Welcome to Gaia! ::

Rhyou
Uggh yes someone mention one piece already and just looking at the manga that thing has way to many volumes
Naruto I thought that was it but then they went to shippuden boring its the same thing over and over again.
Bleach After the arrancas died of and ichigo losses his spiritual energy that was the perfect ending for me Screw you if you say it was a long anime it was worth it scream

technically the one piece anime ended sweatdrop
...despite movies

Witty Phantom

Bleach, Full Metal Alchemist and Naruto.
And Cowboy Bebop. Stop with the ******** re-runs, already.

Astral Phantom

bacon is revolting
Rhyou
Uggh yes someone mention one piece already and just looking at the manga that thing has way to many volumes
Naruto I thought that was it but then they went to shippuden boring its the same thing over and over again.
Bleach After the arrancas died of and ichigo losses his spiritual energy that was the perfect ending for me Screw you if you say it was a long anime it was worth it scream

technically the one piece anime ended sweatdrop
...despite movies

Okay good to know but check how old this quote is or not it doesnt matter anyways

Dapper Vampire

TuckyX
Mana Sama 13
TuckyX
Rhyou

One Piece is the top manga series in Japan, and in many other countries. It's manga volumes (tankobon) outsell other series by a huge margin. Sorry to say, but the fans that would get pissed off by it's cancelation, far outnumber the ones that want to end the series. Manga is a business, one that's losing more and more readers to smart phones, tablets and portable gaming devices. Any publisher would be stupid to cancel the most popular manga on the planet. If you're interested in shorter series, with tighter stories and clear and closed endings, don't read shonen battle manga.

Who said anything about getting the publishers to cancel their most popular mangas... I think Naruto has gone on for too long but that doesn't mean I want the publisher to cancel it. I actually want the creator to end it instead of dragging it out and making it lose it's creativity in the story.

I agree on anyone who doesn't like a super long drawn out series to not go and read/watch any shonen battle manga/anime.

Shonen series, as with most manga, aren't creator owned series. Mangaka don't have complete power over their series once they have been published by a magazine. Ending a manga series, especially ones published in shonen magazines like Jump, isn't just up to the manga creator. Japanese readers who participate in weekly polls held by each magazine, and the editors of those magazines, factor quite heavily into whether or not a series ends or keeps going. In short, if the readers and editors of Jump want Kishimoto to keep Naruto going, he will most likely have to keep it going.

From a story stand point dragging it out like that is dumb.....It just waters down everything until it's a boring skeleton of its self......Sure it may still be popular but the story is now bland and you can tell the creator is running out of ideas.

Liberal Fatcat

If an anime is running for 100+ episodes, with about 75% of those episodes being filler and you arent getting to the point any time soon, then it just needs to stop. I stopped watching Naruto because of this. After I realized that Sasuke was not going to be found any time soon, I switched to another channel. I cant tolerate Pokemon as well. I understand that the anime series is still geared towards little kids, but the repetitiveness has been going on ever since the end of the Johto saga. Its annoying to watch now and there's nothing fresh. With the newest region, I was surprised to see that after over 9000 episodes, Team Rocket was actually being a decent threat instead of being annoying comic relief characters that stopped being funny. But still, every episode is the same after the last one. The only noticeable difference would be slightly different dialogue and a new pokemon of the day.

Distinct Member

5,150 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Mana Sama 13
TuckyX
Shonen series, as with most manga, aren't creator owned series. Mangaka don't have complete power over their series once they have been published by a magazine. Ending a manga series, especially ones published in shonen magazines like Jump, isn't just up to the manga creator. Japanese readers who participate in weekly polls held by each magazine, and the editors of those magazines, factor quite heavily into whether or not a series ends or keeps going. In short, if the readers and editors of Jump want Kishimoto to keep Naruto going, he will most likely have to keep it going.

From a story stand point dragging it out like that is dumb.....It just waters down everything until it's a boring skeleton of its self......Sure it may still be popular but the story is now bland and you can tell the creator is running out of ideas.

I didn't know that most manga creators didn't get to own, or well have creative power over their work after it was published in a magazine. I had heard (but have no substantiating evidence) that Yu Yu Hakusho's creator wanted to end the series much sooner than he got to, but because of fan out cry he had to drag it on as long as he wound up doing.
I'm with Mana Sama that on a story stand point that's a real shame, because yes the original thing just gets watered down. However, it also means that the original idea of the creator might be lost for good... They might have had a really great idea for how to end the series, or just do something really special with it, and if they have limited creative say over their work that option is gone.
If I were to quote a series that I think went on too long (well one that I've actually SEEN at any rate) it would be Inuyasha. I stopped watching when it looked as if the plot were eating itself and just going on in an endless loop. However, I am not sure I can really blame the creator for that anymore now am I?
Pokemon and Yugioh! geez, those two just lost all originality and entertainment value long ago.

Dapper Dabbler

Bleach. Definitely Bleach. Naruto is also very repetitive.
Mana Sama 13
TuckyX
Mana Sama 13
TuckyX
Rhyou

One Piece is the top manga series in Japan, and in many other countries. It's manga volumes (tankobon) outsell other series by a huge margin. Sorry to say, but the fans that would get pissed off by it's cancelation, far outnumber the ones that want to end the series. Manga is a business, one that's losing more and more readers to smart phones, tablets and portable gaming devices. Any publisher would be stupid to cancel the most popular manga on the planet. If you're interested in shorter series, with tighter stories and clear and closed endings, don't read shonen battle manga.

Who said anything about getting the publishers to cancel their most popular mangas... I think Naruto has gone on for too long but that doesn't mean I want the publisher to cancel it. I actually want the creator to end it instead of dragging it out and making it lose it's creativity in the story.

I agree on anyone who doesn't like a super long drawn out series to not go and read/watch any shonen battle manga/anime.

That's the thing, the reason why it's still popular, is because people still enjoy the story. The number of people who rather see the series end, are far outnumbered by the people who still want to read it. If you read the manga, you would know that it wouldn't make sense, story wise, to end it any time some. That said, it does seem that it's moving towards a big finale. The end is in sight, but being a shonen manga, that could still mean a year or more from now.
Bleach, I can excuse Naruto and One Piece a bit on this matter...and I'm speaking on the series in general including the manga.

Friendly Werewolf

9,200 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Anything that starts using a lot of filler episodes...

9,675 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
Hm. Probably Naruto. I don't watch it, though, so I can't really complain.

Gracious Genius

5,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
Dragonball series'

Kawaii Shoujo

Silvus69
Brother Louie
Case Closed aka Detective Conan.

AGREED!
That goes double for me.

Dapper Vampire

TuckyX
Mana Sama 13
TuckyX
Mana Sama 13
TuckyX
Rhyou

That's the thing, the reason why it's still popular, is because people still enjoy the story. The number of people who rather see the series end, are far outnumbered by the people who still want to read it. If you read the manga, you would know that it wouldn't make sense, story wise, to end it any time some. That said, it does seem that it's moving towards a big finale. The end is in sight, but being a shonen manga, that could still mean a year or more from now.

I know Naruto is close to coming to an end but getting to the end is going to be drawn out by flashbacks or another storyline....There was just so much thrown into the story of Naruto that ending it will be a hard long process. I know someone who is an avid Naruto fan who is starting to get sick of how long and drawn out the story is getting....I just hope that the ending to Naruto will be good and tie up all loose ends nicely.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff