Welcome to Gaia! ::

Who's your favorite character on Avatar: The Legend of Korra?

Korra 0.28125 28.1% [ 27 ]
Mako 0.072916666666667 7.3% [ 7 ]
Bolin 0.14583333333333 14.6% [ 14 ]
Asami 0.041666666666667 4.2% [ 4 ]
Tenzin 0.03125 3.1% [ 3 ]
Jinora/Ikki/Meelo 0.03125 3.1% [ 3 ]
Lin Beifong 0.11458333333333 11.5% [ 11 ]
Iroh 0.072916666666667 7.3% [ 7 ]
Amon 0.041666666666667 4.2% [ 4 ]
Other 0.16666666666667 16.7% [ 16 ]
Total Votes:[ 96 ]
< 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 >

Dangerous Visionary

Kid Kryptonite
Miss-dark8607
Kid Kryptonite
Miss-dark8607
I would love to see Swat Kats get re-made.
Not me, I'm still waiting for Thundercats to come back on.

Meh. I rather both.
I don't think there's anything they can do to improve it. It seemed like at the time it came out was perfect and now kids these days won't like it as much. Not like they can do an anime style with cat people like they did with Thundercats, it would just look like a clone.

I was thinking CGI. I think it still has value maybe not for the younger kids but for us. It was cut short thanks to Capt. Planet and all.
Miss-dark8607
Kid Kryptonite
Miss-dark8607
Kid Kryptonite
Miss-dark8607

Meh. I rather both.
I don't think there's anything they can do to improve it. It seemed like at the time it came out was perfect and now kids these days won't like it as much. Not like they can do an anime style with cat people like they did with Thundercats, it would just look like a clone.

I was thinking CGI. I think it still has value maybe not for the younger kids but for us. It was cut short thanks to Capt. Planet and all.
Ugh, that's worse to me. I just like to remember the show as it was, bringing it back will ruin its cult value.

Humorist

16,800 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Kid Kryptonite
Liechtensteinerin
My most favorite super hero cartoon has to be Legion of Super Heroes. It's a rather unknown cartoon, and was cut short when the CW switched over to the 4Kids Saturday Morning Crapfest. crying
I loved that show and saw both seasons. I wish it did continue, especially with that really cool future Superman, but the way it did end was good. It didn't leave us hanging with a new threat atleast.
I liked LoSH better before they had to "age up" the male characters. I don't remember how it concluded. I'm guessing better than the unfortunate stalling of X-Men Evo.

Batman Beyond was always my favorite of any of the Batman group.

Spectacular Spiderman was good especially with Gwen and Black Cat.

Of course I'm a big fan of Teen Titans.

User Image

Dangerous Visionary

Kid Kryptonite
Miss-dark8607
Kid Kryptonite
Miss-dark8607
Kid Kryptonite
Miss-dark8607

Meh. I rather both.

Ugh, that's worse to me. I just like to remember the show as it was, bringing it back will ruin its cult value.

I don't like cult value. I like most of these revamps and I like seeing shows that were shafted in the past make a wonderful comeback. *cough* Like Sailor Moon *cough*
ImKagetsu
Kid Kryptonite
Liechtensteinerin
My most favorite super hero cartoon has to be Legion of Super Heroes. It's a rather unknown cartoon, and was cut short when the CW switched over to the 4Kids Saturday Morning Crapfest. crying
I loved that show and saw both seasons. I wish it did continue, especially with that really cool future Superman, but the way it did end was good. It didn't leave us hanging with a new threat atleast.
I liked LoSH better before they had to "age up" the male characters. I don't remember how it concluded. I'm guessing better than the unfortunate stalling of X-Men Evo.

Batman Beyond was always my favorite of any of the Batman group.

Spectacular Spiderman was good especially with Gwen and Black Cat.

Of course I'm a big fan of Teen Titans.

User Image
I'm not sure what happened exactly, but it ended with Brainiac becoming human. I liked the age-up characters, they had more flare.

Loved all the shows you mentioned, seen all the episodes. I wasn't surprised they cancelled the Spectacular Spiderman, they rushed it too much with all the villains and characters being introduced. It was accurate to the comics and I liked the storylines, it just didn't leave us with much to work with. I'm happy Batman Beyond was officially concluded during the JLU cartoon with Terry being revealed as Bruce's son. It was weird, but for that Timmverse of cartoons it was nice to see Bruce have a son. Teen Titans was the most disappointing to see go, they left us with Terra alive and Beast Boy with a broken heart.
Miss-dark8607
Kid Kryptonite
Miss-dark8607
Kid Kryptonite
Miss-dark8607

Meh. I rather both.

I don't like cult value. I like most of these revamps and I like seeing shows that were shafted in the past make a wonderful comeback. *cough* Like Sailor Moon *cough*
Here's the thing about remakes and that goes for tv shows and movies, it's unoriginal and not creative. Especially now it seems people are running out of ideas and I'd rather see new stuff being made than them relying on old material. Certain cartoons like Captain Planet and Swat Kats don't need to be remade. I also don't know why you want to bring back Sailor Moon, that show had a good run and ended just fine. My sister loved that show and even watched the live-action version in Japan. Besides, that's like wanting yet another Dragonball series, it's too much already and too far in between.
Anyone see the new Ben 10 movie and season finale?
My favorite Super hero cartoons. There is no order in how much I like them

Gargoyles
Batman The Animated series
Superman the Animated series
Batman Beyond
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2003
W.I.T.C.H (Would it count? I would count it)
Darkwing Duck
Spectacular Spider-man (In my opinion the best Spider-man Cartoon)
Avengers Earth's Mightest heroes
90's X-men
X-men Evolution
Generator Rex
Young Justice
Justice League/JLU
Teen titans to me really was a disappointment. First i think it went the wrong way with the anime influence. It was over used and poorly used chibi expressions and other exaggerated anime expressions . It would have been one thing if they limited those to comedy episodes but in episodes that are suppose to be completely series the characters heads would suddenly grow to monstrous sizes, flames would pop out of their eyes and misshapen veins would appear. It really hurt the show rather then helped it.

Another problem I had with the show is that the pure comedy episodes were pretty good even great but the serous episodes? Those often ended up being horrible or at best boring. Really to be the serous episodes dragged with the exception of Haunted which I loved.

I have no problem with comedic Super hero cartoons I just feel that Teen Titans did it wrong same was with the anime influence. Now yes it had some great comedy episodes, I loved the mad Mod and Control Freak episodes. However if you ask me Batman the brave and the bold was a much better comedic comic book cartoon. It did a better job balancing comedic and serous episodes. It did not have moments that killed the mood.

I find it funny how people hate Batman the Brave and the bold for the same reason they love Teen Titans. I guess BatB is just missing being anime inspired. I guess if Batman's head grew five times per episode people would like it more.

Calm down David no misguided anger.
Creativerealms
Teen titans to me really was a disappointment. First i think it went the wrong way with the anime influence. It was over used and poorly used chibi expressions and other exaggerated anime expressions . It would have been one thing if they limited those to comedy episodes but in episodes that are suppose to be completely series the characters heads would suddenly grow to monstrous sizes, flames would pop out of their eyes and misshapen veins would appear. It really hurt the show rather then helped it.

Another problem I had with the show is that the pure comedy episodes were pretty good even great but the serous episodes? Those often ended up being horrible or at best boring. Really to be the serous episodes dragged with the exception of Haunted which I loved.

I have no problem with comedic Super hero cartoons I just feel that Teen Titans did it wrong same was with the anime influence. Now yes it had some great comedy episodes, I loved the mad Mod and Control Freak episodes. However if you ask me Batman the brave and the bold was a much better comedic comic book cartoon. It did a better job balancing comedic and serous episodes. It did not have moments that killed the mood.

I find it funny how people hate Batman the Brave and the bold for the same reason they love Teen Titans. I guess BatB is just missing being anime inspired. I guess if Batman's head grew five times per episode people would like it more.

I liked Teen Titans because it focused around a group of teenage superheroes. I liked that it was diverse with the characters and while I agree the anime-inspired style wasn't great, it did add to the comedy. However, I disagree with you about the serious and comedic episodes, the comedic ones were the worst imo. The tofu villain episode was the worst of them all. The serious episodes were great with Robin and Slade, Raven's father, Cyborg and the Hive, plus the final season with Beast Boy and the Brotherhood. There were several good serious episodes and the way they included the other teen superheroes was great to see. I even liked that they had hidden images of Wonder Girl because they legally couldn't use her in the show. I think all the good outweighs the bad in the end. Young Justice is the best animation from DC cartoons, everything is so well done despite them butchering the comic universe with their changes. It's weird how they made Teen Titans more comedic and Young Justice more serious when the comic versions are the other way around.

Batman the Brave and the Bold doesn't have an appealing animation style, plus all the episodes are comedic and don't give time for serious moments. It's way too campy because they're sticking to the original style from the comics and it doesn't have any cool edge to the characters.
Kid Kryptonite
Creativerealms

I liked Teen Titans because it focused around a group of teenage superheroes. I liked that it was diverse with the characters and while I agree the anime-inspired style wasn't great, it did add to the comedy. However, I disagree with you about the serious and comedic episodes, the comedic ones were the worst imo. The tofu villain episode was the worst of them all. The serious episodes were great with Robin and Slade, Raven's father, Cyborg and the Hive, plus the final season with Beast Boy and the Brotherhood. There were several good serious episodes and the way they included the other teen superheroes was great to see. I even liked that they had hidden images of Wonder Girl because they legally couldn't use her in the show. I think all the good outweighs the bad in the end. Young Justice is the best animation from DC cartoons, everything is so well done despite them butchering the comic universe with their changes. It's weird how they made Teen Titans more comedic and Young Justice more serious when the comic versions are the other way around.

Batman the Brave and the Bold doesn't have an appealing animation style, plus all the episodes are comedic and don't give time for serious moments. It's way too campy because they're sticking to the original style from the comics and it doesn't have any cool edge to the characters.

Teen Titans: I disagree. I found Deathstroke to be a good villain in the first season (I refuse to call him Slade that's his first name) until the season finale where to this day I believe there is NO reason he should have lost. In Season two well I guess it was fine but it was too toned down for my taste. To this day I wish for a real adaptation of Judas contract. Not that mess. Season three, brother Blood was a terrible villain. The Hive plot was uninteresting and the Titans East, I could care less about those losers. Also the ending of that season where Cyborg magicly regrew organic body parts as well as mechanical ones? BULL. For season four, well I found Raven to be a dull and boring character. I don't like those monotone voiced emotionally repressed characters. They just come off as bad to me. Also Trigun. Sorry but a villain that's so powerful he takes over the world when he enters our reality? Yawn how am I suppose to believe he can be defeated. Finally season five, god was the the brotherhood season bad. The problem was it was not interesting at all. Even when the Brotherhood were winning I was not captivated nor did I care.

Ok I give you the Tofu episode sucked as did the comedy episode where Cyborg downloaded a Virus. However for the most part the comedy episodes or the ones that balanced comedy and action were at least interesting. Most of the straight up serous episodes were just dull and boring. (I need a thasorous as I need to find ajectives for dull and boring badly. smile I would take most comedy episodes over most of the serous episodes any day.

Brave and the Bold: There are plenty of serous Brave and the bold episodes. What I like about it is that it's not serous all the time but it knows when it needs to be serous and when it is it does it right. The show also has a far higher death count then more "serous" super hero cartoons.

Brave and the bold probably has the single darkest batman cartoon episode ever with Chill of the Night,

Yeah it's silver age camp but in my opinion it's silver age camp done right. And I just love the shows Aquaman, greatest Aquaman ever. Really a show does not need to be dark and edgy to be good. It's like Batman is the only case where people want it and need it. To be honest Brave and the bold was great because it was a breath of fresh air after how Batman has gotten too serous.

As far as Young Justice "butchering the comics with it's changes" I guess that means every comic book cartoon ever has butchered the comics. Here is the thing Young Justice was not suppose to be called Young Justice, that was just a name attached to it for name recongition. And yeah it's not like the Young Justice Comic at all but really what Comic Book cartoon IS loyal to the comic with the same name?
Creativerealms
Kid Kryptonite
Creativerealms

Teen Titans: I disagree. I found Deathstroke to be a good villain in the first season (I refuse to call him Slade that's his first name) until the season finale where to this day I believe there is NO reason he should have lost. In Season two well I guess it was fine but it was too toned down for my taste. To this day I wish for a real adaptation of Judas contract. Not that mess. Season three, brother Blood was a terrible villain. The Hive plot was uninteresting and the Titans East, I could care less about those losers. Also the ending of that season where Cyborg magicly regrew organic body parts as well as mechanical ones? BULL. For season four, well I found Raven to be a dull and boring character. I don't like those monotone voiced emotionally repressed characters. They just come off as bad to me. Also Trigun. Sorry but a villain that's so powerful he takes over the world when he enters our reality? Yawn how am I suppose to believe he can be defeated. Finally season five, god was the the brotherhood season bad. The problem was it was not interesting at all. Even when the Brotherhood were winning I was not captivated nor did I care.

Ok I give you the Tofu episode sucked as did the comedy episode where Cyborg downloaded a Virus. However for the most part the comedy episodes or the ones that balanced comedy and action were at least interesting. Most of the straight up serous episodes were just dull and boring. (I need a thasorous as I need to find ajectives for dull and boring badly. smile I would take most comedy episodes over most of the serous episodes any day.

Brave and the Bold: There are plenty of serous Brave and the bold episodes. What I like about it is that it's not serous all the time but it knows when it needs to be serous and when it is it does it right. The show also has a far higher death count then more "serous" super hero cartoons.

Brave and the bold probably has the single darkest batman cartoon episode ever with Chill of the Night,

Yeah it's silver age camp but in my opinion it's silver age camp done right. And I just love the shows Aquaman, greatest Aquaman ever. Really a show does not need to be dark and edgy to be good. It's like Batman is the only case where people want it and need it. To be honest Brave and the bold was great because it was a breath of fresh air after how Batman has gotten too serous.

As far as Young Justice "butchering the comics with it's changes" I guess that means every comic book cartoon ever has butchered the comics. Here is the thing Young Justice was not suppose to be called Young Justice, that was just a name attached to it for name recongition. And yeah it's not like the Young Justice Comic at all but really what Comic Book cartoon IS loyal to the comic with the same name?
Honestly, I can't debate with you about the whole series. It's merely your opinion of the show and all I can say is that I enjoyed everything you hated. The comedy episodes just were too childish and the serious episodes had some great action. The quick fixes for defeating the villains happens with superhero shows, quick fixes for problems happens with most tv shows because of time restraint.

There's a reason Batman: TBATB is not as popular as Teen Titans because it's TOO CAMPY!!! I've seen a few episodes and highly doubt they were as serious as the Timmverse Batman series. There was an episode depicting Batgirl dying in the New Batman Adventures because she got thrown off a building and landed to her death. The Return of the Joker in Batman Beyond featured Robin being captured and tortured by the Joker. These were very graphic scenes, especially for the time period they came out. I doubt anything on TBATB could relate, the style of the cartoon is just not serious enough.

I do admit that all cartoons are different entities from the comics, but it was just too many changes to the whole DC universe throwing characters together that would never be at the ages they are. I wouldn't have such an issue if they made Robin and Kid Flash Tim and Bart instead of d**k and Wally. Now Superboy is really the only member from the actual comic, while other shows honored the team more. Also, they always planned on calling it Young Justice, not sure where you got that info from. DC makes shows based off their comics, they wanted to feature more sidekick superheroes on a team and this was the next comic book series on the list.

Fashionable Dabbler

Kid Kryptonite
Chiisana Tantei
User ImagexxUser ImagexxUser Image
x“We will always be brothers. We are bound together.”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxDanny Phantom and Ben 10 are a couple of my favorites. I can't really think of any other ones at the moment. Unless you count Transformers, the Autobots are kinda super hero-ish.
Those are a few of my favorites also. I guess you could count Transformers as superheroes also.

Anyone remember Street Sharks and Biker Mice from Mars?

OMG, yes! Someone else who knows Street Sharks! Did they ever release more than two videos?
I promise to never talk about Teen titans on this topic ever again. Clearly how I feel about the show is different from most people.
Creativerealms
I promise to never talk about Teen titans on this topic ever again. Clearly how I feel about the show is different from most people.
I mean we all have different opinions, so it's okay to talk about a show you didn't like. I never really liked Batma: TBAB, but I understand how it's comedy works more with the stories they have. It's good for staying true to the classic comic style and campiness of the old Super Friends cartoon.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff