Welcome to Gaia! ::

Zero the Crimson
Have they seen the cartoons playing nowadays? If these are kids shows, it's no wonder there's something wrong with this worlds youths.

Fun Fact

As someone who works with kids and youths today, I can pretty safely say that they are just dandy.

(If we choose to ignore media sensationalism of the "Hurp hurp! Everything today is worse than it was in the past!" variety and operate in the real world)

I do hope they won't grow up to be so arrogant as to throw around the "Kids these days!" line in their 20s.
Young Griff Connington

Fun Fact

As someone who works with kids and youths today, I can pretty safely say that they are just dandy.

(If we choose to ignore media sensationalism of the "Hurp hurp! Everything today is worse than it was in the past!" variety and operate in the real world)

I do hope they won't grow up to be so arrogant as to throw around the "Kids these days!" line in their 20s.

Totally agree with what you're saying. I never understood the whole "What's wrong with kids nowadays??!? My faith in humanity is lost!!" thing. The ones who say it are typically, as you said, pretentious hipster douchebags.

Vermillion Bibliophile

Young Griff Connington

Fun Fact

Can't say I know all to many people that use the word dandy in a sentence....moving along.

Well, considering that nowadays there are plenty of people that are parents before they're 20's...which seems to add some form of arrogance for some reason...I highly doubt that unless something is done about it.
Young Griff Connington
Creativerealms
Zero the Crimson
Have they seen the cartoons playing nowadays? If these are kids shows, it's no wonder there's something wrong with this worlds youths.

In ten years those kids you think there is "something wrong with" will be saying the same thing your saying now.

I like to hope todays kids won't grow up to be pretentious hipster douche bags who want to pretend they are older than they actually are.

They won't be called "hipsters" since the titles change all the time but those type of people always existed and sadly always will.

Given that titles rotate in and out like fads maybe they will be called Beatniks. hahahahahaha.
Zero the Crimson
Young Griff Connington

Fun Fact

Can't say I know all to many people that use the word dandy in a sentence....moving along.

Well, considering that nowadays there are plenty of people that are parents before they're 20's...which seems to add some form of arrogance for some reason...I highly doubt that unless something is done about it.

Yeah. Those are teenagers/young adults.

But, assuming that is the sort you are referring to... I fail to see the correlation between....

If these are kids shows, and this worlds youths.

"Man, television shows aimed at 7 - 10 year olds really suck these days. That must be why stupid, poor 16 year olds are getting pregnant. Some how..."

Now, if we wanted to say the teen/youth MTV crap that is being pumped out that glorifies stupidity and bad lifestyle choices is having an impact on "Today's youths" sure. I'd buy that. They set a terrible example.

But I fail to see how the quality of today's children's shows has an impact on teen pregnancy.
hug-o-holic
Young Griff Connington

Fun Fact

Totally agree with what you're saying. I never understood the whole "What's wrong with kids nowadays??!? My faith in humanity is lost!!" thing. The ones who say it are typically, as you said, pretentious hipster douchebags.

Yep. And typically barely out of childhood/youth.

Vermillion Bibliophile

Young Griff Connington
Zero the Crimson
Young Griff Connington

Fun Fact

But, assuming that is the sort you are referring to... I fail to see the correlation between....

"Man, television shows aimed at 7 - 10 year olds really suck these days. That must be why stupid, poor 16 year olds are getting pregnant. Some how..."

Now, if we wanted to say the teen/youth MTV crap that is being pumped out that glorifies stupidity and bad lifestyle choices is having an impact on "Today's youths" sure. I'd buy that. They set a terrible example.

But I fail to see how the quality of today's children's shows has an impact on teen pregnancy.

Oh, I was referring to the whole "Kids these days" thing. Not actually at children with that comment.

That aside, I don't really know that many 7-10 year olds that actually watch shows for 7-10 year olds. They usually watch shows for the 13+ age range.

With your comment on MTV, yes. It is crap. They sponsor stupidity and set bad examples all the while on a station that does not apply to its name.

As for the impact of teen pregnancy and kids TV shows..that's just depending on your classification of a kid. To me, a kid is someone between the 6/7-16 age range. (give or take their mind set) And with that being the case, the have all sorts of shows that seem to make relationships a dominant factor in them.
Zero the Crimson
Young Griff Connington
Zero the Crimson
Young Griff Connington

Fun Fact

Oh, I was referring to the whole "Kids these days" thing. Not actually at children with that comment.

Oh.

Fair nuff, then.

I've generally observed kids today to be doing pretty well.

Vermillion Bibliophile

Young Griff Connington

Oh.

Fair nuff, then.

I dunno, it might just be the area I'm in then...or maybe it's just me.

Dangerous Visionary

I do believe the majority of us have just become more cynical and nasty as we age and can't just ENJOY anything anymore. Plus, yeah you are technically suppose to "grow out" of cartoons so it makes sense. Really, nothing has change they are horrible cartoons (Johnny Test, newer spongebob, most Disney OAS, ect) and really, really, really good cartoons (Adventure Time, Regular show, Monster & Robot, Grojband, Gravity Falls, Looney Tune Show, ect) Cartoons like any other medium has its hits and misses. Nothing has changed but YOUR opinions on what's cool or not.

It's kind of like pop music. One direction ain't no different from Hansen or whatever Boy band we used to go cray-cray for.
Zero the Crimson
Young Griff Connington

Oh.

Fair nuff, then.

I don't know enough about you to make such a statement, but I would suggest it is just you.

It typically is.

Vermillion Bibliophile

Young Griff Connington
Zero the Crimson
Young Griff Connington

Oh.

Fair nuff, then.

I don't know enough about you to make such a statement, but I would suggest it is just you.

It typically is.

Probably.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas