Welcome to Gaia! ::

Captain Talavar

So yeah. Both those shows are canceled, to be replaced by a Teen Titans revival that makes it even more of a comedy than it already was without any superheroics, and a new weird CGI Batman cartoon where Kitana and a gun-toting Alfred are his sidekicks.

Because, you know, those ideas just sound fantastic. rolleyes

Actually I do think those ideas are awesome. For one thing in my opinion the 2002 Teen Titans cartoon was only good when it was a comedy. When it tried to be serous the writing fell apart, it was often boring when it tried to be serous and the plot lines always ended in horrible ways. Focusing on the strengths of Teen Titans the comedy is a smart choice. Also never was it said that there will be no superheroics in Teen titans Go.

As for Beware the Batman it interests me. I like that it's focusing on C list and unknown Batman villains. It's going to be re inventing corny golden age villains and make them dark. It's also going to give us newer Batman villains. And Anarky I have wanted Anarky animated for as long as I can remember. It's thanks to this show that it's finally happening. I do think Beware the batman sounds fantastic.

That being said I would not wish Young Justice or Green Lantern cancelled for them. To be honest I wish Cartoon Network would extend DC Nation to Two hours and give us all four shows. Thing is I do not believe in bashing shows i have not seen yet just because shows I like are being cancelled. I want every cartoon to be great because I'm a cartoon fan.

Dangerous Visionary

Creativerealms

Actually I do think those ideas are awesome. For one thing in my opinion the 2002 Teen Titans cartoon was only good when it was a comedy. When it tried to be serous the writing fell apart, it was often boring when it tried to be serous and the plot lines always ended in horrible ways. Focusing on the strengths of Teen Titans the comedy is a smart choice. Also never was it said that there will be no superheroics in Teen titans Go.

As for Beware the Batman it interests me. I like that it's focusing on C list and unknown Batman villains. It's going to be re inventing corny golden age villains and make them dark. It's also going to give us newer Batman villains. And Anarky I have wanted Anarky animated for as long as I can remember. It's thanks to this show that it's finally happening. I do think Beware the batman sounds fantastic.

That being said I would not wish Young Justice or Green Lantern cancelled for them. To be honest I wish Cartoon Network would extend DC Nation to Two hours and give us all four shows. Thing is I do not believe in bashing shows i have not seen yet just because shows I like are being cancelled. I want every cartoon to be great because I'm a cartoon fan.

Agreed. I would LOVE if they had expanded the block more. I remember in the promos they claim they would also show the movies of the DCU but I don't see how granted its ONLY one hour minus commercial breaks. I like the concept of Beware the Batman and I'm actually upset that it got delayed a bit because of the tragic events over the Summer (and this year) but I understand. It is probably time we should really think about the level of violence in ALL programming not just in children's programming. (but yeah another topic)

I'm really made though that people here and on Tumblr are starting to bash this show as well as the New Teen Titian as if it will save GL and YJ. It won't. All those people are doing is endangering two more series and then what? CN may just cancel the whole deal with DC and we will have nothing. It really unfair to all the talented cast and crew and I think people should shut up and give the new series a fair chance. It kind of like the hate campaign against Ultimate Spider-man all over again and while yes Ultimate Spider-man isn't anywhere near as good as Spectacular was, the newest Spidey series is pretty decent series on its own. (Yeah I finally watched it over Netflix)
Miss-dark8607
Creativerealms

Agreed. I would LOVE if they had expanded the block more. I remember in the promos they claim they would also show the movies of the DCU but I don't see how granted its ONLY one hour minus commercial breaks. I like the concept of Beware the Batman and I'm actually upset that it got delayed a bit because of the tragic events over the Summer (and this year) but I understand. It is probably time we should really think about the level of violence in ALL programming not just in children's programming. (but yeah another topic)

I'm really made though that people here and on Tumblr are starting to bash this show as well as the New Teen Titian as if it will save GL and YJ. It won't. All those people are doing is endangering two more series and then what? CN may just cancel the whole deal with DC and we will have nothing. It really unfair to all the talented cast and crew and I think people should shut up and give the new series a fair chance. It kind of like the hate campaign against Ultimate Spider-man all over again and while yes Ultimate Spider-man isn't anywhere near as good as Spectacular was, the newest Spidey series is pretty decent series on its own. (Yeah I finally watched it over Netflix)

What people fail to understand or conveniently forget is that Spectacular Spider-man was doomed from the start. While it was a great show it was cursed with very bad luck. The show ended up on Kids Wb three months before the block dies, that was the first in a list of unlucky things. Because of this the show had no home for season two for a while, the season aired in other parts of the world while no one knew if and when the show would air in America. By the time it was announced for Disney Xd the second season was over and the crew were already moving on to different things. By the time Ultimate Spider-man was even announced Spectacular Spider-man was already dead and probably never coming back. The Announcement of Ult was just the final nail in the coffin.

End rant. Sorry you already know that I have repeated this rant on deaf ears so many times that there is no point.

It is kind of funny that people are bashing New Teen Titans because it's "Killing" Young Justice. i remember when Young Justice was announced that Teen Titans fans were bashing it.

Dangerous Visionary

Creativerealms

End rant. Sorry you already know that I have repeated this rant on deaf ears so many times that there is no point.

It is kind of funny that people are bashing New Teen Titans because it's "Killing" Young Justice. i remember when Young Justice was announced that Teen Titans fans were bashing it.

People need to hear it though and actually understand that SOMETIMES there's a lot of factors that happens when a series is dropped or canceled. 3nodding

And the fact that the only reason why we are getting the NTT is because PEOPLE WANTED it! The shorts did well and now it getting a full blown series but now the very same people cursing it were the ones that wanted it in the first place. SMH. Same with Beware the Batman people who hated Brave and Bold were crying about how it was too kiddie and stupid now their crying because it cost them Young Justice.

Either way you really can't please everyone..

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff