Welcome to Gaia! ::

So the new anime is going to be Sailor Moon crystal? Yay or nay?

eh Gold plz 0.069620253164557 7.0% [ 11 ]
YAY! 0.55063291139241 55.1% [ 87 ]
Eh 0.025316455696203 2.5% [ 4 ]
NAY 0.018987341772152 1.9% [ 3 ]
TOO MANY FEELS! 0.24050632911392 24.1% [ 38 ]
Wait there's a new Sailor Moon anime 0.063291139240506 6.3% [ 10 ]
I still don't care. 0.031645569620253 3.2% [ 5 ]
Total Votes:[ 158 ]

Dedicated Dabbler

I'd imagine there would be filler. Question is, how will this be approached? Will there be nods to the old series, the manga, PGSM, or the musicals?

Beloved Lunatic

8,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
buggsie blue
Bitter Ambrosia
buggsie blue
Bitter Ambrosia
Kawaisa Sailor Moon
User Image
"...

Happy Birthday to me! I got the 9th book in the mail today! What's all this stuff about a new translator? Also I got Minecraft so I'm having fun with that ~ ≧ヮ≦

..."
happy birthday! and i think the new translator talk is about the people who are translating the manga this time around. And minecraft is epic. i was playing that yesterday, putting off the homework that i had to do.
Kodansha comics got a new translator for volume 9 and on. Flanagan either quit or got fired.
oh dear
No worries. They brought in Mari Morimoto. She has done a very good job.
yes she has

Dedicated Dabbler

SparkNorkx
BlueRockman
I'd imagine there would be filler. Question is, how will this be approached? Will there be nods to the old series, the manga, PGSM, or the musicals?

The new anime will follow closely to the manga. Please pay attention to the conservations. neutral

It has been mentioned everyday...

I HIGHLY doubt it will be carbon copy, otherwise, it would be mostly pointless to anyone who HAS the manga.

Also, I think the actual announcement was that it would follow CLOSER to the manga.

Other than that, we have NO IDEA how CLOSELY that will be. Do I need to cite anime that follow pretty close to their manga counterparts, and STILL have filler?

And who's to say there won't be nods to other versions? Sometimes fans eat references like that up.

Also, wasn't PGSM supposed to be closer to the manga while we're at it?

Timid Sweetheart

SparkNorkx

.. I-I never doubted that the animation would be updated? That was one of the things I even got excited about when speaking to that other user. I would be crazy to think they'd continue to use old cell style animation techniques or that they'd even have the same old animation crew.

Also, what does it matter if that other user was speculating if it'd be more like the manga, anime, live-action, or PGSM? We all know it's going to be more manga-centric, but that doesn't mean word for word.

If you're going to be so quick to snub people or to jump on them to correct them, then maybe you should find a different thread to hang out in. I don't think the kind, cheery people of this thread would agree with an attitude like that. neutral

Timid Sweetheart

SparkNorkx

Quote:
There's a high chance that they're probably going to update the graphics just like any other anime.

Quote:
The new anime will follow closely to the manga. Please pay attention to the conservations. neutral

Neither of these are opinions.

These are statements. The first of which wasn't even relevant to what I said. The second one is just cutting someone off from discussing something that YOU misunderstood.

Anime blogger or not, these were not opinions and I didn't misunderstand. I'm not going to fuss over it after this post because I don't want to bicker in a thread, but I just want you to know that I don't feel that the way you presented yourself is complimentary to the usual feel of this thread.

Beloved Lunatic

8,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
Ghost Tamer
SparkNorkx

Quote:
There's a high chance that they're probably going to update the graphics just like any other anime.

Quote:

Neither of these are opinions.

These are statements. The first of which wasn't even relevant to what I said. The second one is just cutting someone off from discussing something that YOU misunderstood.

Anime blogger or not, these were not opinions and I didn't misunderstand. I'm not going to fuss over it after this post because I don't want to bicker in a thread, but I just want you to know that I don't feel that the way you presented yourself is complimentary to the usual feel of this thread.
and on a happier note, I love your avi.

5,600 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Ghost Tamer
The animation is one of the things I'm looking forward to the most! cat_biggrin I can't wait to see attacks and transformations. I realize a lot of it will still probably be stock scenes that are late reused due to just HOW MANY TIMES they transform and attack throughout the series, but I think we'll at least see some variation here and there.

I think seeing updated street clothes is going to be really interesting, too. And how filler, if there is any, will work since all of the old filler from the anime is waaaay outdated in comparison now. I wonder if they'll update things to be in 2013 or if they'll keep the retro 1990's feel?

Well the quality will definitely be there. The transformations is one of the scenes I adored as a little kid because just the amount of colour and how they transformed really awed me.

I think they might keep the 90's theme. It wouldn't be Sailor Moon if their communication brooches were replaced with smart phones or something. I'm hoping they keep the 90's theme with maybe a few hints of updates here and there. Like Naruto, it's set in the Feudal era but yet there are tweaks of technology here and there.

Timid Sweetheart

Bitter Ambrosia

Thank you so much! emotion_kirakira I just LOVE making ninja-themed avatars. I practically have a whole cast of ninjas that I'd like to switch between, but some of them are still just Tekteks or are missing just SOMETHING that I can't quite figure out.

And this isn't just a returned compliment because you complimented mine, I promise; I LOVE your avatar. It really is just so elegant! I love the dress you picked for that cosplay especially. The way it sweeps back makes me think back on the first few flashes of the princess we ever got to see in the anime~

Timid Sweetheart

Mystique Ranchan

Well the quality will definitely be there. The transformations is one of the scenes I adored as a little kid because just the amount of colour and how they transformed really awed me.

I think they might keep the 90's theme. It wouldn't be Sailor Moon if their communication brooches were replaced with smart phones or something. I'm hoping they keep the 90's theme with maybe a few hints of updates here and there. Like Naruto, it's set in the Feudal era but yet there are tweaks of technology here and there.

ninja I'm actually secretly hoping all of the tech and scenery is updated to current times. I know it's not the popular opinion, but it's just.. This weird want I have for the new redo. Like, did you ever see the original Cutie Honey and then the Re: Cutie Honey remake? It'd be kinda like that as far as tech upgrades go.

Beloved Lunatic

8,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
Ghost Tamer
Bitter Ambrosia

Thank you so much! emotion_kirakira I just LOVE making ninja-themed avatars. I practically have a whole cast of ninjas that I'd like to switch between, but some of them are still just Tekteks or are missing just SOMETHING that I can't quite figure out.

And this isn't just a returned compliment because you complimented mine, I promise; I LOVE your avatar. It really is just so elegant! I love the dress you picked for that cosplay especially. The way it sweeps back makes me think back on the first few flashes of the princess we ever got to see in the anime~
lol, it took a while to find the right dress, simply because this one hadn't come out yet. smile i love princess serenity, she's my favorite character. and, she's based off the manga serenity too, with the crown and such.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games