Welcome to Gaia! ::

Opinions?

Korra Rules! 0.1044776119403 10.4% [ 7 ]
I miss the old gAang... 0.25373134328358 25.4% [ 17 ]
There's still a chance for Zutara. 0.14925373134328 14.9% [ 10 ]
Iroh still rules! 0.044776119402985 4.5% [ 3 ]
Airbending is better than airplanes, because the lines are shorter. 0.044776119402985 4.5% [ 3 ]
Random is random. 0.014925373134328 1.5% [ 1 ]
Gold! 0.08955223880597 9.0% [ 6 ]
TOPH IS MELON LORD! AND LIN IS MELON KING! 0.29850746268657 29.9% [ 20 ]
Total Votes:[ 67 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 77 78 79 80 81 ... 82 83 84 >

Dapper Dabbler

8,450 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Bidding War 100
  • Nerd 50
Has anyone proposed Amon as Sparky Sparky BoomMn, yet? Some theories are way out of left field.

Gracious Phantom

8,100 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bidding War 100
  • Nerd 50
If you have not been following the blog posts of author Jim Hines, I recommend you do so - at least, on LiveJournal. He's been reviewing Korra episodes (he has not seen A:TLA yet, just Korra, and he said that, straight up, though it's now on his to-be-viewed list). The current post, with his review of Turning the Tides, is here.
Snapus Angelus
Has anyone proposed Amon as Sparky Sparky BoomMn, yet? Some theories are way out of left field.

He's a bender though...

Dapper Dabbler

8,450 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Bidding War 100
  • Nerd 50
stripeypirate
Snapus Angelus

He's a bender though...

Amon could be a banana bender. cat_3nodding cat_mrgreen

Dapper Dabbler

8,450 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Bidding War 100
  • Nerd 50
Somebody else posted in one of the communities on LJ that Amon was born when Azula killed Aang, that time. Of course, other people were pointing out that Amon sounds a lot youngfer than 70.
I absolutely loved the season finale of Avatar, wrapped everything up in a pretty bow. I will say that I wanted to see more of Uncle Bumi, he seemed awesome. Good to know Zuko's family shares such great respect for the Avatar now. Iroh was like the perfect combination of Zuko and Uncle Iroh back in the day.

SPOILERS:Never suspected Tarrlock and Amon being brothers and his name was actually Noatok, but I guess it makes sense with the origin story. Blood bending being able to disconnect spiritual connections is something I would've liked to get into further. Amon taking Korra's bending had me screaming at my tv for her to go Avatar State. Everything worked out well though with being able to airbend afterwards and later being able to master Avatar State with being able to fully energy bend giving and taking bending. Yay for Lin getting her bending back!!! I wonder if next season she's also able to blood bend, metal bend, and lightning bend. Anyone else think her and Mako getting together was a little sappy? I feel like they're the producers way of satisfying Katara and Zuko shippers, they seem so similiar even down to them doing the last mission together.
Well the episode for me any way started off predictable But that's only because I was saying Amon is.... all the time. Amon is Aang, Amon is Bumi, Amon is Tenzen, Amon is Korra, Amon is Assami , Amon is Torrlok, Amon is Torrolo's dad, Amon is Torlokk's brother, Amon is Lin's husband, Amon is Lin's brother, Amon is Lin's son, Amon is Asami's brother, Amon is Moko and Bolin's ftaher, Amono is Koh the face steeler,Amon is Zuko, Amon is a ghost, Amon is a robot, Amon is a puppet, Amon is Noma,Amon is Sokka, Amon is TomTom, Amon IS Jet, Amon is Lee, Amon is 12 fire ferries standing on each otter's shoulders Amon is Azula's son, Amon is Ty Lee, Amon Is Mai, Amon si Ty Lee's son, Amon is Iroh Amon is Cabbage man Amono is sevral people at the same time, Amon is a blood bender, Amon is an air bender, Amon is a fire bender, Amon is an Earth bender, Amond blocks chokras, Amons not realy energy bending, Amon creates illusions, A Mon is FLUTERSHY!!!! we said it ALL ONE of those things HAD to be write Hell Amon could STILL be Flutershy! he could pull off a rubber mask and be a freckin pony under it.If thats true I'll give Naga a scooby snack and mae Bolin say Ginkis.

2nd I saw in the comershals a clip that looked like Amon was blood bending or being blood bent, just how he was shaking his hand, like some thing was up. And some thing WAS up.

Skeleton's in the closest: Whos's secret was it? A lot of people were saying"Aang did some thing evil and created Amon. Like maybe he thought Amon energy bending or maybe Amon energy bent Aang or maybe a small aprt of Korra was in him or a small part of him was in Korra and there were two Avatars...Well we put that to rest finally We learned who Amon's family realty was and while I suspected a Tarrlok connection It was sooo easy to dismiss since we felt convinced that this was all an energy bending thing. It was surpising but not by a whole lot.

Next thing people said a lot about.

Korra would loose her bending and would unlock air bending and would have to relearn the other 3 bending skills. Down side This would make her too much like Aang. Seeing her travel around the world remastering Water, Earth and fire for 3 more seasons would be like just repeeting the Avatar 1 plot and what makes Korra special would be lost. So for a Looong time I was yelling at my TV. I was watching every one but Korra save the day, seeing what I didn't want to happen happen but it had a great pay off.

next: a few people said that in order to defeat Amon it can not be a bender who does it. If a bender defeated Amon it would be what Amon wanted. It would be more proof that benders are oppressing non-benders. If Korra or any one else killed Amon it would only cement in the eyes of his followers that Amon was right to accuse benders of being the bad guys, so Amon HAD to be taken down in some other way. Have to say did NOT see that coming until just before it happened.

Back on the other side of things, Naga had a cool moment.

A lot of people thought Asami would turn evil and she did not, probably never will. Is Asami getting a fair deal? no, but thats not enough to make her become the new Azula.

Iroh did cool stuff but didn't steal the show.

next Tarrlock shocks and drops a bomb, all were blown away.

then a lot of people said Korra will have the power to restore bending.

I felt what a dumb idea, its like how Ben 10, Ben wishes the Earth's populatio9n back to normal or how Danny Phantom phased the whole Earth threw the metior. Its silly. BUT when Lin lost her bending we also knew there would be away to have her get it back or at least pass it on and well it IS Korra's legend. I'm surpised Katarra didn't reverse blood bend the powers back.

So what will happen NEXT season? is Amon and Torrlock still alive? I mean no bodies no proof they died. Will some one we know rise as a new villian? or will the next seas be picefull and tie up loose ends? or amybe some one new will show up?

the unexpected: the true surpise was that Amon was lieing about there firebender scar!

Airbenders captured! NO WAY! H-HOW!!! Don't kill the younglings!!!!! Well amybe one of them but not all of them! I mean freak why is this happening!?

Also Bumi's not only not-evil but he looks totaly cool from what little we saw. AND the nice homless guy came back!

On the to do lis: we need to see more of Tenzen's siblings! and more if the fire lord family.
we go too little of them so maybe they'll be focuses next time.

Also can there be more spin-offs? Sequills? prequills?

Kawaii Cub

If I wasn't so manly, I would have cried.

Dapper Dabbler

8,450 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Bidding War 100
  • Nerd 50
Amon is a water bender, so there is a chance he may have survived, to continue being next season's villain. At the least, I expect him to have a scar, from the explosion.

The other possibility is Koh and Spirit World shenanigans.
A few ideas about next season

1. Amon returns
2. Equalists won't stop just because Amon is gone
3. Spirit world shenanigans
4. a new Villain every week
5. troubles on other governments
6. Bolin learns to metal bend
7. probending world tour
8.some one new we can't possibly begin to consider
9. natural disaster
10. Asami's father
11. no threat plots will just be every day stuff and romances
12. Asami becomes a pro auto racer.
13. A biological outbreak
14. more flash backs
15. Ember island becomes a movie studio
16. Bumi and other Aang family members show up.
17. large time skip
18. a new kind of bending is discovered
19. Korra solves a mystery
20. we gain or loose cast members
21. A friend turnes evil
22. pollution rises.
23. The hippie movement
24. drugs
25. more deadly technoligy also the 1st cavillian passenger airplanes
26. Stock market crash

Kawaii Cub

You pretty much covered everything kay, lol.

I think we'll definitely see more of Bumi. I hope we see more of the world beyond Republic City since Season One revolved around the city a lot. It's possible that the next season will stick to the city, because as kay listed, so many things could happen.

But perhaps, it's time to prove to the rest of the world that Korra is the Avatar.

So I'm thinking, it'll be a conflict with those who are against the government? Like anti-Republic sentiments? Maybe that's too much like the equalists, haha.

Anywho, I'll go for something where Korra has to once again prove she's the avatar, and something that'll take her farther from the city.

Dapper Dabbler

8,450 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Bidding War 100
  • Nerd 50
kaykeyser
A few ideas about next season

1. Amon returns
2. Equalists won't stop just because Amon is gone
3. Spirit world shenanigans
4. a new Villain every week
5. troubles on other governments
6. Bolin learns to metal bend
7. probending world tour
8.some one new we can't possibly begin to consider
9. natural disaster
10. Asami's father
11. no threat plots will just be every day stuff and romances
12. Asami becomes a pro auto racer.
13. A biological outbreak
14. more flash backs
15. Ember island becomes a movie studio
16. Bumi and other Aang family members show up.
17. large time skip
18. a new kind of bending is discovered
19. Korra solves a mystery
20. we gain or loose cast members
21. A friend turnes evil
22. pollution rises.
23. The hippie movement
24. drugs
25. more deadly technoligy also the 1st cavillian passenger airplanes
26. Stock market crash

The ones I feel may be close. For Amon's return, remember, he was a water bender. There is a possibility he could have survived, though he may finalyl be scarred.
There could also be a nice Moral delema for Korra. Say she finds a powerful bender who is a huge threat, what should she do? Kill him? take away his bending? If she takes his bending away some thing she her self knows how it feels, it makes her look like Amon, some one who emotional devastated every bender her did that to. But could Korra bring her self to Kill? She would have to find a new way to defeat a dangerous threat then. but how?

It feels like Amon has permanently tainted energy bending as some thing dirty and horrible when Aang did it, it was his merciful way of stopping the fire lord with out taking a life. Aang energy bent at least 2 people maybe 100s but on Korra it feels almost like a violation to rob some one of there bending I don't think Korra could morally energy bend away a power with out regrets.
kaykeyser
There could also be a nice Moral delema for Korra. Say she finds a powerful bender who is a huge threat, what should she do? Kill him? take away his bending? If she takes his bending away some thing she her self knows how it feels, it makes her look like Amon, some one who emotional devastated every bender her did that to. But could Korra bring her self to Kill? She would have to find a new way to defeat a dangerous threat then. but how?

It feels like Amon has permanently tainted energy bending as some thing dirty and horrible when Aang did it, it was his merciful way of stopping the fire lord with out taking a life. Aang energy bent at least 2 people maybe 100s but on Korra it feels almost like a violation to rob some one of there bending I don't think Korra could morally energy bend away a power with out regrets.
I beg to differ, since Korra can give bending to people that kinda takes away Amon tainting energy bending by taking away a few peoples bending in one city. Besides, Noatok was a water bender and not an energy bender, he just mastered blood bending. I don't think Korra would hesitate to take bending away from a person who deserves it, especially if she could give it back if they redeem themselves.

Gracious Phantom

8,100 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bidding War 100
  • Nerd 50
I assume you've all discovered LoK Discovers Shipping on DeviantART, right?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff