Welcome to Gaia! ::

In a relationship with Golden Captain

Perfect Citizen

Clover_IceQueen
Sailor Lady Moon
Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch emotion_facepalm

Wait, what's bad about that? It's a magical girl series, right?

The plot is convoluted and the pacing is just awful. The characters are one dimensional, too. Granted, it was a kid's show and the target audience probably only saw pretty characters transforming into pretty mermaids and singing some pretty catchy songs.

Don’t get me wrong though, I couldn’t help but adore the over the top nature of it and the way it seemed to hit every magical girl trope and amplified it tend fold. I suppose it’s the campiness that I really like about it.

OpZeroFilms's Kouhai

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
Sailor Lady Moon
Clover_IceQueen
Sailor Lady Moon
Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch emotion_facepalm

Wait, what's bad about that? It's a magical girl series, right?

The plot is convoluted and the pacing is just awful. The characters are one dimensional, too. Granted, it was a kid's show and the target audience probably only saw pretty characters transforming into pretty mermaids and singing some pretty catchy songs.

Don’t get me wrong though, I couldn’t help but adore the over the top nature of it and the way it seemed to hit every magical girl trope and amplified it tend fold. I suppose it’s the campiness that I really like about it.

Well, I do enjoy catchy songs. It was on my magical girl series to-watch list. I've been getting really into them lately. redface

Shy Mage

Clover_IceQueen

I love metal, so I'm with your bf on this one. rofl Please, tell me he listens to actual metal and not that fake emo-core stuff.

gaia_angelleft yum_puddi gaia_angelright

Yes, of course sweatdrop To pick some bands from his collections, Cradle of Filth, Immortal, Moonsorrow, Ensiferum and older Dimmu Borgir

Perfect Citizen

Clover_IceQueen

Well, I do enjoy catchy songs. It was on my magical girl series to-watch list. I've been getting really into them lately. redface

Good! Because you’ll be hearing the same catchy songs over and over again for almost the entirety of the series! They’re the mermaid’s special attacks and, like any proper magical girl anime, they’ll be executed with the same stock footage over and over again.

I love the magical girl genre, though. My first anime was Sailor Moon (shocking, I know) and ever since I’ve had a fondness for shows that centered around frilly girl power.

OpZeroFilms's Kouhai

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
MilkCognac
Clover_IceQueen

I love metal, so I'm with your bf on this one. rofl Please, tell me he listens to actual metal and not that fake emo-core stuff.

Yes, of course sweatdrop To pick some bands from his collections, Cradle of Filth, Immortal, Moonsorrow, Ensiferum and older Dimmu Borgir

Oh, good! I bet he likes Skeletonwitch. If not, tell him to check them out. They're good to their fans too. They let a seven-year-old girl interview them because she was a big fan. It was cute smile

OpZeroFilms's Kouhai

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
Sailor Lady Moon
Clover_IceQueen

Good! Because you’ll be hearing the same catchy songs over and over again for almost the entirety of the series! They’re the mermaid’s special attacks and, like any proper magical girl anime, they’ll be executed with the same stock footage over and over again.

I love the magical girl genre, though. My first anime was Sailor Moon (shocking, I know) and ever since I’ve had a fondness for shows that centered around frilly girl power.

I know how you feel. I used to get up super early as a kid just to watch Sailor Moon and Pokemon. xd

Perfect Citizen

Clover_IceQueen

I know how you feel. I used to get up super early as a kid just to watch Sailor Moon and Pokemon. xd

I was obsessed with the Pokémon anime as a preteen, right after I was finally introduced to the games by my older brother. I was a bit late to the party on that one.

Sailor Moon was what I woke up to, too. I first caught it when I was six years old and was pretty stoked there was a show about teenaged superhero girls.

OpZeroFilms's Kouhai

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
Sailor Lady Moon
Clover_IceQueen

I was obsessed with the Pokémon anime as a preteen, right after I was finally introduced to the games by my older brother. I was a bit late to the party on that one.

Sailor Moon was what I woke up to, too. I first caught it when I was six years old and was pretty stoked there was a show about teenaged superhero girls.

Yeah, that was really uncommon back then. That's what made it so cool biggrin

5,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
Chobits, Saint Saiya, Monster, and Gundam Wing.

OpZeroFilms's Kouhai

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
madame13

Chobits has many problems, but I like it anyway. smile

5,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
Clover_IceQueen
madame13

Chobits has many problems, but I like it anyway. smile

What's wrong with Chobits?
Mine would Ikki tousen rofl aka battle vixens
The Digimon Dub. redface
Also, not sure if this counts as a guilty pleasure, but Redline is my second favorite movie of all time.

Alien Star

Sometimes I like to watch "Panty And Stocking With Garterbelt." (Not really sure if it counts as an anime) Although I don't appreciate the constant cussing and the art looks a bit odd, I like the characters especially Scanty and Kneesocks. They're pretty cool.

Creeper Bunny

OHMAN there's a sh*t ton of shota I like

Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru, among other harem anime. I mean, DAMN. I refuse to believe he's a boy. No, he's a futanari...

And other stupid harems. Ah, man, there so much dumb stuff I love. Cliche can be good.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff