Welcome to Gaia! ::

Chimera_69's Husbando

14,175 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Gender Swap 100
Any one know about that series airing on Boomerang now?

I've recently got into it again and would like some help with a story I would like to write.

Mechonis's Princess

Divine Phantom

Gosh, Secret Saturdays is too 'new' to be airing on Boomerang..

Chimera_69's Husbando

14,175 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Gender Swap 100
iWonderous

Well its been a few years since it ended on carton network so that's what makes it 'old'.
Drew Saturday is hot and Nicole Sullivan does a great job.

That said, I was kinda disappointed in the show. The cryptids were always something bizarre I'd never heard of (might've been my fault, I've since come across references to Kumari Kandam and Lemuria in other things) rather than more recognizable things like chupacabra or skunk ape or the Montauk monster. It really felt like a bunch of randomly occurring magical animals with whatever properties seemed appropriate to the episode, a la Pokemon. Zak's cryptid powers just seemed to classify cryptids as /any animal we made up for the show'. I had high hopes, but apart from Will Friedle's awesome character and checking out Drew, it left me a little flat.

Humorist

16,800 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Arc Vembris
rofl The only part of the show I liked. Though I preferred her voice as Mira Nova and Shego. heart
ImKagetsu
Arc Vembris
rofl The only part of the show I liked. Though I preferred her voice as Mira Nova and Shego. heart

They really all sound alike to me.

Chimera_69's Husbando

14,175 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Gender Swap 100
Arc Vembris
ImKagetsu
Arc Vembris

Many cartoon/animation companies use the same voice actor for more then one character on more then one show. Some are really famous too.

Assimilated Wolf

Boy, I miss that show. Nice plot twist, too.
Yami Alexander 4
Arc Vembris
ImKagetsu
Arc Vembris

Many cartoon/animation companies use the same voice actor for more then one character on more then one show. Some are really famous too.

And some voice actors have a range, like Tress MacNeille or Jeff Bennett. Nicole Sullivan showed such range on MadTV, but Mira, Drew, and Shego are all different shades of the same snarky action girl.

Humorist

16,800 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Arc Vembris
Nicole Sullivan showed such range on MadTV, but Mira, Drew, and Shego are all different shades of the same snarky action girl.
heart Oh yea *giggles*User Image
iWonderous

Boomerang sadly has been as much cartoon Network's dumping ground as much it is a place for classic cartoons and has been that way for years now. Hell it's even starting airing new cartoons Cartoon Network does not want.

ImKagetsu that was the only part you liked? Oh what did you not like about this show. Personally I felt Secret Saturdays was great on every level and it actually manages to do something few cartoons manage to do. It's main plot actually finishes.

Humorist

16,800 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Creativerealms

ImKagetsu that was the only part you liked? Oh what did you not like about this show. Personally I felt Secret Saturdays was great on every level and it actually manages to do something few cartoons manage to do. It's main plot actually finishes.

sweatdrop ooo, Going out on a limb for a show I haven't seen in a while. I really didn't like the kid or the crypteds. The basis of the story. The parents would have been good alone and I liked the villain being a tv celebrity. Even though the base story ran about the same as Ben 10, I liked the character interaction much better in B10. Secret Saturdays just seemed flat. About like Generator Rex or B10 Alien Force.

Finishing is good. Most shows 1st season is written not knowing if the show will run complete. So most never have an end in mind.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff