Welcome to Gaia! ::

Are their any anime you started to watch, but then ended up dropping partway through?

I was watching Oreimo, (My Little Sister Can't be This Cute) and I kind of liked it at first, but ended up dropping it seven or eight episodes in. Kirino being this perfect, intelligent, model, straight A, abusive, bitchy, Mary sue became too much for me; I really wanted Kyousuke just to ******** tell her off, and stop catering to her.

And people would always contest, ":bawww, Kyousuke ignored her when she was little, that's why she is like this now!" That is bullshit, and does not excuse her from being a psychotic, abusive, b***h.

I've tried to watch Clannad multiple times, but I can never get through the first two episodes, I'm not sure why though. I guess because I was expecting a hooking drama like Nana.

I've dropped the Naruto Manga completely; I followed it right up to a few months ago, but the way Kishimoto pulls s**t out of his a** CONSTANTLY pissed me off to much. Relying on bringing back old villains with "lol zombies," and his constant reliance on using the Sharingan and Rinnegan as plot devices are what really sealed the deal for me.

So what about you? What series did you drop part way through, and why?

4,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
87% of the suggested anime, the faggots in this forum suggests emotion_donotwant

After my noob days. I started ******** over anyone who keeps suggesting s**t.

Aged Codger

I watched Oreimo for Ruri.

I will almost always drop a series when I stop caring what happens to the characters. Case in point, Madoka. Heard it was good; it was definitely interesting, but I really didn't give a crap about any of the characters which in turn made the rest of the story irrelevant, and into the proverbial trash bin it went.

Horridon's Spouse

Romantic Shapeshifter

User ImagexxUser ImagexxUser Image
x“We will always be brothers. We are bound together.”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxAo No Exorcist. I like how the anime started, but then it strayed away from the manga and I dropped it instantly. I didn't like the way it was headed. I watched about 21 episodes.
The manga is currently on my "on hold" list. I need to sit down and read it again one of these days.

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
Naruto, Bleach, Sailor Moon (stopped watching after it stopped airing in the US), Digimon (stopped watching after the 2nd season), Bakuman, Neon Genesis Evangelion (I had to watch it for my online Japanese Anime/Manga class. One of the topics in the class was Mecha Anime, and my professor (a native Japanese speaker, by the way) chose that anime as being the required title to watch.), Chobits, Rosario+Vampire
I don;t usually tend to drop series I'm watching/reading (well, except a few mangas who's names I cant even remember) but as for animes I've 'dropped' the Big 3 of Naruto, Bleach and One Piece.

Solely on the grounds that I'm already up to date on the mangas which are much further in the story and I'd rather not watch all the filler junk. sweatdrop

Hilarious Codger

Black Butler-Got to the last episode of the first season and decided I just really didn't give a ********.
Yokai Otome Zakuro- Don't know why, just forgot about it I guess. I plan on finishing it, but probably won't.
IS-Three episodes and it got dropped for something else.
I stopped caring about naruto and bleach almost at the same time. I don't hate either of them. But I just didn't care enough about either to keep watching or reading.

Sparkly Star

BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad; I thoroughly enjoyed the anime, but the distributor had long since become defunct, so I had no way to get the last two DVDs.
D.Gray-Man; I loved the manga, but as soon as Timothy showed up, I dropped the series. I would've picked it up again, had I not found out what happened to the only character that kept me reading. I dropped the anime after the frustrating filler arc with that one girl who had Innocence but lost it.

Tipsy Senshi

18,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Oh lord...I've dropped tons of shows over the years...some because I was forced to (On TV and stopped airing before I got to finish), and others I simply just wasn't digging. But I've got about 111 different series on my 'dropped' list.
iExorcist
BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad; I thoroughly enjoyed the anime, but the distributor had long since become defunct, so I had no way to get the last two DVDs.
D.Gray-Man; I loved the manga, but as soon as Timothy showed up, I dropped the series. I would've picked it up again, had I not found out what happened to the only character that kept me reading. I dropped the anime after the frustrating filler arc with that one girl who had Innocence but lost it.

I feel like the author of D.Gray Man should have started wrapping the series up after the Noah story arc. : / After we started getting level 4 Akuma s**t, I lost interest.
Witchblade. Dunno if I've officially dropped it, but I kinda started zoning out and haven't picked it up in months. Naruto would be another. Back in like 07 or something like that Adult Swim had a 24 hour marathon and I watched a few episodes, some were interesting but not enough to keep me watching afterwards.
Moribito:guardian of the spirit

Its a fantastic series other then the fact that sometimes it moves soooooooooooooo slow. But im not sure if im completely done with it.I at least want to finish it
Naruto.

I guess Lucky Star also counts because I never watched the other half of the first episode. xD

Lunatic

I'll drop a series and go finish it like a week after it finishes airing, only because I have this like...rule, I suppose, that once I start something, I have to finish it.
Only exception is for anime that has over 52 episodes.

Riunite's Fav

Assimilated Player

10,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
Dantalian no Shoka

Gosick

D.Gray-Man

Setokai no Ichizon (total junk)

Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge

Quick Reply