Welcome to Gaia! ::

Distinct Hunter

8,200 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
RoChan
<Snipped for space considerations>
EDIT: Wait... No... I agree with you Streamjumper. redface Sorry! My comprehension lowers in the wee hours of the morning. *sigh* I just helped prove your point. *laughs*

I figured that was what was going on, but didn't want to accidentally condescend by simplifying. I was a little confused by the post at first but figured there'd be a clarification forthcoming... Nice talking to you, and I eagerly anticipate seeing you in the future, whether you're with or against me. I like debating/arguing with/against smart people.
I agree that Teen Titans is a complete poser show of Japanese animation and is a complete waste of good production money and t.v time.
I dont know.. neutral
*dies laughing* This topic is hilarious!!!

It sounds to me like someone just wanted to say 'Megas XLR is better than Teen Titans' and tried to sound smart about it.

Well, I'm a TRUE otaku and a studier of art and history, and while I could give you info on the Ohio history, I can also give you a good bit of info on the differences between Japanese animation and other types of animation and about this whole 'stealing' thing.

But then I thought better about wasting my intelect and lowering my IQ by about 50 points on something so silly. So...have fun duking it out and I shall watch eating popcorn and laughing at you. xd
I'm sorry for stepping out of bounds, but I'm kinda new and I can't help but find this topic interesting.

Not many people realize this, but the Japanese are really the copy cats. Everything that they have made was created in western civilization first. They basically take Items they find from western culture, and make it their own by making it better than the Original. For example; the Train, the Automoblie, computers, TV, and videogames were all created in America.

The same thing happened with animation. The Japanese simply "stole" another idea, and made it better.

Animation was orignally created in America, so to say that the Americans are copying the Japanese is wrong.
Poor Teen Titans, everyone's so mean to it. I think that there isn't really any one "style" to anime. Besides, if an american cartoon decides to created more detailed characters, and use anime cliches, that's fine by me. If you want to diss an american cartoon that looks like it could be anime, diss Totally Spies. That stereotypes all girls as ditzes who only care about hot guys and their clothes. stare I hate that show.
Little Indigo
LockePervert
See now you're a bit off, it wasn't coppying, since there were almost none of the telltale signs of a Disney cartoon in it. It was as I mentioned being inspired, theres a difference which is hard to tell unless you really take some time to look and think. I support, hell I'm ALL FOR being inspired by something else, but when you have to copy it to the point where you are trying your damnedest to pass it off as something it isn't then you got some problems, in my book of course.
Actually, prior to Disney, no illustrator ever incorporated the usage of large eyes (to my knowledge)... Tezuka directly copied the method of large eyes, making it look rather 'Disney-ish'... If you're going to complain on how America incorporates Japanese animation styles into their regular cartoons, why not b***h about how the Japanese stole kanji from the Chinese, then altered almost 80% of the original characters to make it 'their own'?

Because then you'd have to complain about how english was stolen from German and French. Animation was not created in America. "Animation", was taken from cartoons, which date back a long time, into the late 18th century and early 19th century, when comics were first introduced into newspapers as nothing more than to catch readers. If you want to blame Japan for being "western", I'd think you'd want to thank our good friend perry, who forced Japan to open it's trading ports to the rest of the world. Yayy. And then we aided them in becoming imperialist and westernized by funding their imperial army in exchange for special trading rights, yayy. Sorry if I sound rude, I didn't mean to. But really, America was the one that forced westernization on Japan, so it's wrong to say they stole anything from America.
Anti-Matter
Little Indigo
LockePervert
See now you're a bit off, it wasn't coppying, since there were almost none of the telltale signs of a Disney cartoon in it. It was as I mentioned being inspired, theres a difference which is hard to tell unless you really take some time to look and think. I support, hell I'm ALL FOR being inspired by something else, but when you have to copy it to the point where you are trying your damnedest to pass it off as something it isn't then you got some problems, in my book of course.
Actually, prior to Disney, no illustrator ever incorporated the usage of large eyes (to my knowledge)... Tezuka directly copied the method of large eyes, making it look rather 'Disney-ish'... If you're going to complain on how America incorporates Japanese animation styles into their regular cartoons, why not b***h about how the Japanese stole kanji from the Chinese, then altered almost 80% of the original characters to make it 'their own'?

Because then you'd have to complain about how english was stolen from German and French. Animation was not created in America. "Animation", was taken from cartoons, which date back a long time, into the late 18th century and early 19th century, when comics were first introduced into newspapers as nothing more than to catch readers. If you want to blame Japan for being "western", I'd think you'd want to thank our good friend perry, who forced Japan to open it's trading ports to the rest of the world. Yayy. And then we aided them in becoming imperialist and westernized by funding their imperial army in exchange for special trading rights, yayy. Sorry if I sound rude, I didn't mean to. But really, America was the one that forced westernization on Japan, so it's wrong to say they stole anything from America.

It's cool bro, very insightful.
Yes cartoons were created in the Late 18th century, early 19th, but I'm argueing the animated cartoons where originally created by the Americans in the early 1940s. Cartoons, or comics, were not animated.

Westenizations wasn't forced on anyone, all Japan had to do was turn the
Americans away, in fact they did several times, but the japanese wanted the Military power they possesed, so they can try to take china by force.

Distinct Hunter

8,200 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Pie Enabler 100
Gangsta Kenshin
I agree that Teen Titans is a complete poser show of Japanese animation and is a complete waste of good production money and t.v time.

You brought this topic back from nearly 3 months of death to necro-post this drivel?

Get off Al Gore's internet.

Seriously. If you went through the goddamn effort to find this on the very last page of the forum you could at least put forth the effort to read through it to realize that every word of your post was already addressed.
most of the stuff you guys are saying were stolen were just influenced. someone said the Japanese stole kanji from the Chinese that is just stupid look at the location it was influenced by China. some of the other so call stolen ideas are just as stupid And yes the U.S. did force them self on Japan so did many other werstern nations.
America does not emulate Japan more than it does any other country. Our country tends to emulate the countries its citizens come from.

Distinct Hunter

8,200 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Pie Enabler 100
Eckszellis
most of the stuff you guys are saying were stolen were just influenced. someone said the Japanese stole kanji from the Chinese that is just stupid look at the location it was influenced by China. some of the other so call stolen ideas are just as stupid And yes the U.S. did force them self on Japan so did many other werstern nations.

The Japanese as we know them were originally exiled nobles and their retainers from China; the real native Japanese are the Ainu. They brought with them the written language of China which, like their spoken tongue, changed over the years as they interbred with the Ainu and their culture shifted away from China's. The person who brought this up in this discussion has been reading Japanese for years. I suggest you learn a bit more about the Japanese and Chinese languages and history before you accuse someone else of stupidity.

Also, the reference to forcing ourselves on them is to Perry and the Black Ships, where we forced Japan to open their borders to the rest of the world. Yes, other countries had opened Japan up before, but never as forcibly as we did.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff