Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Visionary

Jackie-senpai
Shintouyu
Leader of the Penguins
okay I think the overuse of subforums being pushed as hot topics and then linking them here as well is a prime example on why we need to get rid of/merge/ do something about all these subforums.
At first I was like How bad can this be?, but then I was like Holy s**t we got a bunch.

Seriously need a minimize button for it.

You should go look at the entertainment discussion forum. You actually have to scroll down quite a bit to even see the forum part.

Personally I wish there was a way to make entire subforums invisible. I have no need to ever ever ever ever ever go into the pony one. I'm around two bronys enough as it is.

DO want. I have the CD, Korra, and a few other subforums bookmarked and in my quick link thing. So I don't really need to view all the all the time. Also yeah totally agreeing with the ED forum HOLY s**t SNACKS! emotion_donotwant

Invisible Genius

4,950 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Tsuki_Kirkland
I have to disagree, I believe the stickies do work. You rarely see any threads that are sticky related other than the recommendation threads.

However, I think an assistance forum would be nice. Perhaps we should have one for Voice Actors for those who want to discuss voice actors.
The Love that Lasts the Longest...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Say something new!
I have nothing left...
I can't face the DARK without you!

The only reason you don't see topics is because mods kill them on sight.

No one actually uses the stickies, and all they do is give a reason for mods to kill discussion, which frankly, is stupid and a reason why those stickies need to be sent to forum hell.

There's nothing left to lose..!
The fight never ends!!

...Is the One that can never be.

Cheery Cutie-Pie

15,050 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
Airship Canon
/quote]

and that’s bad how ? Its good that the mods are taking care of those topics so quickly, and if no one is using them perhaps the stickies need a slight adjustment.

Its the users fault i they make a topic already covered in a sticky , and the mods are not killing any discussion. and the stickies do help keep the forum from having tons of repeat threads on the same topic.

Romantic Lover

12,650 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Miss-dark8607
Anasui
User Image
ỳoύя jύsτ αs soƒτ αs α ℓíoи ταмe∂
ỳoύя jύsτ αs ωєτ αs τhє єvєиíиg яαíи

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

The stickies are not going to work for one main reason:

Nobody ever uses them. Everything else is actually a nice idea, but the stickies we have are rarely even used.

ỳoύя ℓovє ís ∂яívíиg мє…
ỳoύя ∂яívíиg мє íиsαиє

User Image

You leave the comic discussion out of this kay thanks. They actually tried getting rid of it once and we western comic readers had a fit. I for one don't wish to relive that.
User Image
ỳoύя jύsτ αs soƒτ αs α ℓíoи ταмe∂
ỳoύя jύsτ αs ωєτ αs τhє єvєиíиg яαíи

I've been a reg for the AMC for over a year. And what I am stating is true. Adding an other sticky isn't going to help anything. It's going to just get ignored like the others.

ỳoύя ℓovє ís ∂яívíиg мє…
ỳoύя ∂яívíиg мє íиsαиє

User Image

Dangerous Visionary

Anasui

I've been a reg for the AMC for over a year. And what I am stating is true. Adding an other sticky isn't going to help anything. It's going to just get ignored like the others.

ỳoύя ℓovє ís ∂яívíиg мє…
ỳoύя ∂яívíиg мє íиsαиє

User Image

But I'm talking about the comic discussion forum. emotion_eyebrow

Invisible Genius

4,950 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Tsuki_Kirkland
Airship Canon
/quote]

and that’s bad how ? Its good that the mods are taking care of those topics so quickly, and if no one is using them perhaps the stickies need a slight adjustment.

Its the users fault i they make a topic already covered in a sticky , and the mods are not killing any discussion. and the stickies do help keep the forum from having tons of repeat threads on the same topic.
The Love that Lasts the Longest...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Say something new!
I have nothing left...

The problem then lies when you *want* to discuss things covered in the stickies- you simply *can't*: if you try to use the sticky, you'll get nowhere- no one else is (and furthermore, said stickies are *PILES* of lists-- they're archaic, bad, and they lump things together, rendering use pointless and difficult). If you don't, the mods don't care, they delete or chatterbox your topic. Good luck accomplishing anything.

The basic idea for a sticky would be to contain/control discussion, not stifle it, and that's what the current stickies do oh so well- in short, yes they do "kill" discussion.

I still say, send the current stickies to forum hell so we can get some breathing room.
And no, don't rewrite them- that'd entail creating like 50 stickies so they're not archaic lumps. Just slay them and let it flow.
There's nothing left to lose..!
The fight never ends!!

...Is the One that can never be.

Cheery Cutie-Pie

15,050 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Partygoer 500
Airship Cano
16vxuldv:0="Airship Canon”]

Again then why not change the stickies, they can remove some of the topics and make it so people can make threads about those so long as they provide discussion and leave the others like favorite anime /first anime/ favorite character in the sticky. Then they’d no longer be “stifling “ discussion as you so claim/

And sending the stickies to “forum hell “ as you put it would just lead to disaster.

Beloved Lunatic

7,800 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
First off, don't automatically move things to the chatterbox.

Move topics about games to gaming, move topics about roleplaying to Barton Town, move topics about Vocaloid or Japanese music to international music, and move forum games to word games and others.

Shirtless Lunatic

One thought: Webcomic Subforum.

Webcomics have been increasing in popularity lately. If I were to go and create a thread about a certain webcomic, I would be at a loss at where to place it since it really doesn't fit to any of the preset sub/forurms.

If that doesn't work, then integrating it into an already existing forum to keep down the amount that already exist.

Eloquent Elocutionist

Executer Amy

Webcomics have been increasing in popularity lately. If I were to go and create a thread about a certain webcomic, I would be at a loss at where to place it since it really doesn't fit to any of the preset sub/forurms.

If that doesn't work, then integrating it into an already existing forum to keep down the amount that already exist.

Supposedly threads discussing webcomics are supposed to go into the comic creators subforum but to me that doesn't really make sense if you're not actually creating it.

Shirtless Lunatic

Jackie-senpai
Executer Amy

Supposedly threads discussing webcomics are supposed to go into the comic creators subforum but to me that doesn't really make sense if you're not actually creating it.

Is it now? I never knew. The title seems rather misleading.

Eloquent Elocutionist

Executer Amy
Jackie-senpai
Executer Amy

Is it now? I never knew. The title seems rather misleading.

Actually most of the forum is used for what it sounds like, but whenever someone asks a moderator where discussions on Webcomics go, its always there. Even though it makes no sense to discuss them in a forum thats mainly used for people who create their own webcomics.

I basically agree with you though. I think they've become a big enough thing that they really do deserve their own subforum.

Cheery Cutie-Pie

15,050 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Partygoer 500
Mitsuki the ninja

Move topics about games to gaming, move topics about roleplaying to Barton Town, move topics about Vocaloid or Japanese music to international music, and move forum games to word games and others.

The problem though is that they may not fit into the rules of that forum either, so the chatterbox is the only place they may fit into .

Dapper Ladykiller

Tsuki_Kirkland
Mitsuki the ninja

The problem though is that they may not fit into the rules of that forum either, so the chatterbox is the only place they may fit into .

I would like to see less on-topic threads moved. Even if the first post post looks short and impulsive, if there's actual discussion going on it doesn't need to be moved. It's not wasting space if it's legitimately being used. If something must be done, then just send a friendly reminder to the OP that their topic could be considered spam.

...I just felt like commenting because I glanced over my post history, and you'd think the recycle bin was my favorite forum. xp

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games