Welcome to Gaia! ::

Generous Fatcat

24,325 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
  • Dressed Up 200
It's out of print so that's probably why it's so much. Have you ever payed an outrageous ammount for anime?

Questionable Hero

24,325 Points
  • Healer 50
  • 20 Wins 100
  • Hunter 50
I paid about $90 for all of TTGL (Japanese Audio Only + Yellow English Subtitles) way back.
Never doing that again, of course. Now I just buy boxsets for around $20-30.

Eloquent Humorist

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
It's not really THAT expensive.

But yeah, I paid 100 dollars for the first 35 episodes of Cardcaptor Sakura about eight years ago.

Generous Fatcat

24,325 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Dont_Fear_the_Reefer

But yeah, I paid 100 dollars for the first 35 episodes of Cardcaptor Sakura about eight years ago.

I shop at Robert's Anime Corner and some of their stuff is expensive especially if it's out of print.

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
I spent slightly over MSRP on Utena before it was license salvaged by Nozomi. for the price it was going at the time it was a steal, but it was still far more expensive than what I'd usually pay for anime.

Salty Gawker

If you're including accumulated amounts. Then I have spent 500+$ on gunpla and games of Gundam.

Dapper Ladykiller

Not worth it.

I did spend $90 on Madoka. Worth it.

Golden Spark

Nope. But figures on the other hand...

Versatile Lunatic

Nope and probably never will

Beloved Shapeshifter

Perhaps if you break down individual cost of the discs that I bought new, I spent about $210 on Chobits alone. That wasn't all at once, but when they were released individually, that was the damage over the course of one year. But doing that for a box set? Nope and there's no way in hell that I'd do that.

Conservative Genius

I don't think I've ever spent more than $50 for a box set. Okay...well....$80 just now for both parts of Steins;Gate even though the second half won't release until like...January
If I just had the money and could justify the cost of it though, I'd wind up spending about $300-$350 or so for Gundam Unicorn on Blu-ray.
I'm not going to do it but if I did...then yeah.

Interesting Conversationalist

6,500 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Dont_Fear_the_Reefer

That is not even worth it for that price. I have the original boxset and its still sealed. Got it like around $75 when it came out and now its worth over $200 or more. That is not even the original Platinum boxset. The original is way better and I got it signed by Matt Greenfield and the DVD boxes. Now I just need the voices actors to sign the boxes in which their character is on. I also have vol. 9 of the Neon Genesis Evangelion manga which is super rare now. You can find it online from $100 to $300. I should have bought all the books that Borders had.
I got bought a boxset of it for a little under this, but without the films.
I was like, couldn't I have had the moneyeyyyyy? lul

Lonely Regular

13,800 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Junior 100
Herp derp duckie
Nope. But figures on the other hand...
User Image
"To the one I love..

Fukcing this ^

..prepare to die."