Welcome to Gaia! ::

PumpkinBrains's Husband

Feral Rabbit

i just started it.
im probably going to watch episode 3 tomorrow.
seems pretty alright so far though. o:
opinions?

Lonely Lunatic

It was a good anime. Great soundtrack and visuals, and had an interesting plot. 8/10 at least
I thought it was a really good anime, at least until the end. The ending was... eh.

PumpkinBrains's Husband

Feral Rabbit

bunneko
It's decent overall. Episode 9 has an amazing scene that is still embedded in my mind after watching it several months ago. You should watch until at least that episode. *u*

lol im just trying to find an anime that my bf and i could watch together but hes extremely picky and cant watch anything too typical.
I found it disappointing, but I was pretty hype prior to when it aired. The animation was great and imo it had the best soundtrack of the summer, but the story and the characters just kept getting worse, especially after episode 4. I know a lot of other people liked it, though, so maybe I'm just being contrary.

PumpkinBrains's Husband

Feral Rabbit

Moeyen
I found it disappointing, but I was pretty hype prior to when it aired. The animation was great and imo it had the best soundtrack of the summer, but the story and the characters just kept getting worse, especially after episode 4. I know a lot of other people liked it, though, so maybe I'm just being contrary.

are you typically this picky?
cause my bf is.
thats why i need second opinions like this.

we just finished elfen lied which he enjoyed in the beginning then hated later on.
i tell him of more gory animes like Higurashi no Kuroni and he hated it...

but he got into Serial Experiments Lain and I think he likes it.

its just hard to figure out what he's into sometimes.

also Zankyou no Terror is a little slow for me.
I'm used to watching more fast paced and exciting animes like Durarara and High School of the Dead even though that one was kind of an ecchi but them fight scenes are so ******** great.
Watched it and enjoyed it to the end.

Lonely Regular

13,800 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Junior 100
User Image
"To the one I love..

Have yet to finish it. Horey shet.

..prepare to die."
User Image

Space Genius

In comparison to other Shinichiro Watanabe's productions, Terror in Tokyo is average. It starts very promissing, but later the plot falls apart and things get pretty messy. It also doesn't have the strong vibes, that Cowboy Bebop or Samurai Champloo had.

In comparison to other anime in general, Terror in Tokyo is a good series, but addressed to more ambitious watchers. It has great music and animation, and characters' behaviors are thought-provoking. I would recommend it to older and more mature anime fans rather than beginners.

Personally, I liked Terror in Tokyo, but I was more fond of Space Dandy.
dickpose
Moeyen

are you typically this picky?
cause my bf is.
thats why i need second opinions like this.

we just finished elfen lied which he enjoyed in the beginning then hated later on.
i tell him of more gory animes like Higurashi no Kuroni and he hated it...

but he got into Serial Experiments Lain and I think he likes it.

its just hard to figure out what he's into sometimes.

also Zankyou no Terror is a little slow for me.
I'm used to watching more fast paced and exciting animes like Durarara and High School of the Dead even though that one was kind of an ecchi but them fight scenes are so ******** great.

lol yes I am very critical, although I try to be fair. If your bf likes Lain, it sounds like he prefers more psychological anime (correct me if I'm wrong)? Unfortunately, Zantero doesn't really deliver on this front. My kneejerk recommendation to anyone is Neon Genesis Evangelion, which has fights but also deals with some pretty dark psychological issues. It's far from perfect, but I love it a lot. Lain was influenced by Ghost in the Shell, so that might be worth a shot. Ergo Proxy and Paprika might be good choices too (similar settings/themes to Lain). All these have great animation styles and world building imo. That's about all I can recommend that are like Lain. Are there any other series your bf has enjoyed?

Versatile Elder

14,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Survivor 150
I dropped it. It had potential at the start but when Twelve became a little s**t and started pouring all his focus into Lisa I grew bored. What a useless girl, that Lisa. Series would have been better without her existence and constant blunders.
I absolutely loved it. Although I do agree (to a certain point) that Lisa's existence wasn't that important, I have to say I'm happy that she found 'happiness' after being abused by her mother and bullied by people at her school.
Lisa aside, the series made me cry so much and I hope you enjoy it until the end smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff