Welcome to Gaia! ::

Opinions?

Korra Rules! 0.1044776119403 10.4% [ 7 ]
I miss the old gAang... 0.25373134328358 25.4% [ 17 ]
There's still a chance for Zutara. 0.14925373134328 14.9% [ 10 ]
Iroh still rules! 0.044776119402985 4.5% [ 3 ]
Airbending is better than airplanes, because the lines are shorter. 0.044776119402985 4.5% [ 3 ]
Random is random. 0.014925373134328 1.5% [ 1 ]
Gold! 0.08955223880597 9.0% [ 6 ]
TOPH IS MELON LORD! AND LIN IS MELON KING! 0.29850746268657 29.9% [ 20 ]
Total Votes:[ 67 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 82 83 84 > >>

the movie TLA sucked. m. night shyalaman must die.
bubblegum_freak
xAliceJae
I have a question for anyone who is actually Chinese/knows Chinese in this topic.

People keep defending this movie's name pronunciations by saying it's the Chinese way.

Are they just pulling s**t out of their a** or are they right?

All Shyamalan said was that he wanted to make the pronunciations more "authentically Asian." The ones he did change may be in a Chinese style, but he didn't convert all the names (i.e. Yue is pronounced "Yeh" in Chinese). It confuses me because he wanted the names to be more Asian, but not the main characters?

That's...really, really confusing. D; I haven't seen the movie, but all the changes he's done. It's not worth the like 7-9 bucks at my local theatre to go see it.

M. Night must die.
Or the Gaian community (&pretty much anyone else. FB's page for the movie, the people who don't like it actually have like real reasons to not like it.) should find a better director. neutral
I feel like the firebenders are just Indian b/c he wanted Dev to get more popular in American movies.

Dangerous Gaian

9,400 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
Penguin sledding!

.....I had to interject a bit of random.

So, the movie bites. What now?
Slytherin Avatar
Penguin sledding!

we hope some one else makes some thing good. in the mean time role plays and fan fics

what would you prefer ? movie reboot? series reboot? direct to DVD animated movie? a fully CGI movie? a video game? a manga? a comic? a play? an ice show? chibi mini cartoons?

5,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • First step to fame 200
kaykeyser
Slytherin Avatar
Penguin sledding!

we hope some one else makes some thing good. in the mean time role plays and fan fics

what would you prefer ? movie reboot? series reboot? direct to DVD animated movie? a fully CGI movie? a video game? a manga? a comic? a play? an ice show? chibi mini cartoons?

I'm personally excited for Mike and Bryan's new project, The Legend of Korra.
bubblegum_freak
kaykeyser
Slytherin Avatar
Penguin sledding!

ooo what do you know about that? is it part of the Avatar world? or is it a new story?

5,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • First step to fame 200
kaykeyser
bubblegum_freak
kaykeyser
Slytherin Avatar
Penguin sledding!

ooo what do you know about that? is it part of the Avatar world? or is it a new story?

We don't know a lot about it. The title is the only confirmed aspect of it, actually! Though it's almost positive that the story will take place 100 years after Aang's story, and a lot of fans have speculated that Korra, the waterbending avatar, will be a girl. I have heard that we will find out more information by the next Comic Con, so let's hope that's true!

Dangerous Gaian

9,400 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
kaykeyser

bubblegum_freak

All of the above.
I saw some adds on TV that made me thinks

1. I spotted the Kyoshi Warriors in one of the last airbender TV ads. this goes back to the fact that they some times delete scenes AFTER the TV adds and trailors are made. I seen a lot of TV adds for movies ware they included deleted scenes.

2. they had a McDonalds happy meal add. Hey look! talented Asian child actors! so THAT'S what happend. all the Asians went to McDonalds

3, the girl from Ramona and Beezus looks like a good actor. could have been used in a last airbender roll.

5,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • First step to fame 200
kaykeyser
2. they had a McDonalds happy meal add. Hey look! talented Asian child actors! so THAT'S what happend. all the Asians went to McDonalds.

A friend and I were half-joking that the McDonald's commercial was better than the entire movie.
Hopefully the new series is everything I want it to be.

But i'm still going to miss the old characters....
;_____;

I'm just wondering how the future thing is going to look.
TaeTae Doll
Hopefully the new series is everything I want it to be.

But i'm still going to miss the old characters....
;_____;

I'm just wondering how the future thing is going to look.

speeking of new series, what would be more fun for you fans?

1. the story of the First Avatar (maybe the 2nd or 3rd one of the earliest ones

2. book 4: wind, the story continues

3. a story set the same time as the 1st series about new character

4. story in the future after Aang has died but when the other character are still alive and Aang is seen as a past life time to the Avatar

5. a chibi series

6. a talking animal series about Momo and Appa

7. a Pg13 or R rated animated series put directly to DVD

8. a reboot with a new art style, changed names, different plot and a different overall tone

9. a series about one of Aang's past lives, one of the ones we know about as opposed to the earlier suggestion of an early era Avatar

10 Avatar set in a modern or futuristic future, one so far off that the old characters are lost to history and no one talks about them any more
kaykeyser

4. story in the future after Aang has died but when the other character are still alive and Aang is seen as a past life time to the Avatar

5. a chibi series

8. a reboot with a new art style, changed names, different plot and a different overall tone

9. a series about one of Aang's past lives, one of the ones we know about as opposed to the earlier suggestion of an early era Avatar

10 Avatar set in a modern or futuristic future, one so far off that the old characters are lost to history and no one talks about them any more

Wow. It's hard to choose.
Really if it is possible i want them all.
They're all good twists and they give you many different looks at the avatar universe.

If only it were possible...
;C
TaeTae Doll
kaykeyser

5. a chibi series

Wow. It's hard to choose.
Really if it is possible i want them all.
They're all good twists and they give you many different looks at the avatar universe.

If only it were possible...
;C

after I posted I also thought of 11. a plot in the spirit world staring Yue,, Katara's mother, iroh's son the past avatars, Koh and some new characters.

Dangerous Gaian

9,400 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Everything. I want it all.

If they were to get someone to remake the Avatar movie, how about Tim Burton? He's done pretty good work so far.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff