Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ok so, this may sound weird coming from a guy but all my friends are girls and they always point this out.
Cyborg 009: 8 men with really cool powers, 1 girl with a shitty power who is stuck taking care of the babyall the time.
Naruto(I love this show):a group of 4, 3 guys, 1 girl, the girl being the weakest, always distracted by a boy, and not as "main" as the other main characters(its because the creator isnt very good at drawing girls)
Dragon Ball Z(also a favorite of mine): a ton of guys, 4 main girls, 2 of them fight but 1 is very weak compared to the rest and the other is rarely seen.
Yu Yu Hakusho(also a fave):all main male characters are very strong fighters, all main female characters dont fight at all(of course you have to concider Makuro one of the kings of demon world or should I say queen)

My point is, a lot of these shows dont give women much credit. Just saying, all you male manga artists out there, women may look and act frail and weak, but believe me, they are anything but!
I suggest you should reword the topic title. You'll get a bunch of whiny, bratty, girls thinking they are agreeing with you.
Yeah, well:

Japan has a different culture then we do over here in the West. That includes a different set of collective representations on women.

Think that might show in films and TV shows coming from Japan? Because it does.
Red Scully
Yeah, well:

Japan has a different culture then we do over here in the West. That includes a different set of collective representations on women.

Yeah, I agree.
Its true, you have to admit. If women are strong enough to get through menstrul cramps, caring a 30 pound baby for 9 months, then actually have a baby, they can certainly kick some anime bad guy a**! I mean take this for example:
Goku is the strongest man in the universe, but he still cant win against Chichi! I say Goku has some competition!
Red Scully
Yeah, well:

Iv been reading on Japanese history. The samurai took many hardships in the line of duty. But not only he had to take them. His wife had to take the same hardships. Plus there was a law in Japan that if a woman slacked off, neglected her house hold duties, or gossiped, she would be divorced imediatly. Besides, American animations are even worse with their portrayal of the female gender. But hey, dont yell at me. Like I said all my friends are girls and they are always telling me these things.
question what are you talking about there lot of strong anime girls
there is nothing wrong with girls that like anime they have every right to watch it as we do
Sasuke_Of_The_Sharigan
Red Scully
Yeah, well:

Iv been reading on Japanese history. The samurai took many hardships in the line of duty. But not only he had to take them. His wife had to take the same hardships. Plus there was a law in Japan that if a woman slacked off, neglected her house hold duties, or gossiped, she would be divorced imediatly. Besides, American animations are even worse with their portrayal of the female gender. But hey, dont yell at me. Like I said all my friends are girls and they are always telling me these things.

How are American animations worse in their portrayal of the female gender?
Sakura is actually a fairly important Character, the reason she's less "main" than Sasuke and Naruto is because its a Shounen Manga. its meant for Boys. And most of the girl Cyborgs abilities wouldn't be very useful in combat (amazing hearing is her main power thats not very useful)
DBZ was simply made for Guys.
If you think there are so few strong women in anime, I think you should definately broaden your viewing ability. There are alot of animes out there that are about women who can kick major a**. Some of them have very few to no male characters.
All of those titles you named were created by men. Unfourtounatly, many female artist are even worse with their portrayals of females, making the doormates in abusive relationships.

There are also artist that feature strong, lead women in their comics, for example, Adachi Misturu and Yumi Tamura.
Yes, some anime has strong female characters, but most don't. This is because of Japanese society. Japanese society cherishes a woman that is meek, submissive, and school-girl-ish.

The popularity of their uniforms should tell you that much. It's just the way it is.
I'm a women hater!!!!!!!!!!!DIE POLICE GIRL!!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff