Welcome to Gaia! ::

Opinions?

Korra Rules! 0.1044776119403 10.4% [ 7 ]
I miss the old gAang... 0.25373134328358 25.4% [ 17 ]
There's still a chance for Zutara. 0.14925373134328 14.9% [ 10 ]
Iroh still rules! 0.044776119402985 4.5% [ 3 ]
Airbending is better than airplanes, because the lines are shorter. 0.044776119402985 4.5% [ 3 ]
Random is random. 0.014925373134328 1.5% [ 1 ]
Gold! 0.08955223880597 9.0% [ 6 ]
TOPH IS MELON LORD! AND LIN IS MELON KING! 0.29850746268657 29.9% [ 20 ]
Total Votes:[ 67 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 82 83 84 > >>

Dangerous Gaian

9,400 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
Extra edit: What do you think, now that Korra's first season has finished its run?

Heya. Remember the "Official" thread? The one they shoved into the recycle bin? I finally went and started up the subsidiary.

Now, how are we going to keep this topic alive? Art? Vignettes/stories concerning Iroh's tea shop, the Jasmine Dragon? What? Come on, people! Are we still fans of the animated series, or is everyone going to talk about the movie? Or am I beating a dead dog, here.

Quote:
We're discussing Korra right now. We are speculating about what may happen in future episodes, and discussing the episodes that have aired, thus far.

@-@

Avatar: The Last Airbender. That's the Wikipedia entry. It's an animated, coming-of-age movie with a twist: the fate of the entire world si at stake.

For centuries, the four elements were in a kind of balance. Earth, air, fire, and water. Then fire got more aggressive, and essentially beat out air. *can't-breathe-AAUGH! *cough, cough*

No, seriously. There are four nations, for the four elementals. That's the background and the springboard for the story. Some individuals within these elemental nations can work with their nation's element.

The four nations/elements lived in a sometimes-uneasy harmony for centuries. Every generation, one individual is born who can work with all four elements. That individual is known as the Avatar. He or she doesn't know it in the beginning, of course. People who have learned what to watch for when searching for the Avatar are the noes charged with finding him or her.

The airbender of the story is, literally, the last Airbender.

The Fire Nation killed all of the air benders before hte start of the series proper. The world was thrown out of balance because of this, and could self-destruct.

Anyway, as the Avatar, Aang must strive to restore balance to the elements, and bring peace to the world once more. He's also gotta figure out how to tell the girl he likes that he likes her. What's a kid going to do, under these circumstances?

Dangerous Gaian

9,400 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
icepelt1
my account's not that old but............

GOLD

Hey, whatever works. cool

Kawaii Cub

I think info on what A:TLA is required for the first post of this thread. Haha.

Dangerous Gaian

9,400 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
Euphoric Ghost
I think info on what A:TLA is required for the first post of this thread. Haha.

Ah, but that spoils the fun, doesn't it? *maniacal laughter resonates* We know that it's for the animated series "Avatar: The Last Airbender", known elsewhere as "Avatar: The Legend of Aang".

If I put Avatar in the first message ,that might confuse some people, as there's a movie called Avatar that has abso-smurfly nothing to do with Mike and Bryan's animated series.

Dangerous Gaian

9,400 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
It does look like this one may well end up in the recycle bin, too. Any suggestions on what to edit into the first post?

Dangerous Gaian

9,400 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
There. First post upddated. Now what?

Kawaii Cub

No idea, I guess, we just have to find things to discuss about this... I think the actor for Ozai is pretty cool, he could pull off the tough guy act.
spongebob is funny but i like patrick better

Dangerous Gaian

9,400 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
Yea, I guess. Rufftoon is psyched about the guy playing Zhao.

7,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100
Hmm...well, I have to say that I am psyched a little for the movie. And I loved the original show. But the movie does seem to have some flaws already, but that is to be expected, especially since it is live action after all (though the actors seem a little wrong, the ones that are supposed to be pale aren't, and the ones that are supposed to be tan aren't either). I hope they do part of where Iroh recounts how Zuko got his scar (want to say episode three: The Southern Air Temple).

Teaser Trailer: http://www.filmofilia.com/2009/06/23/the-last-airbender-teaser-trailer/

Dangerous Gaian

9,400 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
Agreed. I hope the movie turns out well, though; have to admit, though dark, the trailer was impressive.
Whoot! New thread! blaugh

Dangerous Gaian

9,400 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
moo92

Yea. I hope it stays around for a while.
Slytherin Avatar
moo92

Yea. I hope it stays around for a while.
That would be nice. 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces