Welcome to Gaia! ::

After the untimely death of our original Animation Cels thread, this new thread was created to fill the void. ^_^v

We, who chat here, are all collectors of animation art, whether it be cels, douga & genga, backgrounds or other miscellaneous goodies. We're not talking those machine printed things you get free for buying DVDs at Suncoast... We're talking the REAL thing here. The stuff that was acutally used in the making of our favorite animated movies/series/OVAs! ^.^

Clueless on the Subject?
- Keys' FAQ is a fantastic place to start. Click on the link to visit.

<center>What is a cel?

"'Cel' is the common term for 'animation celluloid.' Cels are used to produce pieces of animation. Each cel is a frame in the action. When individually shot and sped up, they create the illusion of motion."
~Keys</center>

REGULAR TALKERS:----------------------
--NOTICE: Now before you go to any of these galleries, I'm going to just point out now that ALL of the images contained on these sites are in the possession of their owner... we all phisically own these pieces of art. Under no circumstances are you allowed to take the images and use them for your own gain. Direct link them, or take them for your own website, and we can and WILL get your host to delete the images... usually they will delete your entire site too. DO NOT mess with our images... we WILL get pissed.

+ NAME .......................... CEL GALLERY................................................ LAST UPDATED
+ yaten ........................... Galaxy Cauldron............................................ 6-17-2004
+ Lady Brick .................... MindEclipse Cel Gallery ................................ 5-27-2004
+ jcaliff ............................ Jcaliff's Cel Gallery ...................................... 6-18-2004
+ Travesty ...................... Daisuki Cels .................................................. 6-19-2004
+ tralfaz .......................... Tralfaz's Cel Collection ................................. -
+ Peppermint Elf ............. Nabs-chan's Super Cute Cel Sanctuary ....... 4-9-04
+ chibixane ..................... Xane's Cels ................................................... 10-1-2002
+ Kai Baris ...................... Zag's Cels ...................................................... 3-27-2004
+ Gundamnook ............... Gundam Nook's Cel Gallery .......................... 6-5-2004
+ Malaryush .................... 130% Mad Crazy Cel-ery ............................. 6-15-2004
+ Inukipachuki ................ The Dog House .............................................. 6-19-2004
+ YuukiHikari ................... Yuuki's Cel Album .......................................... 2-13-2004
+ Slai ............................... -

- more names will be added as soon as the people post. 3nodding

NOTICE: Okay, I went searching and found everyone's gallery. ^__^v That's what boredom on a Saturday afternoon will do to ya. ^^ There are a few of you that don't have when you updated listed... so if you want me to list when you last updated before the next time you update... please let me know a rough date. Xane, you told me you updated some time between August and October 2002, so i just put your update date as october first. ^^
Thanks for reposting, Yaten. I didn't visit the old cel thread a whole lot, but I did check on it from time to time and it got to be pretty impressive in size. A shame it's gone :/

To start some cel discussion, I personally have a big cel gallery update coming up (as well as a bunch of eBay auctions... went a little overboard with the buying) What about everybody else?
Prince Seth
-link removed-
We are people who collect the real thing, not people who 1. Don't know what a cel is, or 2. people who STEAL images of cels for their own use. Please kindly leave this topic.

EDIT: WhiteJoker removed his post. thankies! 4laugh
Prince Seth
for some DBZ cels go to www.db-unlimited.net

Posting scans of cels that you don't own is a good way to get your site shut down by your host server. Remember, cels are actually physical pieces of art that people own, not just pictures. If you don't own the cel, you have no right to post the scan without permission.

Galactic Hero

13,375 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Lapin Patrol Haldus: Victory! 100
  • Lapin Patrol Kastra: Victory! 250
Lady Brick
Thanks for reposting, Yaten. I didn't visit the old cel thread a whole lot, but I did check on it from time to time and it got to be pretty impressive in size. A shame it's gone :/

To start some cel discussion, I personally have a big cel gallery update coming up (as well as a bunch of eBay auctions... went a little overboard with the buying) What about everybody else?

Well, I did a small update that I posted to the old topic about last night. Just a few cels, but I absolutely adore my new Gourry. heart xd

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Thanks for creating the new thread, Yaten! Hopefully this one will prosper like the old.

Galactic Hero

13,375 Points
Prince Seth
for some DBZ cels go to <link removed here as well, don't need to give him any extra advertisement>

It's because of crap-tastic cel scan thieves like this that so many people don't want to post galleries and make us feel like we should watermark our cels. stressed domokun
jcaliff
Well, I did a small update that I posted to the old topic about last night. Just a few cels, but I absolutely adore my new Gourry. heart xd

Ooooh, I adore your new Gourry too ^^

Here are some sneak peeks at my upcoming update (still waiting for a bunch of cels to arrive)

jcaliff
Lady Brick

Thanks for creating the new thread, Yaten! Hopefully this one will prosper like the old.
I've said it before and I'll say it again. ^__^ That gourry cel is niiiiiice. heehee...

I don't think anything is going to be able to pull the other thread out of the pits of gaia hell... so I think I'm going to go ahead and make the first post into something more proper. I'll wait until tomorrow afternoon to do so though... just so everyone has a chance to see this.

I'm thinking, i'll give us a banner, a brief intro of what cels are, a link to Keys' extensive FAQ, to answer peoples questions, a link to the Guild, and also, if everyone likes the idea, perhaps a list of the people who talk here regularl, along with links to their sites, and a sort of keep-track of when they last updated.

Does that sound good?
Sounds good to me ^^
ohhh. Shucks. That topic was over 9 months old. ='(

Oh well. In with the new.

*oggles people's new stuff* =)

I'm waiting for a box from Anime Museum. I'll probably also be ebaying off my "For Trade" section. Need monay.
Updates! ooo! I updated my main site yesterday with lots of new stuffs. If your computer is set to a higher resolution, go ahead and check it out. If you need a lower resolution, I'll be updating my Rubberslug site later on tonight. ^_~

I added stuff from Tenshi ni Narumon, Naruto, Violinist of Hameln, Sailor Moon, Marmalade Boy... hmm... Ryu Knight... and Ah! My Goddess... I think that's it. ^^;;
Ah... I thought I was going insane or something. I couldn't find the cels thread anywhere, and the search doesn't work. crying

Galactic Hero

13,375 Points
yaten

I added stuff from Tenshi ni Narumon, Naruto, Violinist of Hameln, Sailor Moon, Marmalade Boy... hmm... Ryu Knight... and Ah! My Goddess... I think that's it. ^^;;

Love your Sarutobi on his chicken-thing! heart xd

:covets: ninja
jcaliff
yaten

Love your Sarutobi on his chicken-thing! heart xd

:covets: ninja
lol... Yeah, it's probably the only Sarutobi I'll ever need... The other two cels that came with him were just a bonus. Though I think I wanted the of Adeu doing his Ethos of Chivalry thing almost as much as the Sarutobi. lol, rest assured that I won't be anymore competition fo you and mala though. ^__^v Heehee...

btw... any idea what those 'chicken things' are really called?

Galactic Hero

13,375 Points
Lady Brick

Here are some sneak peeks at my upcoming update (still waiting for a bunch of cels to arrive)

I LOVE your Bakuretsu Hunter cel! Gateau! Marron! heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces