Welcome to Gaia! ::

Witty Elocutionist

11,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tax Evader 100
Do not quote the first post!!

What i have seen on this forum is fans of every kind of anime that are posting repeat threads and spamming in forum without a point , my intention is asking them why do you do this?

Is it fun to spam in others their threads?
Is it fun to post forums in the wrong section?
Is it fun to create discussion about pointless things?

People intend to hate what they dont understand.
I also hear people allways saying that Gaia is an anime roleplaying site , well its NOT.
It started out that way but with all the subforums that are all non-Anime this site isnt really an anime roleplaying site anymore.

Also people bash other users to sound smart or to be cool. neutral

Is it that hard to just get along with each other?
You are only sounding like an idiot if you bash others just because you dont agree with them.

I usually hear this in discussions:

"Thats not true u f**!!1"

My responce is then : Why isnt it correct?

They respond:

"It just isnt right"

Also some people have lost interest in anime and post topics like :
"Anime sucks"
"I Dislike Anime"

Only moments later i see a bunch of people flaming the topic that havent read the first post at all. They insult the user for posting only his opinion about anime and begin with the arguements :

"If you dont like anime you shouldnt even be here"
"You should die you f**!!1"

People should read the first post before bashing others for just showing a opinion about the thing they watched. rolleyes

What is your opinion on this subject?
I wholeheartedly agree. 3nodding

I find it ignorant of people to post in a thread without reading what the thread was really about.
That's like making a birdhouse without first reading the instructions. stare

My opinion is if they don't like it , then good for them. You can't force people to like something they don't want to.
Bashing them will only make them either more vigilant about what they originally thought or it will probably make them hate anime even more.

Witty Elocutionist

11,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tax Evader 100
anna bandanna
I wholeheartedly agree. 3nodding

I find it ignorant of people to post in a thread without reading what the thread was really about.
That's like making a birdhouse without first reading the instructions. stare

My opinion is if they don't like it , then good for them. You can't force people to like something they don't want to.
Bashing them will only make them either more vigilant about what they originally thought or it will probably make them hate anime even more.

A very good point , and a very good first poster.
I went through a lot of that back when I got started, although I wasn't the one being bashed. Yeah, I used to be a basher. I've matured though, through experience and age comes wisdom. And what I've seen are a bunch of people new to the site receive a rude welcome from the more experienced Gaians. It happens a lot. You have to understand that there are new people coming in all the time. And while the rules and ToS are there for them to read as the register, a lot of them don't take the time to read it (Heck, I didn't even read it when I got started).

Threads that are repeated can become very annoying, yes. But then you have to remember that there are those just getting their feet wet. That's where you have to take the time to find out how long the users have been on. If they've posted enough to know that there are rules in A/M/C that should be enforced, then I feel it necessary to bring the hammer down a bit. But otherwise, I try not to be so hard on them.

As for those that give their opinions on anime, even negative ones, I try to hear them out. If they differ from mine, I can't stop them. Unless they're just trying to stir up trouble, I usually ignore them. Neglecting this usually leads to a back-and-forth contest of "I'm Right, You're Wrong," which makes for a pointless thread.

Case and Point:

Unless they're n00bs (I hate l337), trolls, or elitists, I give them a break. Gaia is here for everyone to enjoy.

Witty Elocutionist

11,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tax Evader 100
Ryu Tenkawa
I went through a lot of that back when I got started, although I wasn't the one being bashed. Yeah, I used to be a basher. I've matured though, through experience and age comes wisdom. And what I've seen are a bunch of people new to the site receive a rude welcome from the more experienced Gaians. It happens a lot. You have to understand that there are new people coming in all the time. And while the rules and ToS are there for them to read as the register, a lot of them don't take the time to read it (Heck, I didn't even read it when I got started).

Threads that are repeated can become very annoying, yes. But then you have to remember that there are those just getting their feet wet. That's where you have to take the time to find out how long the users have been on. If they've posted enough to know that there are rules in A/M/C that should be enforced, then I feel it necessary to bring the hammer down a bit. But otherwise, I try not to be so hard on them.

As for those that give their opinions on anime, even negative ones, I try to hear them out. If they differ from mine, I can't stop them. Unless they're just trying to stir up trouble, I usually ignore them. Neglecting this usually leads to a back-and-forth contest of "I'm Right, You're Wrong," which makes for a pointless thread.

Case and Point:

Unless they're n00bs (I hate l337), trolls, or elitists, I give them a break. Gaia is here for everyone to enjoy.

Very good point!
I don't know why ppl have to do that but, they suck.lol ninja
Guts22
I don't know why ppl have to do that but, they suck.lol ninja

Do what? Could you be more specific?
Yeah I dont understand why people thinks its ok to wish people wound die because they dont like anime or what ever. Its just so wrong the way people would attack someone for just haveing a different life style.
isa_die
Yeah I dont understand why people thinks its ok to wish people wound die because they dont like anime or what ever. Its just so wrong the way people would attack someone for just haveing a different life style.

I gave a whole rant about that in my journal, I feel the same way.
sweatdrop I JUST DON'T GET IT WHEN PEOPLE WHO HATE ANIME COME INTO THIS FORUM AND TELL EVERYONE THEY HATE IT AND IT SUCKS !!??
And that is why you should always read the first post.

Unless that was sarcasm? Or that thing that is called something that I can't think of.

Witty Elocutionist

11,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tax Evader 100
puppyalchemist
sweatdrop I JUST DON'T GET IT WHEN PEOPLE WHO HATE ANIME COME INTO THIS FORUM AND TELL EVERYONE THEY HATE IT AND IT SUCKS !!??

Read the first post. rolleyes
Yo home dawg. Just read your first post. Beautiful! You make alot of sense.
Good point. I don't understand why fans are always beating eachother just over a show of imagination. neutral
To bad we can't get along, there's always some people out there to ruin our fun, i hate that.
If everyone read first posts of threads maybe all of this would calm down.... then again... it depends on what the person puts in the first post.... but usually it's a good point.
Anyway. Good job man. *thumbs up* wink

Witty Elocutionist

11,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tax Evader 100
RockLee-chan
Yo home dawg. Just read your first post. Beautiful! You make alot of sense.
Good point. I don't understand why fans are always beating eachother just over a show of imagination. neutral
To bad we can't get along, there's always some people out there to ruin our fun, i hate that.
If everyone read first posts of threads maybe all of this would calm down.... then again... it depends on what the person puts in the first post.... but usually it's a good point.
Anyway. Good job man. *thumbs up* wink

Thanx! 3nodding
Well, I could go into detail about what I agree with there, but Lord-SW and Ryu Tenkawa probably know personally how I feel on this subject. So I'll try to be as blunt as possible. I despise users who have a blatant disregard for the rules. It's not just that, but it's like common sense just skips out of their heads when they log onto Gaia. It's beyond me why mindless bashing has to occur. I'm all for voicing opinions but to a lot of the peoples on this site it HAS to be their way or the highway. Yes peoples have the right to like and not like whatever they wish, and they shouldn't be attacked for it as long as it wasn't extremely harsh in nature. And oh man, peoples who just barge into threads and mindlessly reply without reading the first post. Those peoples really get on my nerves. I mean come on, it even says(hopefully) to READ THE FIRST POST. Even that shouldn't need to be done, but as I said it's like common sense can't be found in a lot of users here.

Well it wasn't as blunt as I thought, but hey I got my point across.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff