Welcome to Gaia! ::

Personally, I think Tokyopop has the better selection, but Viz claims the really good artists like Yuu Watase. Some others are OK... What do YOU think? ninja
However, from what I hear, Viz isn't very respectful to their customers. Regarding anime publishers, I think Funimation is the best. They've even encouraged Furuba fans to try for a second season of Fruits Basket.
Do you mean anime or manga?

Anime = Cartoon
Manga = Comic
... I thought you meant like animation studios when I clicked on this topic.. Ah well.

As for companies that do US releases of anime.. Bandai almost always handles their own stuff pretty well. Viz has gotten a lot better than they used to be, too.

Tokyopop manages to not bastardize the manga they put out, but I'm not too familiar with how they handle anime.

5,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Citizen 200
  • Trader 100
Bandai and Pioneer seem to be the best for anime.
I deffinatly like funimations work and tokyo pop since they made a lot of my faverate animes I can't help but love. But if I where to makie an anime which I already am working on hoping to be famus in the future paranormal cross over I will never leave it in the hands of 4kids after seeing what they turned tokyo mew mew into cry .
well actually i like clamp's work.
Im a big fan of Bandai, Also i like I.G. they do a pretty nice job.
Prob'ly Tokyopop.
Animemoon

Yeah way they are so great! RG Veda, and everything else they have done, like Wish and there single vol.
Animemoon

i like them too. but they aren't a publishing company. xd

anyways, i like Digital Manga Publishing. their manga costs a bit more than Tokyopop but i love their yaoi series that they have. i can't wait until they come out with Yellow. 3nodding
I'd have to say one of the better U.S. Distributors of anime, if not one of the more important ones, is U.S. Manga Corp. They did a lot for Anime, like actually offering anime to the u.s. populace and making a more stable fan base. They did a lot of historic things, like being the first to ever release a bilingual DVD, (that's Battle Arena Toshinden, kiddies) and digitaly clean up animation and music.. Also, they were the first to fund convention activities. But if your talking just plain distribution, It seems that ADV and VIZ are the better, only because disney doesn't actually release Studio Ghiblie films without supervision from the main studio. Also, i noticed some people making some incorrect references. Production I.G. is a studio, and Clamp is a group of artists, not distributors.
Mangas- Tokyopop

Anime- Funimation, I think? Well, whatever company did Read or Die is my fave. not sure about the name.

8,400 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
For mangas I like Tokyopop

550 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
For manga: Brocolli Books. They're my favourite, also TokyoPop and Del Rey.

Anime: Geneon, ADV, and Bandai Entertainment.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff