Welcome to Gaia! ::

Have you ever had any problems with bad subtitles? (Bad sentence structure, grammar, etc.)?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on July 4, 2004.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3

Musuu
Cartoon Network is going to RUIN anime...

not 'going' already done
Sometimes theres bad subtitles.. actually most of the time... 3nodding 3nodding 3nodding
Ya, a lot of subtitels suck. XP
I've only really had trouble twice. with the final episode of Escaflowne, the subtitles cut out near the end, and with the first volume of rahxephon, the subtitles on the second episode seem to be delayed so they arrive a second or so after the spoken line. can make things a little confusing, but not a catastrophic problem
My Gravitation DVDs. *laughs* They didn't even translate the profanities correctly...or the rest of it...and I ended up keeping a list of what they said all the names were, and what the names actually are, but 's all good. Better than nothing. I have dial-up, so I can't get the fansubs...
I've never even downloaded a fansub before. I prefer to get stuff legally.
GunnerSenne
My Gravitation DVDs. *laughs* They didn't even translate the profanities correctly...or the rest of it...and I ended up keeping a list of what they said all the names were, and what the names actually are, but 's all good. Better than nothing. I have dial-up, so I can't get the fansubs...

I had the same problem. xd I mean, Ryuichi... Lung... Ryuichi... Lung... Erk, and the whole Yuki/Eiri/Yuki Eiri thing got confusing. I lost track of who they were talking about all the time, probably also because the subtitles didn't make a whole lot of sense anyway.
Some media players cand delete them, and some DVD have the feature of delete them

Greedy Prophet

7,300 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
The worst subbing ever is from Naruto. Misspelling, Grammer problems, and forgetting to sub some of it. Through a huge flashback, they forgot to sub it. I still don't know what happen.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff