Welcome to Gaia! ::

The only daytime cartoon I watch is Adventure Time, but I watch some of the old shows on demand every once in a while (Johnny Bravo, Powerpuff Girls, Dexter's Lab). I also have the complete series of Invader Zim on DVD and I watch that from time to time too.

Most of the animated shows I watch these days are geared more towards an adult audience. I like some of the shows Toonami is playing now and my absolute two favorite animes are Red Garden and Eden of the East. There are still good animated shows out there. You just have to know where to look. smile

User Image

My text is big. Do you know what else is big? Dinosaurs!
That depends on what a good cartoon is.

Because you cannot do this in cartoons anymore. That is why.

Blessed Bilge rat

I am a big fan of the new Ninja Turtles cartoon. Legend of Korra was pretty awesome too.

Tipsy Nerd

Bloorigard2
First off, I didn't like most of those shows that I said I grew up with. I just watched them when I was bored, I didn't like them.

Just by reading that makes me wonder why you wrote "no good cartoons nowadays," because when you say that I get the impression that you thought cartoons were good in the old days. If you said most of them you didn't like and watched them out of boredom then wouldn't that mean cartoons were not good in your eyes back then as well?

Sounds to me you just don't like cartoons in general, which isn't a terrible thing. I know plenty of people who don't like cartoons. It's a shame that you can't get enjoyment out of something like that but whatever.

I personally love cartoons, all kinds. I never grew out of them and hope to be a cartoonist one day. c:
X_Torric_X
Here's a list of the kind of stuff I grew up with. I think the problem is that nowadays, there's no actual plot or development. No... depth, if you will. Now its all about the hi-tech graphics and bland humor.

Ben 10: Omniverse (which isn't that great, but it's sure better than the previous series, even thought the art style is... weird) has plot development, and so does Gravity Falls, which is really great.

There's some other really good current cartoons that are good for things other than humor but I can't think of any off the top of my head (obviously Avatar and stuff are great)

Sunilu's Prince

Bachelorette

I agree, all the cartoons that come on nowadays suck a**. Adventure Time is the only one that's considered "watchable" to me, and only when I'm really bored or really high.
This is my opinion, don't get butt-hurt. emotion_yatta
WUT HAPPEND TO CODE LYOKO!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! i get it that it was a low budget show (WHY FRANCE!?!? FRANCE EVEN MAKES ME A LITTLE BUMMED ABOUT HETALIA CAUSE HE GETS SOOOOOOOOO PERVY even though i only watched one and a half pervy moments with france in it) but after that, ben 10 and digimon (the FIRST digimon) animation gets sucky

Fatcat

There are plenty good animated cartoons on air these days if you know where to look. Gravity Falls, Adventure Time, Young Justice, and the Legend of Korra are not good shows? It's really just a matter of personal taste. But just because you don't like a show , doesn't mean it's not good.

Eloquent Streaker

Creativerealms
Well you count Totally Spies as a "good cartoon" so clearly you like bad cartoons already.

Really that show was good for only one thing sexual fetish.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Requiem ex Inferni
Creativerealms
Well you count Totally Spies as a "good cartoon" so clearly you like bad cartoons alread

Really that show was good for only one thing sexual fetish.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I mean exactly what I said Totally Spies is a fetish show.

Pretty much every kind fetish there is out there Totally spies caters to it's fans. Now this might not be on purpose but man is it obvious.

Lets see: Bondage, Mind control, muscle growth, shrinking, transformation, mind switching, furry just to name a few. Totally Spies has had pretty much every kind strange fetish out there.

Really that's the main thing going for it, otherwise you have a show that is incredibly repetitive, that basically has five plot recycled over and over again with a different villain of the week. The characters are generic with very little to separate them, they are simply the Smart one, the popular one and the jock. The anime style design is used to hide the very poor quality of the animation. The show just screams poorly written, cheaply made and generic.

So yeah I stick by what I said, it's pure fetish fuel, that's the show's main draw.

PrinceFigment's Senpai

Sparkly Bear

12,175 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Signature Look 250
Transformers Animated
Transformers Prime
MLP:FiM
Pound Puppes (Actually good)
Any thing Avatar TLAB

Beloved Gaian

Ben 10 ultimate alien, Star wars the clone wars, Johnny Test, Flapjack and maybe The Looney tunes show are good ones too me. Adventure time is average and overrated. Regular show is below average, but not as crappy as gumball. Also there's Xiaolin Showdown, but I rarely watch it

NOTE : all of these are from CN only. Idk about other channels. In fact, nowadays I watch all the shows at watchcartoonanime.com. I should probably get rid of my TV

Beloved Gaian

eerieUnderground
X_Torric_X
Here's a list of the kind of stuff I grew up with. I think the problem is that nowadays, there's no actual plot or development. No... depth, if you will. Now its all about the hi-tech graphics and bland humor.

Ben 10: Omniverse (which isn't that great, but it's sure better than the previous series, even thought the art style is... weird) has plot development, and so does Gravity Falls, which is really great.

There's some other really good current cartoons that are good for things other than humor but I can't think of any off the top of my head (obviously Avatar and stuff are great)

No just no. It haz to be the worst season I've ever witnessed.

Fashionable Lunatic

ℜinny says: Clone Wars is good

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas