Welcome to Gaia! ::

Omnipresent Pawn

(GLTAS = Green Lantern: The Animated Series)

I'll give you a hug if you look past its CGI
(which it apparently was forced upon the production team and not specifically chosen, according to its producer last week)

--

If your reason isn't also the whole "it's not what I grew up with" or "it's 10AM on a Saturday", then please share your reason for not watching~
(Those are the two main reasons besides the CGI animation, so I'm curious on other reasons)

Dangerous Visionary

Well personally I love the series. Bruce Timm is/was one of the producers and character design artist. Giancarlo Volpe is funny as hell on both Twitter and Tumblr. All the voice talent is amazing but then again when has a DC titled failed in that area? Really its generally the fact that its in CGI and most people find Hal Jordan to be kind of a gray stu type of a character. Hell some people still think John Steward is the ONLY GL of Earth and keep playing the "It's racist" card. emotion_facepalm

Been watching it since day one and I made a thread about it just like you but it only got a few hits. emo haters gonna hate.
I dislike how some people can be so critical about CGI animation. How they instantly consider it inferior to traditional animation. Maybe it's fear that it's trying to take over (would that be a bad thing?) A show is not instantly bad because it's CGI and this is just my opinion but I would take a CG action cartoon over a Flash animated action cartoon any day. I am sop happy that people are (for the most part) able to look past CGI for the new Turtles cartoon sadly they can't do it for this show.

Anyway Green lantern is a damn good show. Poor Aya crying

My problem with Hal (Not the show's Hal comic Hal) is that he's a dull character. He has the least interesting personality of the Earth born Green Lanterns and some writers do write him off as being too perfect, especially after he returned. However the show's Hal is a bit more interesting but he's still the least interesting main character. Kilowag, Razor and Aya are far more enjoyable. As is Guy who I really hope comes back in a big way.
I have not seen a show where CGI humans didn't look awkward as ********.
Even the new Ninja Turtles. And I ******** love Ninja Turtles.

Tipsy Senshi

18,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
I have to admit I only catch the last few minutes of every episode before YJ comes on but something about it confuses me...Why does it seem like the red lantern is the most calm and rational character? Or at least between the dudes? Maybe I just haven't seen the right bits?

Still, the romance aspect between the red lantern and the robot lady seems cute enough so I've been considering giving it a try. I'll probably just order it on DVD at some point...the first half of the series is available and its cheap enough....
Razar is calmer then Kilowag that's for sure. It's just when Razar get's angry he shows why he's a Red Lantern. The Red Lanterns in this show are not the all rage all the time blood knights they are in the comic. They can talk, they can be calm and are more organized. They are a bit more generic to be honest. And my favorite Red Lantern never appeared and at this point probably won't. I really wish Dex-Star Red Lantern of Earth made an appearance in the show.

Dangerous Visionary

Winniwyn
I have to admit I only catch the last few minutes of every episode before YJ comes on but something about it confuses me...Why does it seem like the red lantern is the most calm and rational character? Or at least between the dudes? Maybe I just haven't seen the right bits?

Still, the romance aspect between the red lantern and the robot lady seems cute enough so I've been considering giving it a try. I'll probably just order it on DVD at some point...the first half of the series is available and its cheap enough....

You should totally check it out.

Fashionable Citizen

10,225 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
I like the CGI on GLTAS. It fits well with the sci-fi sleekness (Aya especially). Certain other shows (Star Wars the Clone Wars) have CGI that I can't stand, but I like this one.
I haven't gotten around to watching the second half, I really should. I was sad that it got cancelled sad The story is really good, it often reminds me of Star Trek TOS.

Dangerous Visionary

ArtistJenny
I like the CGI on GLTAS. It fits well with the sci-fi sleekness (Aya especially). Certain other shows (Star Wars the Clone Wars) have CGI that I can't stand, but I like this one.
I haven't gotten around to watching the second half, I really should. I was sad that it got cancelled sad The story is really good, it often reminds me of Star Trek TOS.

Its not over yet and if you can try to tune in Saturday/Sunday morning to see the finale. 3nodding
There are people that don't like one of the two only shows worth watching on Cartoon Network?

Invisible Regular

I liked it. But now I can go back to sleep on Saturdays I guess.

Dangerous Visionary

Seriously this series had one of the best creavtive teams ever:

I feel sorry for everyone who wasn't a fantern.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff