Welcome to Gaia! ::

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

♥ ♥ ♥
Is anyone still in denial over the "ending"??? Because I sure as heckity heck am.
WORST CANCELLATION EVER

Aged Gaian

10,075 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
Yeah cartoonnetwork tends to be dumb

Eco-friendly Sex Symbol

10,750 Points
  • Planetary Technician 150
  • Market Browser 100
  • Candy Fiend 150
Worst-timed cancellation indeed. :<
so sad it was cancelled
Lol the reason it was cancelled is even worse though. It was a shame too, since it was pretty good.
Grindthelightning
Lol the reason it was cancelled is even worse though. It was a shame too, since it was pretty good.

♥ ♥ ♥
surprised
I don't think I ever heard the ~official reason!

Cuddly Bunny

13,225 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Haldus: Victory! 100
  • Lapin Patrol Kastra: Victory! 250
  • Lapin Patrol Chad: Victory! 50
Apparently (this is what I've heard) they cancelled it because too many girls were watching the show, and not enough boys.
And they needed a bigger boy audience because only boys buy the action figures.
Yeah.
YEAH.

Wheezing Bunny

10,925 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Generous 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
Broken Sweets
Apparently (this is what I've heard) they cancelled it because too many girls were watching the show, and not enough boys.
Yeah.
YEAH.
This is the dumbest possible reason to cancel a show.
Speaking of sadly cancelled shows... MOTORCITY. *weeps*

Adult chan's Husband

Friendly Elder

Broken Sweets
Yeah.
YEAH.
I guess it's not too surprising that the Warner Bros are sexist considering how racist they use to be.
Broken Sweets
Yeah.
YEAH.
That's what I heard as well. Made me so mad. I bought a bunch of the figures thank you very much CN. B(
Wolfishly Sheepish
Broken Sweets
Yeah.
YEAH.
I guess it's not too surprising that the Warner Bros are sexist considering how racist they use to be.

Mind telling more about those incidents by chance?

Adult chan's Husband

Friendly Elder

Javier Cross
Wolfishly Sheepish
Broken Sweets
Yeah.
YEAH.

I provided a link with actual videos from Warner Bros.
Wolfishly Sheepish
Javier Cross
Wolfishly Sheepish
Broken Sweets
Yeah.
YEAH.

I provided a link with actual videos from Warner Bros.

Just making sure.

Corporatism strikes (yet) again.

We may have to set up some more independent channels but that's easier said than done without the right resources.
Animated tv series cost a lot of money to produce. Much of the funding for these productions come from merchandise sales. If no one is buying the merchandise, the funding is cut and the show is canceled. The problem with shows like Young Justice is that much of the fanbase are teens, or older, and are probably not going to buy the the toys or other products related to the show. Which means very little money is made from that fanbase. Networks also make money by selling ad space that would air during a certain show or animation block. If companies aren't seeing the sales numbers they want, they don't buy ad space, which would in turn hurt the production, and can lead to cancelation.

When it comes to daytime animated tv series, the main problem is that studio and network execs don't want to invest money and time into figuring out how to profit off of the teen and young adult fanbase. Until they do, we won't be getting a new Young Justice tv series any time soon.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff