Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Elder

Tsuki_Kirkland

*Remove the pokemon sub-forum: People there mostly just talk about the game, it’d be better suited under the gaming forum as a sub-forum there.

The Pokemon subforum actually is a gaming forum subforum. It's there to speak about the games and anime in general.
If you see, it's destination is actually Gaia Forums » Entertainment » Gaming Discussion » Pokémon.

Cutie-Pie

15,450 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
Singular Thong
Tsuki_Kirkland

*Remove the pokemon sub-forum: People there mostly just talk about the game, it’d be better suited under the gaming forum as a sub-forum there.

The Pokemon subforum actually is a gaming forum subforum. It's there to speak about the games and anime in general.
If you see, it's destination is actually Gaia Forums » Entertainment » Gaming Discussion » Pokémon.

well its part of the sub-forums here but as no one’s talking about the show it really doesn’t need to be a sub-forum here.

Fashionable Elder

Tsuki_Kirkland
Singular Thong
Tsuki_Kirkland

well its part of the sub-forums here but as no one’s talking about the show it really doesn’t need to be a sub-forum here.

But it technically isn't. It's pretty much just a link that redirects you to the Pokemon subforum in the Gaming forum. The Pokemon subforum is there for the general series, so someone might want to talk about the anime there.

Cutie-Pie

15,450 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Partygoer 500
Singular Thong

Might but they don’t , so there’s no point in keeping it here if they’re not talking about the show. the AMC forum is cluttered with sub-forums , they should only keep what’s really needed and as they’re not talking about the show its not needed here.
mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen
Anime is awesome ^^

Dangerous Visionary

Uncle Kenny

The Gaia Administration Team

Can we maybe get an update on trying to add something for all these recommendation threads? As its getting pretty bad around here.

Cutie-Pie

15,450 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Partygoer 500
Miss-dark8607
Uncle Kenny

Can we maybe get an update on trying to add something for all these recommendation threads? As its getting pretty bad around here.

I could swear I asked about that in the ATA one time and they said something about they will do something about it..

Dangerous Visionary

Tsuki_Kirkland
Miss-dark8607
Uncle Kenny

I could swear I asked about that in the ATA one time and they said something about they will do something about it..

As well as the overall lack of mod activity as of late. LOL @ all the forums in which mod activity was to increase but it decreased instead. emotion_awesome Seriously, I see topics that I reported DAYS and DAYS ago still here. Both yeah we need this recommendation, surveys/HW help threads, and more mod activity on this forum like yesterday.

Cutie-Pie

15,450 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Partygoer 500
Miss-dark8607
Tsuki_Kirkland
Miss-dark8607
Uncle Kenny

As well as the overall lack of mod activity as of late. LOL @ all the forums in which mod activity was to increase but it decreased instead. emotion_awesome Seriously, I see topics that I reported DAYS and DAYS ago still here. Both yeah we need this recommendation, surveys/HW help threads, and more mod activity on this forum like yesterday.

I used to notice that too, but lately it seemed like the ones I report get moved quickly . I agree we do the recommendation sub-forum to get rid of those threads since no one will read the rules about how they’re not allowed.
I like the idea of merging the TV Anime subforum with the anime series/movies subforum. I never understood the point of differentiating the subforum by virtue of what had been licensed and aired on US television or not. That, and with the dearth of anime aired on TV these days (and the abundance of simulcasting, streaming, and Netflix) also make that a moot definition.

The creation of recommendation stickies and identification stickies are also good ideas, in my opinion. A lot of the cruft on the A/M/C/ is largely composed of "Wut anime is dis?" or "Just finished Schoolgirl Milky Crisis, what now?".

Regardless of whether or not new mods are brought on, something has to be done concerning the issue of redundant threads. Right now, there are two Fairy Tale threads and two Sword Art Online threads--and this problem dates back to when I started using Gaia, back in '06. (I wouldn't be surprised if it predates my arrival, either.) The rules state that users should pay attention to the threads that already exist--if they fail to do so, janitors should clean it up. Doing so might help users learn that they don't need another thread for show X when there is already one lying around. Same thing with the "Remember [x] moment?!" threads--nobody seems to remember we already have stickies for those themes.

I'd also recommend a new name for the dedicated Western Comics subforum. "Comics Discussion" sounds a little too stiff.

Cutie-Pie

15,450 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Partygoer 500
Tuxedo Mask (Levitz9)
I like the idea of merging the TV Anime subforum with the anime series/movies subforum. I never understood the point of differentiating the subforum by virtue of what had been licensed and aired on US television or not. That, and with the dearth of anime aired on TV these days (and the abundance of simulcasting, streaming, and Netflix) also make that a moot definition.

The creation of recommendation stickies and identification stickies are also good ideas, in my opinion. A lot of the cruft on the A/M/C/ is largely composed of "Wut anime is dis?" or "Just finished Schoolgirl Milky Crisis, what now?".

Regardless of whether or not new mods are brought on, something has to be done concerning the issue of redundant threads. Right now, there are two Fairy Tale threads and two Sword Art Online threads--and this problem dates back to when I started using Gaia, back in '06. (I wouldn't be surprised if it predates my arrival, either.) The rules state that users should pay attention to the threads that already exist--if they fail to do so, janitors should clean it up. Doing so might help users learn that they don't need another thread for show X when there is already one lying around. Same thing with the "Remember [x] moment?!" threads--nobody seems to remember we already have stickies for those themes.

I'd also recommend a new name for the dedicated Western Comics subforum. "Comics Discussion" sounds a little too stiff.

There’s noting about repeat threads in the AMC forum rules. If you see something against the rules though report it , it helps. I l am not sure about your idea for changing the comics forum name, comics discussion is pretty straightforward to what it is . what would you change it to.
Having checked the R&G, I can see you're right. I must have confused A/M/C's rules with ANN's forum rules. I still think we should include an open policy against duplicate threads. There's no need for three SAO threads when one works just fine. That's three spots on the front forum page that other, more relevant (?) threads can occupy.

Great, now I have "#OccupyA/M/CFrontPage" as an idea.

I'd change "Comics Discussion" to "Western Comics" or "Sequential Art". Or, at least, just remove the word "Discussion", on the count of this being a forum where the point is to discuss things. It'd be like calling Old Spice "Old Spice Deoderant Because The Person Using This Doesn't Want to Stink".

Cutie-Pie

15,450 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Partygoer 500
Tuxedo Mask (Levitz9)
Having checked the R&G, I can see you're right. I must have confused A/M/C's rules with ANN's forum rules. I still think we should include an open policy against duplicate threads. There's no need for three SAO threads when one works just fine. That's three spots on the front forum page that other, more relevant (?) threads can occupy.

Great, now I have "#OccupyA/M/CFrontPage" as an idea.

I'd change "Comics Discussion" to "Western Comics" or "Sequential Art". Or, at least, just remove the word "Discussion", on the count of this being a forum where the point is to discuss things. It'd be like calling Old Spice "Old Spice Deoderant Because The Person Using This Doesn't Want to Stink".

I have to disagree with that, there can be three threads because each thread may be talking about something different. I’d look at the AMC forum rule on official thread as that kind of relates to this.

Hmmm, Western comics may work, but I still think Comics discussion is the best. There’s nothing wrong with it being straightforward so people don’t put the wrong type of threads in there. I don’t really think it is the same, it says more of this is the place to discuss comics with that type of name.

Salty Bilge rat

10,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
How about some ******** leniency. Because everytime I want to lay something new and interesting that involves Anime. It's gets boxed, or worse, binned. Why, because it's not paragraph heavy now or it doesn't too much question.

Also work out on prioritizing on binning recommendation, where what is this from, role playing, guild endorsent, and is my avi like animu,Kind of threads.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff