Cheery Cutie-Pie

14,950 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
sinfully_cute
Tsuki_Kirkland
Mitsuki the ninja
First off, don't automatically move things to the chatterbox.

Move topics about games to gaming, move topics about roleplaying to Barton Town, move topics about Vocaloid or Japanese music to international music, and move forum games to word games and others.

The problem though is that they may not fit into the rules of that forum either, so the chatterbox is the only place they may fit into .

I would like to see less on-topic threads moved. Even if the first post post looks short and impulsive, if there's actual discussion going on it doesn't need to be moved. It's not wasting space if it's legitimately being used. If something must be done, then just send a friendly reminder to the OP that their topic could be considered spam.

...I just felt like commenting because I glanced over my post history, and you'd think the recycle bin was my favorite forum. xp

As long as they follow the rules they won’t be moved, even if they’re on topic. Most of the threads moved probably have broken the rules despite being on topic. I don’t see a need for a warning about a thread being spam , as it wold be more work for the already stretched thin mods. Perhaps an announcement or something about reading the rules , but a friendy reminder to every user who has a possible spam thread would take too much time away from what they need to be doing.

Dapper Ladykiller

Tsuki_Kirkland
sinfully_cute
Tsuki_Kirkland
Mitsuki the ninja
First off, don't automatically move things to the chatterbox.

Move topics about games to gaming, move topics about roleplaying to Barton Town, move topics about Vocaloid or Japanese music to international music, and move forum games to word games and others.

The problem though is that they may not fit into the rules of that forum either, so the chatterbox is the only place they may fit into .

I would like to see less on-topic threads moved. Even if the first post post looks short and impulsive, if there's actual discussion going on it doesn't need to be moved. It's not wasting space if it's legitimately being used. If something must be done, then just send a friendly reminder to the OP that their topic could be considered spam.

...I just felt like commenting because I glanced over my post history, and you'd think the recycle bin was my favorite forum. xp

As long as they follow the rules they won’t be moved, even if they’re on topic. Most of the threads moved probably have broken the rules despite being on topic. I don’t see a need for a warning about a thread being spam , as it wold be more work for the already stretched thin mods. Perhaps an announcement or something about reading the rules , but a friendy reminder to every user who has a possible spam thread would take too much time away from what they need to be doing.

I've seen on-topic threads moved more than once because the original post only has a line or two. I agree that all users should read the rules. It doesn't mean it's happening.

I understand the mods are time-pressed. But automatically sweeping up threads without looking over them isn't the answer. And no, I don't actually think babying people would be more effective either. The most effective answer would be reading through the thread before moving it.

Cheery Cutie-Pie

14,950 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Partygoer 500
sinfully_cute

That is something I can agree to , reading through it wouldn’t take that long.They could certainly do that.

Dapper Ladykiller

There seems to be enough threads about Hetalia to warrant a subforum for that madness.

Cheery Cutie-Pie

14,950 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Partygoer 500
sinfully_cute
There seems to be enough threads about Hetalia to warrant a subforum for that madness.

I only see two, that’s not enough to warrant a sub-forum

Dapper Ladykiller

Tsuki_Kirkland
sinfully_cute

Because the rest got chatterboxed.

No... you're right. I'm just tired of seeing those threads because they attract the worst kind of idiots. And I always click on them in a train-wreck reaction.

Okay, I'll try to stop clicking them. But I can't make any promises, because they're just like those tabloids at the grocery store you can't help but stare at.

Cheery Cutie-Pie

14,950 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Partygoer 500
sinfully_cute
Tsuki_Kirkland
sinfully_cute

No... you're right. I'm just tired of seeing those threads because they attract the worst kind of idiots. And I always click on them in a train-wreck reaction.

Okay, I'll try to stop clicking them. But I can't make any promises, because they're just like those tabloids at the grocery store you can't help but stare at.

I haven’ t seen any others, just those two. Unless there’s a while bunch then there’s no need. That’ s the only reason Naruto got one..because the users were making threads everywhere about the show and there were tons of threads. I didn’t say anything about stop clicking them .

Dapper Ladykiller

Tsuki_Kirkland
sinfully_cute
Tsuki_Kirkland
sinfully_cute

No... you're right
. I'm just tired of seeing those threads because they attract the worst kind of idiots. And I always click on them in a train-wreck reaction.

I haven’ t seen any others, just those two. Unless there’s a while bunch then there’s no need. That’ s the only reason Naruto got one..because the users were making threads everywhere about the show and there were tons of threads. I didn’t say anything about stop clicking them .

You know I just agreed with you, right?

Cheery Cutie-Pie

14,950 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Partygoer 500
sinfully_cute
Tsuki_Kirkland
sinfully_cute
Tsuki_Kirkland
sinfully_cute

No... you're right
. I'm just tired of seeing those threads because they attract the worst kind of idiots. And I always click on them in a train-wreck reaction.

yeah. sorry brain went poof .. its been a long day.

Dapper Ladykiller

Tsuki_Kirkland
sinfully_cute
Tsuki_Kirkland
sinfully_cute
Tsuki_Kirkland
sinfully_cute

No... you're right

yeah. sorry brain went poof .. its been a long day.

It's all good. heart

Greedy Capitalist

7,450 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Generous 100
"Third, we have the option of closing TV Anime, Anime Series & Movies, and Manga and again, just making the main forum the centralized place to discussion both anime and manga topics." I support the third option.

Creating a recommend anime sticky would be awesome. I would totally volunteer to make it. Creating a "What is this anime/manga" is also awesome. I am PRO-sticky out the wazoo. Stickies make everything better. It also makes it easier to move repeat threads in the recycle bin.

The forum rules I think should allow a more casual environment for talking about anime/manga/cartoons.

As for mod presence, the most common issue is just misplaced threads that either go into the CB, or the recycle bin. Lowering the standards for discussion would lessen the need for more mod presence.

Profitable Lover

Create a clause about webcomics either belonging here or make a webcomic specific subforum.

Lumping all webcomic discussion into Comic Creators is asinine. We are not talking about creating them, nor are we talking with the creators about them. We are merely discussing comics.

Eloquent Elocutionist

So As I Pray
Create a clause about webcomics either belonging here or make a webcomic specific subforum.

Lumping all webcomic discussion into Comic Creators is asinine. We are not talking about creating them, nor are we talking with the creators about them. We are merely discussing comics.

I cannot agree more.

Cheery Cutie-Pie

14,950 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Partygoer 500
So As I Pray

I think having a webcomic specific sub-forrum would be best. However there’d need to be a something reminding people they cannot link to the webcomics which are outside of Gaia.
sinfully_cute
Yokosumi

• Make an “Assistance” subforum, where users can request/recommend titles, source images/descriptions and explain franchise related terminology (etc).

This is one of the best ideas so far. Along with expanding the manga subforum to include visual and light novels. heart

This. I would love to be able to discuss VNs.

And maybe making a subforum for the current big three shonen titles, and merge everything else besides manga?

I believe there also needs to be some way to deal with the massive amount of recommendation threads. Even making them plain against the rules and warning/banning people would be okay with me.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games