Welcome to Gaia! ::

MooMooJuice
Great to hear from you guys!

I think closing/merging forums is a great idea. Most people just post in the main forum anyway, and subforums are often ignored. I think you should add the non-anime subforums to that list as well. We already have Homestuck topics floating around the main page. Why not just everything?

I think what the rules say about 'non-anime' threads could be changed a bit. I don't think "what do you think about [show]?" and topics like it are spam, because responders will show reason with their choices in such topics, and people enjoy seeing others opinions and responding to them.
Same with "Does anyone remember [show]?". Because people will reminisce and talk about what they liked/didn't like so on and so forth..

There will always be people who make one-line responses. Maybe you should be looking closer at the individuals and not always the topic itself?

I like the idea of a 'What's this series?" sticky.

Why not just make a recommendation subforum?

Yup

Cutie-Pie

15,250 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
The rules need a bit of an update, as they still list the cosplay sub-forum as the cosplay/convention sub-forum. As convention threads do not appear to belong in that forum anymore, it might be good to change it.

Also, it might be good to update and add that webcomics don’t go in the forum and link to where they do belong.
Save Teen Titans Season Six rofl

Sex Symbol

14,650 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Conventioneer 300
So As I Pray
Morbid Gnome
So As I Pray
Morbid Gnome
ArtisanEX
any new updates? sweatdrop
Nope. We're super short on mods and have a lot of higher-priority things on our plates to deal with. This is still something we want to see through, but I can't really say when it will happen.

Ah yes, such higher priorities like "Flynn's Booty and Chest are back for a limited time!"

Not that I'm blaming you on that, mind you. It just seems to be the priority of the site in general at this point, which is really a shame.
We really have nothing to do with marketing and marketing has nothing to do with why the AMC reorg is sitting on back burner. sweatdrop

No, but resources could be moved around a bit to help deal with some issues, such as the mod shortages.

And honestly the mod shortage doesn't seem like it's anything new, it's been a problem for a while, hasn't it? For a while it seemed like we'd have maybe a forum assistant or two (in semi-rare cases) online, and you're the first actual moderator I've seen being even remotely active in a while.
There aren't any resources to shuffle. The only people in the office who are trained to moderate are already working on modwork and other customer service issues. Our low numbers have been an issue for a while, and it's something we're going to work on soon, but there's no immediate solution to the problem.

Kawaii Senshi

Morbid Gnome
So As I Pray
Morbid Gnome
ArtisanEX
Nope. We're super short on mods and have a lot of higher-priority things on our plates to deal with. This is still something we want to see through, but I can't really say when it will happen.

Ah yes, such higher priorities like "Flynn's Booty and Chest are back for a limited time!"

Not that I'm blaming you on that, mind you. It just seems to be the priority of the site in general at this point, which is really a shame.
We really have nothing to do with marketing and marketing has nothing to do with why the AMC reorg is sitting on back burner. sweatdrop

No, but resources could be moved around a bit to help deal with some issues, such as the mod shortages.

And honestly the mod shortage doesn't seem like it's anything new, it's been a problem for a while, hasn't it? For a while it seemed like we'd have maybe a forum assistant or two (in semi-rare cases) online, and you're the first actual moderator I've seen being even remotely active in a while.

Sex Symbol

14,650 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
So As I Pray
Morbid Gnome
ArtisanEX

Kawaii Senshi

Morbid Gnome
ArtisanEX

Sex Symbol

14,650 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
ArtisanEX

Angelic Bunny

29,200 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Winged 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
Sunny Sanity

I respect the dedication. Keep up the good work. Were you here in the AMC before, or are you a new forum assistant?

Sorry, I really should turn on quote notifications.-lol-

I am new...ish. I Started as an FA back in July, and then came on as an FA for the AMC back in...September? I am pretty Sure it was September, first week of October at the latest. I still read every thread that is posted every day, so, pass the word, I do move the misplaced ones. I also DO report the ones posting stuff like "This thread goes here" or "that's against forum rules."

I can't state it enough, that one thing makes our job here way more difficult than it need be.

Gracious Tycoon

Ridley Starsmore
Ok, I gotta ask you guys...please don't post in misplaced threads.

That includes password phishing ones, spam ones, ones asking any of the following things...

"Non-topic" Anime Threads: All "non-topic" threads will be moved to the either the Chatterbox or Recycle Bin as spam. "Non-topic" threads are threads whose first post basically consists of:

"Has anyone seen/read <show/comic>?"
"Does anyone like <show/comic/character>?"
"What do you think of <show/comic>?"
"I love/hate <show/comic/character>"
"Does anyone remember <show>?"
"Is anyone watching/reading <show/comic>?"
"What show/character is this?"
"What show is <character> from?"
"Recommend me an anime"
similar one line response topics

If it can be answered in a poll, it probably isn't appropriate for AMC.

"Ban Anime Petition" Threads: There have been threads where people are linking to petitions to either ban anime or save anime from being banned. These petitions are a hoax! In no way is anime going to be banned. These threads usually create panic, anger, and can also cause a flame war. If these threads are created in AMC they will either be moved to the Recycle Bin or even deleted, so please do not make these types of threads.

"Anime Definition" Threads: There have been threads wherein users attempt to define the word "anime" in various ways. These threads are arguing semantics in order to upset the other half of the fanbase. Along the same lines, "Is <show> anime?" and "<show> is anime" are not appropriate for AMC. If you can find the show here, then it is considered a Japanese cartoon. If you can not, then it is not considered a Japanese cartoon. All threads on these topics will be removed from the forum.

Versus Threads: Versus threads are not allowed in AMC Main as well as the Anime Series & Movies, TV Anime and Manga subforums. This decision was made after thoroughly discussing a number of factors. These factors include, but are not limited to, the fact that a growing number of versus threads were veiled attempts at trolling, the increasing number of reports concerning abuse coming from within these threads (even in the non-borderline trolling cases) and also the declining effort put into creating and replying to these threads. Multiple solutions were considered when coming to this decision, but as none of them proved feasible, the decision to ban versus threads from most of AMC was reached.

Spoof Thread Titles: Spoofed thread titles are not allowed in AMC. All threads using "spoofed titles" will be removed from the forum as either trolling or spam.

Also, don't tell folks they broke the forum rules, they will find out soon enough. Help out the mod staff by reporting and moving on. Not to mention, telling a person such in these threads is taken as spamming off topic and is reportable. Save yourselves the headache.

Lastly, I do read all of the threads that come in new each day. All of them. So if you think it is misplaced, don't worry. I will see it. As will any of the other FAs and Mods for the forum. Just give us some time, we are people too.-nods- Just Report and move on.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I respect the dedication. Keep up the good work. Were you here in the AMC before, or are you a new forum assistant?

Angelic Bunny

29,200 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Winged 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
Ok, I gotta ask you guys...please don't post in misplaced threads.

That includes password phishing ones, spam ones, ones asking any of the following things...

"Non-topic" Anime Threads: All "non-topic" threads will be moved to the either the Chatterbox or Recycle Bin as spam. "Non-topic" threads are threads whose first post basically consists of:

"Has anyone seen/read <show/comic>?"
"Does anyone like <show/comic/character>?"
"What do you think of <show/comic>?"
"I love/hate <show/comic/character>"
"Does anyone remember <show>?"
"Is anyone watching/reading <show/comic>?"
"What show/character is this?"
"What show is <character> from?"
"Recommend me an anime"
similar one line response topics

If it can be answered in a poll, it probably isn't appropriate for AMC.

"Ban Anime Petition" Threads: There have been threads where people are linking to petitions to either ban anime or save anime from being banned. These petitions are a hoax! In no way is anime going to be banned. These threads usually create panic, anger, and can also cause a flame war. If these threads are created in AMC they will either be moved to the Recycle Bin or even deleted, so please do not make these types of threads.

"Anime Definition" Threads: There have been threads wherein users attempt to define the word "anime" in various ways. These threads are arguing semantics in order to upset the other half of the fanbase. Along the same lines, "Is <show> anime?" and "<show> is anime" are not appropriate for AMC. If you can find the show here, then it is considered a Japanese cartoon. If you can not, then it is not considered a Japanese cartoon. All threads on these topics will be removed from the forum.

Versus Threads: Versus threads are not allowed in AMC Main as well as the Anime Series & Movies, TV Anime and Manga subforums. This decision was made after thoroughly discussing a number of factors. These factors include, but are not limited to, the fact that a growing number of versus threads were veiled attempts at trolling, the increasing number of reports concerning abuse coming from within these threads (even in the non-borderline trolling cases) and also the declining effort put into creating and replying to these threads. Multiple solutions were considered when coming to this decision, but as none of them proved feasible, the decision to ban versus threads from most of AMC was reached.

Spoof Thread Titles: Spoofed thread titles are not allowed in AMC. All threads using "spoofed titles" will be removed from the forum as either trolling or spam.

Also, don't tell folks they broke the forum rules, they will find out soon enough. Help out the mod staff by reporting and moving on. Not to mention, telling a person such in these threads is taken as spamming off topic and is reportable. Save yourselves the headache.

Lastly, I do read all of the threads that come in new each day. All of them. So if you think it is misplaced, don't worry. I will see it. As will any of the other FAs and Mods for the forum. Just give us some time, we are people too.-nods- Just Report and move on.

Cutie-Pie

15,250 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
Ridley Starsmore
Tsuki_Kirkland
Ridley Starsmore

Thank you Ridley , you rock. I will keep that in mind.

OK, an update:

Today...I took on responsibility for the Manga subforum, Comics Discussion forum and Naruto Forum.

So yes, today, there was a HUGE amount of threads moved out of all three of those forums.

One...nothing personal to those I moved. Just doing the job.

Two..Hopefully, that helps keep worthwhile threads up in some of those forums.

Four...no, wait, three, Remember folks, it is better to report and move on, than to post and make more issues.

Mostly because lower post counts stand out more.

Anyway, just wanted to say, went through those forums and now they are cleaner. Go have fun! heart

Ridley thank you so much for keeping us all updated on what’s going on. Also thank you for taking care of those forums.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff