Welcome to Gaia! ::

Who's your favorite character on Avatar: The Legend of Korra?

Korra 0.28125 28.1% [ 27 ]
Mako 0.072916666666667 7.3% [ 7 ]
Bolin 0.14583333333333 14.6% [ 14 ]
Asami 0.041666666666667 4.2% [ 4 ]
Tenzin 0.03125 3.1% [ 3 ]
Jinora/Ikki/Meelo 0.03125 3.1% [ 3 ]
Lin Beifong 0.11458333333333 11.5% [ 11 ]
Iroh 0.072916666666667 7.3% [ 7 ]
Amon 0.041666666666667 4.2% [ 4 ]
Other 0.16666666666667 16.7% [ 16 ]
Total Votes:[ 96 ]
< 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 18 19 20 >

Mako of course being named in honor of late Iroh voice actor Mako. I'm just waiting to find some secret Zuko ancestry there. I love Kya's hair.
Re-posting for people on this page.

Avatar: The Legend of Korra adult Aang, Sokka, and Toph pics!!!!!

User Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image
User Image

The Legend of Korra character chart with Aang and Katara's 2 other kids Kya and Bumi.

Arc Vembris
Mako of course being named in honor of late Iroh voice actor Mako. I'm just waiting to find some secret Zuko ancestry there. I love Kya's hair.
I didn't know that, but it makes sense to have the one main fire bending character after him. I can't wait to see some Zuko and Sokka ancestry, wouldn't hurt to know who Toph's lover was too.
Aang and Sokka got pretty sexy, but Toph looks like a guy. I like Kya's dreads also, very cool look for a water tribe person. I can't believe Aang and Katara had a non bender son, it should make an interesting dynamic between the Avatar and the people though.

Versatile Receiver

User Image

If only...

I love how Toph looks. She looks pretty rad in that metal armor.
Vartox
User Image

If only...

I love how Toph looks. She looks pretty rad in that metal armor.
Looks too much like Tenzin's. Trim the beard and moutstache and it would look better. Toph looks pretty much the same, but older.
Not sure if this pic is real, but I found it and it's interesting.

Kid Kryptonite

WTF, is this supposed to hint that Aang is Amon or that Aang made that mask?
Captain Arrow
Kid Kryptonite

Aang is not Amon, Aanmg's already been reincarnated in Korra. Amon might be a legacy character though, who exists as whoever takes up his mask, a la V for Vendeta.
Captain Arrow
Elizah Allen
Captain Arrow
]Looks like you have an issue with blondes. I love Wonder Girl and she's better than Artemis to me, I've been wanting to see her character in action forever.

I don't have a problem with blondes... In fact, my best friends are blonde! It's just that... She and Artemis... Their personalities rub me the wrong way... So much!
What is it about their personalities that bug you since they don't act the same?

UGG! Freaking IDK! stressed
Arc Vembris
Captain Arrow
Kid Kryptonite

Aang is not Amon, Aanmg's already been reincarnated in Korra. Amon might be a legacy character though, who exists as whoever takes up his mask, a la V for Vendeta.
I know he has to be dead for Korra to be the avatar, but the picture might be fake to look like he is. It would be cool if Aang created the Amon character like Zuko created the Blue Spirit as a vigilante.
Captain Arrow
Arc Vembris
Captain Arrow
Kid Kryptonite

I know he has to be dead for Korra to be the avatar, but the picture might be fake to look like he is. It would be cool if Aang created the Amon character like Zuko created the Blue Spirit as a vigilante.

It could easily be a corruption of his intentions, whatever they may be.

Here's what I don't get about Amon's bender-hate: Right now (I haven't seen episode 4 yet sweatdrop ) we're taking it on faith that non-benders are as oppressed as Amon claims them to be. They're definitely a group that has power over another group, and everyone has at least one parent who was killed by a Firebender, and anyone can see the Triple-threat Triad are bad news. Even so, to hold all benders as responsible seems like a huge leap. Since we saw Ba Sing Se, benders are the backbone of industry in this setting. The world they have is only possible with the utility of hard-working benders. Now some of Amon's men seem to have technological means of generating electricity and I've got no clue how that's supposed to work as it's presented. There's no doubt they could have, or could have developed the means to power their society through technological means, but he's attacking the working class in order to achieve his goals, not the high and mighty of Republic City.
Arc Vembris
Captain Arrow
Arc Vembris
Captain Arrow
Kid Kryptonite

Here's what I don't get about Amon's bender-hate: Right now (I haven't seen episode 4 yet sweatdrop ) we're taking it on faith that non-benders are as oppressed as Amon claims them to be. They're definitely a group that has power over another group, and everyone has at least one parent who was killed by a Firebender, and anyone can see the Triple-threat Triad are bad news. Even so, to hold all benders as responsible seems like a huge leap. Since we saw Ba Sing Se, benders are the backbone of industry in this setting. The world they have is only possible with the utility of hard-working benders. Now some of Amon's men seem to have technological means of generating electricity and I've got no clue how that's supposed to work as it's presented. There's no doubt they could have, or could have developed the means to power their society through technological means, but he's attacking the working class in order to achieve his goals, not the high and mighty of Republic City.
My theory is that Aang may have been the first person to stand up for non bender equal rights having a son who is one. He may have used the mask to start the equalist movement and Amon took it up after he was gone. It would also explain Amon's respect for the Avatar since he had the chance to take away Korra's bending and chose not to. Amon has only been presented as taking away bending from those who misuse it, like the Tiple Threat Triad gang members. As far as benders being the backbone of industry, it's true they do help a lot, but lets not forget last season with the Mehcanist and Sokka who have proven to be good non bending inventors. Also with the Satomobiles and Mr. Sato not being shown as a bender. Non benders play a great role in technological advancement also. Those staff's that some of Amon's soldiers use are merely tasers and it's understandable they would have them. We've seen firebenders generating electricity for the power plants, so people have learned to harness that power without having to depend on bending like our society. I'm sure for this world, people genertaing their own electricity is just as efficient as turbines.
Kid Kryptonite
Arc Vembris
Captain Arrow
Arc Vembris
Captain Arrow
Kid Kryptonite

My theory is that Aang may have been the first person to stand up for non bender equal rights having a son who is one. He may have used the mask to start the equalist movement and Amon took it up after he was gone. It would also explain Amon's respect for the Avatar since he had the chance to take away Korra's bending and chose not to. Amon has only been presented as taking away bending from those who misuse it, like the Tiple Threat Triad gang members. As far as benders being the backbone of industry, it's true they do help a lot, but lets not forget last season with the Mehcanist and Sokka who have proven to be good non bending inventors. Also with the Satomobiles and Mr. Sato not being shown as a bender. Non benders play a great role in technological advancement also. Those staff's that some of Amon's soldiers use are merely tasers and it's understandable they would have them. We've seen firebenders generating electricity for the power plants, so people have learned to harness that power without having to depend on bending like our society. I'm sure for this world, people genertaing their own electricity is just as efficient as turbines.

Those aren't merely tasers, they're electrified batons. Tasers themselves weren't developed until the 1960s, so even assuming a parallel advancement in technology alongside bending-assisted 'magitech' this is a bit advanced for the setting. They'd have to be carrying Tesla coils around on their backs, and I don't think those are very portable. This is battery technology that rivals stuff we have today.

Now I know it's just a show and they have platypusbears and whatever. I'm just sayin' I think Amon protests too much for a society that, as far as we have seen, relies very strongly on benders for its tech.
Arc Vembris
Kid Kryptonite
Arc Vembris
Captain Arrow
Arc Vembris

Those aren't merely tasers, they're electrified batons. Tasers themselves weren't developed until the 1960s, so even assuming a parallel advancement in technology alongside bending-assisted 'magitech' this is a bit advanced for the setting. They'd have to be carrying Tesla coils around on their backs, and I don't think those are very portable. This is battery technology that rivals stuff we have today.

Now I know it's just a show and they have platypusbears and whatever. I'm just sayin' I think Amon protests too much for a society that, as far as we have seen, relies very strongly on benders for its tech.
They're electrified batons, but also the equivalent to our tasers. Tasers can come in different forms and since electricity is apart of the society than it's understandable they have them. Firebenders are the greatest threat and since they harnessed electricity for other means, why not make it into a weapon to defend against them? I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled out some flame throwers. Since they live in a world with these spiritual powers, the timeline of technological advancements isn't going to match up with ours. You forget that they had airships and submarines 80 years ago that we wouldn't have had.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff