Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do compare American voices of Anime to one another? Even Japanese?

Yes...so sue me... 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
No...I rather watch the anime 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Freak!!! o.O 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
This is Spam...just thought I'd let you know in the kindest way... 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on April 6, 2004.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 4 5 >

Yeah, I do ^^; Especially the Japanese ones. I have a few of my favorites that I can pick out with no problem. You can even do it within the same show... for example, in the Japanese version the woman who does Haruka/Uranus (Ogata Megumi) also does the voice of you Mamoru, and Petz (Prisma, in the American version). She's in tons of others... oh! Aa Megami-sama! (Ah My Goddess), she's the voice of young Keiichi. ^-^ And I'm pretty sure she does Yuugi in Yu-Gi-Oh!, and also she did Kurama in the debut of Yu Yu Hakusho. That's all I can think of off the top of my head.... ^^;
I also adore Niiyama Shiho ;.; RIP.
blaugh blaugh no not really blaugh heart
Lina Inverse from Slayers is one by the same voice actress as Deedlit from Record of Loddoss War. whee
watching the anime is good enough for me!!!
i dont see enough anime often enough to compare voices sweatdrop (i mostly read manga) but i have compared voices to americain cartoons, like on nickelodeon, cartoon network and animated movies like disney. about every different cartoon i see is another voice ive heard somewhere else biggrin

.............yes i know i watch too much cartoons............
all the time...
Hmm... every now and then I might, but usually I don't. I just watch the anime and get drawn into its world.
Yeah, I do that a lot. I compare anime voices to video games sometimes...hey, did you know that Wiseman from the .hack video games is also the voice of Shishio from Rurouni Kenshin? And Terajima Ryoko is also the voice of Sakuya from Tenchi in Tokyo....! And Kite is also the voice of that guy in Chobits...the persocom maker guy... sweatdrop Forgot his name...
ofcourse I compare voices! any otaku should!!
japanese is better because thats what the characters were originated with!! they didn't just say "crap, we gotta hurry up and pick some ole joe off the street to dub over these voices" like the americans would! BAKA!! (americans) ~_~
how ever thank you very much--to the companies that actually try very hard to mimic the japanese voices, or, even pick better ones!

the absolute BEST dubbing I've ever heard is Those Who Hunt Elves! Junpei!! Ritsko & Miss Aery!!!! they sound pretty damn good biggrin the japanese voices actually kinna sucked!
yes and it gets irratating.....

8,800 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
I do that with both Japanese and american voice actors.
I don't care what people say, the English version of anime is usually funnier and you don't have to worry about the damned subtitles. Anyone ever watch Lupin III in Japanese? Oh my god, it sucks so much. It's not funny. The English version has a lot of jokes in there that match the situation quite well, like Jigen's "This isn't a boat, it's friggin' Las Vegas with seaguls." And all of the other animes have their moments in the English version too. I don't see the problem with English at all. It's a little off subject though...
For some reason I think it's so fun to do, I would sit there watching an Anime and once I hear the voice I would sit there for a while going, "I know that voice! I know that voice! What other anime!? What other anime!?" xd It's so weird! I get excited over something so silly.

With Japanese: Fushigi Yuugi to Gundam Wing to Gravitation
With English: Slayers to Pokemon

xd
whoa.. um for a minute there you had me kind of confused on that poll question.. i think you left out some words or something..

i compare american voices to one another because to me they all sound so simliar that it drives me insane.. i hate dubbed anime.. i wish it would just leave me alone.. i find that japanese subtitled anime is much better for me because most of the time the voices are more diverse and make better sense with the character... that's just my opinion..
I watch cartoons all the time, so i do that with both japanese and american animation. I actually named Kite from .hack Koushiro, because that voice actor was the same one who did Izzy Izumi from Digimon Adventure, and the Japanese name of that character is Koushiro Izumi.

One thing i've noticed with American voice actors, is that i think Digimon was sort of a reunion for the voice actors of Cowboy Bebop. Ed was Rika from Tamers, for example. I just noticed a lot of voices were similar.

It's a lot of fun for me. I love being able to find who those characters have done before.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff