Welcome to Gaia! ::

Who's your favorite character on Avatar: The Legend of Korra?

Korra 0.28125 28.1% [ 27 ]
Mako 0.072916666666667 7.3% [ 7 ]
Bolin 0.14583333333333 14.6% [ 14 ]
Asami 0.041666666666667 4.2% [ 4 ]
Tenzin 0.03125 3.1% [ 3 ]
Jinora/Ikki/Meelo 0.03125 3.1% [ 3 ]
Lin Beifong 0.11458333333333 11.5% [ 11 ]
Iroh 0.072916666666667 7.3% [ 7 ]
Amon 0.041666666666667 4.2% [ 4 ]
Other 0.16666666666667 16.7% [ 16 ]
Total Votes:[ 96 ]
< 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 18 19 20 >

Kid Kryptonite
Arc Vembris
Kid Kryptonite
Arc Vembris
Captain Arrow
Arc Vembris

Aang is not Amon, Aanmg's already been reincarnated in Korra. Amon might be a legacy character though, who exists as whoever takes up his mask, a la V for Vendeta.
I know he has to be dead for Korra to be the avatar, but the picture might be fake to look like he is. It would be cool if Aang created the Amon character like Zuko created the Blue Spirit as a vigilante.

It could easily be a corruption of his intentions, whatever they may be.

Here's what I don't get about Amon's bender-hate: Right now (I haven't seen episode 4 yet sweatdrop ) we're taking it on faith that non-benders are as oppressed as Amon claims them to be. They're definitely a group that has power over another group, and everyone has at least one parent who was killed by a Firebender, and anyone can see the Triple-threat Triad are bad news. Even so, to hold all benders as responsible seems like a huge leap. Since we saw Ba Sing Se, benders are the backbone of industry in this setting. The world they have is only possible with the utility of hard-working benders. Now some of Amon's men seem to have technological means of generating electricity and I've got no clue how that's supposed to work as it's presented. There's no doubt they could have, or could have developed the means to power their society through technological means, but he's attacking the working class in order to achieve his goals, not the high and mighty of Republic City.
My theory is that Aang may have been the first person to stand up for non bender equal rights having a son who is one. He may have used the mask to start the equalist movement and Amon took it up after he was gone. It would also explain Amon's respect for the Avatar since he had the chance to take away Korra's bending and chose not to. Amon has only been presented as taking away bending from those who misuse it, like the Tiple Threat Triad gang members. As far as benders being the backbone of industry, it's true they do help a lot, but lets not forget last season with the Mehcanist and Sokka who have proven to be good non bending inventors. Also with the Satomobiles and Mr. Sato not being shown as a bender. Non benders play a great role in technological advancement also. Those staff's that some of Amon's soldiers use are merely tasers and it's understandable they would have them. We've seen firebenders generating electricity for the power plants, so people have learned to harness that power without having to depend on bending like our society. I'm sure for this world, people genertaing their own electricity is just as efficient as turbines.

Those aren't merely tasers, they're electrified batons. Tasers themselves weren't developed until the 1960s, so even assuming a parallel advancement in technology alongside bending-assisted 'magitech' this is a bit advanced for the setting. They'd have to be carrying Tesla coils around on their backs, and I don't think those are very portable. This is battery technology that rivals stuff we have today.

Now I know it's just a show and they have platypusbears and whatever. I'm just sayin' I think Amon protests too much for a society that, as far as we have seen, relies very strongly on benders for its tech.
They're electrified batons, but also the equivalent to our tasers. Tasers can come in different forms and since electricity is apart of the society than it's understandable they have them. Firebenders are the greatest threat and since they harnessed electricity for other means, why not make it into a weapon to defend against them? I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled out some flame throwers. Since they live in a world with these spiritual powers, the timeline of technological advancements isn't going to match up with ours. You forget that they had airships and submarines 80 years ago that we wouldn't have had.

Airships and submarines date back to the 18th century, earlier if you count nonmilitary prototypes. Submarines were in limited use during the American Civil War.

For the setting, flamethrowers are a far more reasonable weapon to duplicate bender powers. In truth we really don't know how the Equalists' "tasers" work, but it's hard to imagine the strobey thing on their backs is a generator or a sufficient battery. Wireless energy transmission is a possibility, but the most likely answer is that it's the Rule of Cool.in operation. Korra's battle with the "Taser" wielders is one of the few rotoscoped scenes, and a technique I hope they use more often as long as it doesn't get obtrusive.
Arc Vembris
Kid Kryptonite
Arc Vembris
Kid Kryptonite
Arc Vembris

It could easily be a corruption of his intentions, whatever they may be.

Here's what I don't get about Amon's bender-hate: Right now (I haven't seen episode 4 yet sweatdrop ) we're taking it on faith that non-benders are as oppressed as Amon claims them to be. They're definitely a group that has power over another group, and everyone has at least one parent who was killed by a Firebender, and anyone can see the Triple-threat Triad are bad news. Even so, to hold all benders as responsible seems like a huge leap. Since we saw Ba Sing Se, benders are the backbone of industry in this setting. The world they have is only possible with the utility of hard-working benders. Now some of Amon's men seem to have technological means of generating electricity and I've got no clue how that's supposed to work as it's presented. There's no doubt they could have, or could have developed the means to power their society through technological means, but he's attacking the working class in order to achieve his goals, not the high and mighty of Republic City.
My theory is that Aang may have been the first person to stand up for non bender equal rights having a son who is one. He may have used the mask to start the equalist movement and Amon took it up after he was gone. It would also explain Amon's respect for the Avatar since he had the chance to take away Korra's bending and chose not to. Amon has only been presented as taking away bending from those who misuse it, like the Tiple Threat Triad gang members. As far as benders being the backbone of industry, it's true they do help a lot, but lets not forget last season with the Mehcanist and Sokka who have proven to be good non bending inventors. Also with the Satomobiles and Mr. Sato not being shown as a bender. Non benders play a great role in technological advancement also. Those staff's that some of Amon's soldiers use are merely tasers and it's understandable they would have them. We've seen firebenders generating electricity for the power plants, so people have learned to harness that power without having to depend on bending like our society. I'm sure for this world, people genertaing their own electricity is just as efficient as turbines.

Those aren't merely tasers, they're electrified batons. Tasers themselves weren't developed until the 1960s, so even assuming a parallel advancement in technology alongside bending-assisted 'magitech' this is a bit advanced for the setting. They'd have to be carrying Tesla coils around on their backs, and I don't think those are very portable. This is battery technology that rivals stuff we have today.

Now I know it's just a show and they have platypusbears and whatever. I'm just sayin' I think Amon protests too much for a society that, as far as we have seen, relies very strongly on benders for its tech.
They're electrified batons, but also the equivalent to our tasers. Tasers can come in different forms and since electricity is apart of the society than it's understandable they have them. Firebenders are the greatest threat and since they harnessed electricity for other means, why not make it into a weapon to defend against them? I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled out some flame throwers. Since they live in a world with these spiritual powers, the timeline of technological advancements isn't going to match up with ours. You forget that they had airships and submarines 80 years ago that we wouldn't have had.

Airships and submarines date back to the 18th century, earlier if you count nonmilitary prototypes. Submarines were in limited use during the American Civil War.

For the setting, flamethrowers are a far more reasonable weapon to duplicate bender powers. In truth we really don't know how the Equalists' "tasers" work, but it's hard to imagine the strobey thing on their backs is a generator or a sufficient battery. Wireless energy transmission is a possibility, but the most likely answer is that it's the Rule of Cool.in operation. Korra's battle with the "Taser" wielders is one of the few rotoscoped scenes, and a technique I hope they use more often as long as it doesn't get obtrusive.
The airships and submarines were more advanced and if you think about it, so were all of the Fire Nation vehicles. They had mountain climbing tanks, what time period did that come from?

You're overthinking the weapons they use because it does make sense with what we've seen in this world. They can harness electricity and atleast they have a form of battery to power their weapons. Just because you can't explain the power source on their back doesn't make this so unbelievable, you're right that we don't know how the technology of this world works. The rule of cool can go for every cartoon because it's all imaginary, but the creators of the show keep this grounded in reality more than others.
Kid Kryptonite
The airships and submarines were more advanced and if you think about it, so were all of the Fire Nation vehicles. They had mountain climbing tanks, what time period did that come from?

You're overthinking the weapons they use because it does make sense with what we've seen in this world. They can harness electricity and atleast they have a form of battery to power their weapons. Just because you can't explain the power source on their back doesn't make this so unbelievable, you're right that we don't know how the technology of this world works. The rule of cool can go for every cartoon because it's all imaginary, but the creators of the show keep this grounded in reality more than others.

"More than", it's still pretty incredible. I'll grant you their tanks were ahead of their time. Most of the Fire Nation was pretty steampunky in TLA and that grants some leeway. I just need to know where Amon gets his toys.

How old exactly is Korra? I pegged her at like 20, but she's referred to as a teenager.
I liked the new episode of Young Justice even though some of my new favorite characters weren't in it. I also wish they told us more about how Superboy and Megan broke up, but Beast Boy and Megan have a cute adopted sibling chemistry.

I also watched Korra and that was a funny romantic episode. It's smart that they tied the love triangle with the Pro-bending championship since it had great symbolism of how the characters were feeling throughout. I want Korra to be with Bolin even though her and Mako are cannon, their personalities complement each other more.
Arc Vembris

"More than", it's still pretty incredible. I'll grant you their tanks were ahead of their time. Most of the Fire Nation was pretty steampunky in TLA and that grants some leeway. I just need to know where Amon gets his toys.

How old exactly is Korra? I pegged her at like 20, but she's referred to as a teenager.
The Equalists most likely have a bunch of weapons to use against benders, I'm even tempted to say maybe they make the first atomic bomb of their world. It could be the ultimate threat to their society and make benders fear them.

Korra is 17 years old, but I always thought she was 16. 20 is a bit old for a kids cartoon, how old do you think Mako and Bolin are?
I missed the Saturday morning cartoons since I had to go to the DMV. I'll see Korra later on Nick and hopefully all the shows are posted on 1channel by tonight.
Kid Kryptonite
Arc Vembris

The Equalists most likely have a bunch of weapons to use against benders, I'm even tempted to say maybe they make the first atomic bomb of their world. It could be the ultimate threat to their society and make benders fear them.

Korra is 17 years old, but I always thought she was 16. 20 is a bit old for a kids cartoon, how old do you think Mako and Bolin are?

Main character don't have to be kids in a kids' cartoon, and I think Avatar has transcended the distinction of being 'for kids'. Korra just looked noticeably more mature than Sokka/Katara in TLA, but that can be as true at17 as it is at 20. I assumed Bolin and Mako were around the same age if not a hair older.
Arc Vembris
Kid Kryptonite
Arc Vembris

Main character don't have to be kids in a kids' cartoon, and I think Avatar has transcended the distinction of being 'for kids'. Korra just looked noticeably more mature than Sokka/Katara in TLA, but that can be as true at17 as it is at 20. I assumed Bolin and Mako were around the same age if not a hair older.
That's true, I was just thinking since Avatar started with kids being main characters that it wouldn't work well to have the new Avatar be an adult already. Katara was 14, Sokka was 15, and Zuko was 16 in TLA. I think Korra looks just the appropriate age range for her character if you compare her to them. Can't seem to find how old Mako and Bolin are, but I assume Mako is 18 and Bolin is 17.
Finally caught up on all the cartoons. Thundercats was really good and I'm happy we got to see more of the cat people still alive. It was funny that the rats were the ones getting revenge by enslaving them.

Young Justice was cool, it was fun to see the world of Rann and get more insight on Adam Strange's character since he's not well known. I wonder what Megan did that made Conner want to break up with her. I like how they tied it into the first episode and we'll be able to find out about what happened in the lost 16 hours next episode.

The Avatar ep was cute and I felt bad for Bolin. I think Korra would be good for either brother, but I just think Mako is the better fit. Bolin is a bit immature for Korra and she needs someone level headed to counter her hot headedness.

Adult Aang Animated Gif.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
NOOOO, Korra and Bolin are perfect for each other!!!

Where do you find these pics Kid?

Tipsy Senshi

18,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
You know, in the recent Young Justice episode it made me really happy to learn that it was Superboy that broke up with Miss Martian. And not the other way around like everyone was saying. Also, I think its kind of neat that Beastboy doesn't actually look like a monkey. I wonder if he does that to keep a secret identity or if he just feels more comfortable that way.
Jackie-senpai
You know, in the recent Young Justice episode it made me really happy to learn that it was Superboy that broke up with Miss Martian. And not the other way around like everyone was saying. Also, I think its kind of neat that Beastboy doesn't actually look like a monkey. I wonder if he does that to keep a secret identity or if he just feels more comfortable that way.
You don't need to white it out since I already said it. I'm happy Superboy broke up with her as well because it would be a bad look for Megan if she broke up with him and moved on to Lagoon Boy. I think Beast Boy is paying homage to the green monkey who bit him and during season 1 he did have a pet monkey, must be his favorite animal. There's no need to have a secret identity when he's green all the time.
Captain Arrow
NOOOO, Korra and Bolin are perfect for each other!!!

Where do you find these pics Kid?
I just look around google images.
Check out Phil Bourassa's character sheet on Beast Boy
http://phillybee.deviantart.com/#/d4yus4y

He's the lead character designer on Young Justice and he explains why he chose BB's look:
"This is sort of a departure from the traditional look for Beast Boy. I guess my inspiration for the character was some of the imagery surrounding the Monkey King legend (aka Journey to the West, which I believe is chinese folklore) as well as Hank McCoy from the X-Men with a little Eddie Munster thrown in just for kicks."
Looks at the poll, awe poor Adam Stange the only adult in the list is the only one without a single vote.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff