Welcome to Gaia! ::

Because neither one sold enough toys, both Young Justice and Green Lantern are canceled. Perhaps they should have thought about actually putting the toys in stores and on shelves, because I haven't seen any anywhere. I saw Young Justice toys in maybe a Toy Fair or two, but never in stores, and I haven't seen any toys for the animated GL show period.

Newsflash morons: people can't buy the toys if they can't find them anyway.

So yeah. Both those shows are canceled, to be replaced by a Teen Titans revival that makes it even more of a comedy than it already was without any superheroics, and a new weird CGI Batman cartoon where Kitana and a gun-toting Alfred are his sidekicks.

Because, you know, those ideas just sound fantastic. rolleyes

I'd like to know where the new Superman cartoon is. Big new movie coming out this year, hasn't had a cartoon in a little while (there was that Legion of Superheroes show a little while back but that didn't last long at all), 75th anniversary.

Oh yeah, that's right, it's all about selling toys to Cartoon Network (make no mistake, they're the bad guys here, not DC Comics). And Superman toys don't sell like Batman toys do. Then again maybe they would sell more if there ******** actually were Superman toys.

Which there will be with the new movie, but you guys get the idea.

And you know what? I'd like to see an animated series for The Flash. Tell me he and his rogue's gallery couldn't be a hit with kids. Just you try.

Witty Humorist

That's a shame. From what I saw of Young Justice (which the superhero genre is not really my cup of tea, to each their own), I thought it was developed and more tolerable than Teen Titans was. I think it would be a bad mistake on their end to add more comedy to the revival, seeing as in my own personal opinion, the whole show lacked direction in many aspects. Couldn't really figure out what the show was trying to aim at in mixing too much altogether per episode.
Same reason they cancelled symbionic titan. EFF THEM

Aekea Explorer

12,950 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Noble Shade 100
What toys? I saw nothing that advertised Young Justice toys.
So has anyone here sent a letter as part of the campaign yet?

Heart Consumer

14,450 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Nerd 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
SisterDarkling13

I doubt any amount of begging and crying about it will help
Murasaki Alien
SisterDarkling13

I doubt any amount of begging and crying about it will help

You never know. That's why they're reviving the Teen Titans in a new show in the first place (even if it's in a way I really don't agree with). Not to mention other shows have been revived after fan protest. Family Guy comes to mind, and AMC's The Killing is coming back too after a little bit of outcry.

I'm not necessarily optimistic about it, I'm just not ready to rule it out yet.
It always sucks when a good show dies early. I just hope that Young Justice and Green Lantern don't end on a cliff hanger. I'm pretty sure GL won't since it seems to have thirteen episode story arcs.

Anyway On Line petitions can work but the ones that work tend to be professorially created, well supported, and have money behind them. Operation Rainfall is an example of an online petition that works. Then again there is a difference between trying to get three games translated into English and trying to get new material made, a huge difference.
It was not any petition that brought Family Guy back, it was a combination of high DVD sales and it's popularity on Adult Swim that brought the show back. It was no petition that brought back Teen titans ether, it was the popularity of the new Teen titans shorts which were created to fill time in the DC nation that brought us Teen Titans go.

If anything brings back Young Justice and Green Lantern that's what it will be, it will be people watching the remainder of the episodes, telling others to watch them. it will be high DVD sales. Those are the things that work.

Who knows how much if any of the thanks actually belongs to online petitions. Hell even Operation Rainfall might not have had much impact convincing companies to bring over Xenoblade, Last Story and Pandora's Tower. I know that at least Pandora's Tower has more to thank for Last Story being Xseed's best selling game then operation rainfall. It's just OR had one thing most petitions lack, financial backing so it probably had some influence too.
Captain Talavar
Because neither one sold enough toys, both Young Justice and Green Lantern are canceled. Perhaps they should have thought about actually putting the toys in stores and on shelves, because I haven't seen any anywhere. I saw Young Justice toys in maybe a Toy Fair or two, but never in stores, and I haven't seen any toys for the animated GL show period.

So yeah. Both those shows are canceled, to be replaced by a Teen Titans revival that makes it even more of a comedy than it already was without any superheroics, and a new weird CGI Batman cartoon where Kitana and a gun-toting Alfred are his sidekicks.

I'd like to know where the new Superman cartoon is. Big new movie coming out this year, hasn't had a cartoon in a little while (there was that Legion of Superheroes show a little while back but that didn't last long at all), 75th anniversary.

Oh yeah, that's right, it's all about selling toys to Cartoon Network (make no mistake, they're the bad guys here, not DC Comics). And Superman toys don't sell like Batman toys do. Then again maybe they would sell more if there ******** actually were Superman toys.

And you know what? I'd like to see an animated series for The Flash. Tell me he and his rogue's gallery couldn't be a hit with kids. Just you try.
It did not get cancelled. It got delayed. I looked it up when it happened and the dc site said that it was pushed back till 2013. It's back now with new episodes
Al the Sloth
Captain Talavar

It did not get cancelled. It got delayed. I looked it up when it happened and the dc site said that it was pushed back till 2013. It's back now with new episodes

And those will be the last episodes, because in Cartoon Network's press release regarding the new shows and returning shows in the fall, both Young Justice and Green Lantern are absent. Meaning, they aren't returning. Meaning, they're both canceled.

This spring season will be the last one.
Well cartoon network loses a lot of good shows,(seen adult swim lately, except on sat. it 90% garbage) but I'll wait a while before worrying. Maybe it'll come back out in winter.
Creativerealms
It was not any petition that brought Family Guy back, it was a combination of high DVD sales and it's popularity on Adult Swim that brought the show back. It was no petition that brought back Teen titans ether, it was the popularity of the new Teen titans shorts which were created to fill time in the DC nation that brought us Teen Titans go.

If anything brings back Young Justice and Green Lantern that's what it will be, it will be people watching the remainder of the episodes, telling others to watch them. it will be high DVD sales. Those are the things that work.

Who knows how much if any of the thanks actually belongs to online petitions. Hell even Operation Rainfall might not have had much impact convincing companies to bring over Xenoblade, Last Story and Pandora's Tower. I know that at least Pandora's Tower has more to thank for Last Story being Xseed's best selling game then operation rainfall. It's just OR had one thing most petitions lack, financial backing so it probably had some influence too.
I thought it was because most of fox's other shows at the time all got cancelled and they had to bring it back to get good ratings again.
Al the Sloth
Well cartoon network loses a lot of good shows,(seen adult swim lately, except on sat. it 90% garbage) but I'll wait a while before worrying. Maybe it'll come back out in winter.

The Green Lantern folks have confirmed that show is canceled, and the YJ people haven't confirmed it publicly but they are moving on to other things too from the looks of it.

Unless there's a huge backlash and fan outcry, it's not coming back.

Dangerous Visionary

The more I look into it maybe not really canned. CN has in the past just put things in LONG hiatus only to bring them back later. And many animated series have came back when we least expected them too. *this is coming from a Gen Rex fan btw* wink We already knew about the New TT and Beware the Batman and I always figured that either Green Lantern or both shows would have to end so those would get aired. As I think CN made it very clear what their priories are atm and the DC block isn't really that high on their list. I mean yes the smarter thing would be to build the block and run it for two hours but hey this is CARTOON NETWORK we are talking about and since when have they made any sense?

Oh not to kick ya while you are down but the gun toting stuff and violence in general with Beware the Batman has been curb due to the infamous Aurora cinema shooting. Actually if you want to be sadistic about it you can be thankful because either GLTAS or Young Justice would have left the block sooner if it hadn't been for that tragic event because I think they were just about finished it with. Now they have to tone the violence down a natch. IE laser guns and family friendly violence instead of the realistic firearms we are used to seeing in Batman cartoons over the years.

Anyway point is why is everyone so pissed. Tv Tropes and other sources called it MONTHS if not a year ago when the whole concept of DC Nation was promoted and then all the hiatus. So really what's the point? It's Cartoon Network after all and they really don't give two shits about quality and to be really honesty both of these series were too good to last anyways. Espeically, Young Justice and we should have known better as soon as we saw the cast and crew. All in all I'm not shocked or upset because that's just how it is.

And I'm still willing to at least give Beware The Batman a chance. The New TT shorts have been hit and miss with me so I'm not really looking forward to an extended version of that crap. (Much rather Super Best Friends, The Atom or the new Black Lighting but whatever)

Anyway just try to enjoy the last few eps and cheers mates. These were wonderful show with an equally enjoyable fanbase.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff