Welcome to Gaia! ::

Bashful Prophet

7,150 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Timid 100
jsyk, i prefer romance/dramatic anime a lot. and endings that'll make me cry a river are nice too 'w'
anime i'v seen (its a long list so uh)

so are there any anime you would suggest?

Shy Seeker

I see you've already watched The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and Wolf Children. Those are good movies for touching moments. 4laugh

Hmm... Romance isn't typically my forte I admit, but here are some suggestions I'd make:

Kare Kano (His and Her Circumstances) - The two meet under unusual conditions, but romance slowly blossoms between them. The aforementioned unusual circumstances is part of the appeal because the story also really goes into the personal troubles each character has and what they must work past to accept each other's love.

Vision of Escaflowne - If you're willing to try a romantic fantasy tale in a strange land that also involves some usage of mecha and action sequences, give this a shot. It's a classic series.

Maria Watches Over Us - This isn't a romance per se, but I feel that it does really get into the deep bonds of friendship between the girls. Their school has a sort of mentoring system where an older student guides a younger one as her "sister". If you're okay with a slower show that focuses on relationships between people rather than something involving fast-paced action, try it.

Bunny Drop (Usagi Drop) - If you enjoyed both the heartwarming moments and the troubles faced in Wolf Children, try this series about a single man in his thirties who takes in a young girl who no one else in his family will immediately accept after his grandfather passes away. It displays a lot of the ups and downs in parenting.

Myself;Yourself - I wasn't entirely sure of this one... I think it might have been the ending that didn't exactly work for me? Eh, I don't remember. However, I do recall that it had some emotional stuff involving characters' pasts and some healing to go through that I felt for a bit, so maybe try this as well?

Manga (If you're willing to read as well as watch)

Girl Friends - If you're willing to try a yuri romance, I felt that this series was really, really good. It was very touching what with the tribulations the two main characters in love had to go through in a society not necessarily accepting of LGBT relationships, not just in dealing with others but in understanding and accepting their own feelings for each other. It seemed very realistic to me based on the actual issues non-heterosexual couples often face - guilt, shame, etc. - rather than some series that just seem to go all unrealistically yay yay yay girl-on-girl or boy-on-boy action. And despite all that seriousness, it has lots of happy/fun moments too and also focuses on friendships. 3nodding

Hana-Kimi - The main protagonist is a girl in love with a boy who goes to an all-boys school, so what does she do to be close to the guy she loves? She disguises herself as a boy and enrolls at his school! This series is really good not just for the slowly developing romance, but also friendship, showing that a girl can do what boys can do with ambition and confidence, and general humour. ^_^

Alien Cosmonaut

Galaxy Express 999 is episodic, and just about every episode will make you shed a tear.

Bashful Prophet

7,150 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Timid 100
GuardianCentauri

ahh yea wolf children and the girl who leapt through time were really good and had such nice scenery too!!
i love yuri and its even better when its not for male gaze and when its not just fanservice, so i'm sure i might read girl friends. and i'v been thinking about watching usagi drop too.

Bashful Prophet

7,150 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Timid 100
Bitway Ozrock
Galaxy Express 999 is episodic, and just about every episode will make you shed a tear.

sounds great ;w; i might watch it.

Alien Cosmonaut

sayu hisanuma
Bitway Ozrock

sounds great ;w; i might watch it.

In my opinion, it's one of the best animes out there. It's super beautiful and thought-provoking. biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff