Welcome to Gaia! ::

Newbie Noob

8,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Profitable 100
  • First step to fame 200
Complete edit:

I should probably edit this quite a bit, so, uh...

First off, I didn't like most of those shows that I said I grew up with. I just watched them when I was bored, I didn't like them.

Second: The reason I won't watch Adventure Time, Regular Show, Flapjack, or Chowder is because I saw them, and I don't like them. I think Adventure time is quite well made, though I'm not sure about the other three. I simply do not like them. I'm not sure if I should say that 'they're just not my type of show' or what, but I just don't like them... Sorry for any confusion this may have caused.

The reason i had put "I will NOT watch..." is because there are several relatives trying to force me to watch adventure time, which may be part of the reason I don't like it.

Anyway, I didn't know that young justice was on still, is The Legend of Korra still on? Those are pretty good shows in my opinion. What time is Young Justice on?

Robotic Exhibitionist

Transformers Prime and The Venture Bros. are my two favorite on-going shows. They're the only cartoons I really get excited about.

Newbie Noob

8,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Profitable 100
  • First step to fame 200
Bampot
Transformers Prime and The Venture Bros. are my two favorite on-going shows. They're the only cartoons I really get excited about.

Do you know when Transformers Prime is on tv? Also, do you know what older, non ongoing shows are good? :3

Robotic Exhibitionist

Bloorigard2
Bampot

Do you know when Transformers Prime is on tv? Also, do you know what older, non ongoing shows are good? :3

It's on The Hub and they just finished up the second season last month. Not sure what times they show it since I actually don't get the channel, but both seasons are out on DVD and you can watch the first season on Netflix.

Hmm, it's hard to pick any cartoons off the top of my head that you probably don't already know about. I recently rediscovered Aaahh!!! Real Monsters and it's actually exceptional, even without nostalgia goggles. While some didn't care for it, I really loved X-Men: Evolution. If you ever watch Transformers Prime and end up getting into it, you could always go back and watch Beast Wars. Beast Wars was late 90s and has terrible graphics, but a great story.

Netflix has a ton of older cartoons that I love and grew up with. Hey Arnold, The Angry Beavers, Rocko's Modern Life, Invader Zim, etc. Actually, all the shows I listed are on Netflix, with the exception of The Venture Bros.

Dangerous Lunatic

Here's a list of the kind of stuff I grew up with. I think the problem is that nowadays, there's no actual plot or development. No... depth, if you will. Now its all about the hi-tech graphics and bland humor.
Out of curiosity why is Adventure Time on your no watch list?

Hm. Well I would suggest Ugly Americans and Archer but they are adult animated cartoons, not like Family Guy style, but meant for adults.

Newbie Noob

8,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Profitable 100
  • First step to fame 200
Mercy and Censor

Hm. Well I would suggest Ugly Americans and Archer but they are adult animated cartoons, not like Family Guy style, but meant for adults.

I just don't like it. It's well made, in my opinion, but I just don't like it. I've seen a bit of it.

Chowder, flapjack, and regular show, all of those I've seen a bit of, and I don't really find them well made. They just annoy me.

Newbie Noob

8,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Profitable 100
  • First step to fame 200
X_Torric_X
Here's a list of the kind of stuff I grew up with. I think the problem is that nowadays, there's no actual plot or development. No... depth, if you will. Now its all about the hi-tech graphics and bland humor.

Agreed. Thanks for the list. Was the dungeons and dragons show based on the tabletop roleplaying game of the same name, and was it any good? Thank you, again for the list.
Bloorigard2
Mercy and Censor

I just don't like it. It's well made, in my opinion, but I just don't like it. I've seen a bit of it.

Chowder, flapjack, and regular show, all of those I've seen a bit of, and I don't really find them well made. They just annoy me.

Fair enough.

For older shows I loved Darkwing Duck, and Bonkers were some of my favorites.

Dangerous Lunatic

Bloorigard2
X_Torric_X

Agreed. Thanks for the list. Was the dungeons and dragons show based on the tabletop roleplaying game of the same name, and was it any good? Thank you, again for the list.
No prob! And yes, the cartoon was based off the game, although unfortunately, that's one cartoon I honestly don't remember too much. Sorry.
WAIT.
I FORGOT TO MENTION GRAVITY FALLS.
THAT SHOW IS AMAZING.

Newbie Noob

8,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Profitable 100
  • First step to fame 200
Mercy and Censor
WAIT.
THAT SHOW IS AMAZING.

Is it a recent show, or an older show, or can I still see it on TV, or...?

Kawaii Nerd

13,000 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Timid 100
Seconding Gravity Falls for a current one. It's lovely and funny and brilliant.

As for cartoons in general? The first ones that come to mind are Ruby Gloom and Courage the Cowardly Dog.
Bloorigard2
Mercy and Censor
WAIT.
THAT SHOW IS AMAZING.

It is a new show on Disney.
This show is just fantastic.

Newbie Noob

8,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Profitable 100
  • First step to fame 200
Mercy and Censor
Bloorigard2
Mercy and Censor
WAIT.
THAT SHOW IS AMAZING.

It is a new show on Disney.
This show is just fantastic.

Does this mean disney is showing good cartoons again :3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out