Welcome to Gaia! ::

Rinovdro
I wish there was a legal and inexpensive way to buy Anime... but its way to expensive!! domokun domokun

Thats why you download it or get a job.

Jeez, freaking idiot.

Cheery Sweetheart

17,000 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Champion 300
Actually, let's look at things in perspective. I was collecting anime before DVDs were invented. So that means VHS. Did you know that one Ranma 1/2 VHS, which had one format only, for two episodes, cost $30? And that was cheap.

DVDs have multiple formats, extras, and usually at least 3 episodes, some with 4-8 depending on the series, and all for between the average price of $20 - $30.

I think anime nowadays is much more affordable. And much more widely available.
I know & there rarely on sale. Other dvds when released start off around £17 then within a month there about £12 then just go down from theN ON, but world cinema & anime always stay at the same price because the reatiler or publisher know that its a very specific item that only a small group of people would buy it & because they know they they know you as a customer will still buy it regardless because they know youll pay that prce for it.
So i say lets all stop buying any anime for a year & see what that does to the prices. Lets send a messgae to the corporate big wigs.

Cheery Sweetheart

17,000 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Champion 300
Lovelessmana

So i say lets all stop buying any anime for a year & see what that does to the prices. Lets send a messgae to the corporate big wigs.
If the market dries up for anime, it won't be licensed anymore. It's simple economics.
its is and it isnt

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces