Welcome to Gaia! ::

Opinions?

Korra Rules! 0.1044776119403 10.4% [ 7 ]
I miss the old gAang... 0.25373134328358 25.4% [ 17 ]
There's still a chance for Zutara. 0.14925373134328 14.9% [ 10 ]
Iroh still rules! 0.044776119402985 4.5% [ 3 ]
Airbending is better than airplanes, because the lines are shorter. 0.044776119402985 4.5% [ 3 ]
Random is random. 0.014925373134328 1.5% [ 1 ]
Gold! 0.08955223880597 9.0% [ 6 ]
TOPH IS MELON LORD! AND LIN IS MELON KING! 0.29850746268657 29.9% [ 20 ]
Total Votes:[ 67 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 82 83 84 >

Kawaii Cub

I think the whole thing about bending taken away is that the world really has forsaken its meaning and what it's for

so maybe the whole series is about re-learning bending and finding its origins, which of course, are from the animals right?

so yes, i think Korra might lose all her bending skills and re-learn their purpose and meaning and where it comes from

she'll have to then of course, grow as a person as she grows to learn how to not depend solely on bending surprised
Euphoric Ghost
I think the whole thing about bending taken away is that the world really has forsaken its meaning and what it's for

so maybe the whole series is about re-learning bending and finding its origins, which of course, are from the animals right?

so yes, i think Korra might lose all her bending skills and re-learn their purpose and meaning and where it comes from

she'll have to then of course, grow as a person as she grows to learn how to not depend solely on bending surprised
I like this idea, but don't you think Korra should learn airbending before having the abilities being taken away? I always thought one of the main reasons it's Book One: Air is because of her not being good at airbending. It's a huge possibility she'll have her powers taken away, but we all know the show wouldn't be the same without the Avatar. Something in me is thinking that she'll tap into the Avatar State for the first time when threatened, which is looking like the next episode.

Kawaii Cub

Joksta

Avatar state early? Hrmmm. I haven't thought about her actually doing that.

Would be funny though if she does lose her powers, the first thing she masters is airbending, lol. It's possible right? But I'd say if she does lose all her powers, the first thing she learns is probably water because she's from that tribe, or fire 'cause well she's a fiery one.

The only thing I don't like about her possibly losing her powers is that it might be too similar to Aang's plight of traveling around the world to learn it. But I do like that idea that her power might be limited for personal/character growth purposes, but hopefully the journey to being avatar is not like Aang's.
Euphoric Ghost
Joksta

Avatar state early? Hrmmm. I haven't thought about her actually doing that.

Would be funny though if she does lose her powers, the first thing she masters is airbending, lol. It's possible right? But I'd say if she does lose all her powers, the first thing she learns is probably water because she's from that tribe, or fire 'cause well she's a fiery one.

The only thing I don't like about her possibly losing her powers is that it might be too similar to Aang's plight of traveling around the world to learn it. But I do like that idea that her power might be limited for personal/character growth purposes, but hopefully the journey to being avatar is not like Aang's.
Aang tapped into the Avatar state during the first episodes after being thrown off the Fire Nation ship, was younger than Korra and didn't master any element besides airbending. Korra is well due for an Avatar State moment, she's just never been put in a position to use it.

It would be funny and it would make sense if airbending was the key to her tapping into her spiritual side and getting bending back. Her masters told her she hasn't mastered that aspect of bending and Katara convinced them Tenzin would be good at doing that. There could be a number of ways that she isn't affected or gets back power after the anti-bending energy trick.
loosing her bending would be interesting but a little against what sets her apart from Aang keep in mind they have to resolve things in one season so they cant waist time retraining her. Its also too early in the series, it would be like if Azula took away Aang's avatar state powers on Kyoshy Island. Kind of like all those video games where you have all the powers and then some how loose them quickly.

Any how I clips and still shots of Aang talking to Korra and standing in her line of past lives, being a Rhoku sort of roll.

Its sort of the "you had it easy" roll. Korra was 3 years old or so when she was able to bend 3 ways its like being born in to wealth and not knowing how to work. So while she should have a moment to open her eyes It shouldn't be one that like lasts 20 episodes. Nor should it be an issue to resolve in 1 episode.
kaykeyser
loosing her bending would be interesting but a little against what sets her apart from Aang keep in mind they have to resolve things in one season so they cant waist time retraining her. Its also too early in the series, it would be like if Azula took away Aang's avatar state powers on Kyoshy Island. Kind of like all those video games where you have all the powers and then some how loose them quickly.

Any how I clips and still shots of Aang talking to Korra and standing in her line of past lives, being a Rhoku sort of roll.

Its sort of the "you had it easy" roll. Korra was 3 years old or so when she was able to bend 3 ways its like being born in to wealth and not knowing how to work. So while she should have a moment to open her eyes It shouldn't be one that like lasts 20 episodes. Nor should it be an issue to resolve in 1 episode.
Completely agree, I think it's too soon for her to lose bending abilities. That's why I mentioned her going into the Avatar state if threatened by Amon with this trick. It should be harder for him to perform this on Korra than anyone else. Seeing as this series is 2 seasons, there's a lot they need to cover.

Kawaii Cub

This series is only 2 seasons? D:

Anywho, did you guys catch the names of the other gangs? Like the Agna Kais, haha
Euphoric Ghost
This series is only 2 seasons? D:

Anywho, did you guys catch the names of the other gangs? Like the Agna Kais, haha
Yeah, for some reason I want Book 2 to be named Spirit because they ran out of elements.

I like the Triad gangs, what was the water and earth gangs called?
Joksta
kaykeyser

Completely agree, I think it's too soon for her to lose bending abilities. That's why I mentioned her going into the Avatar state if threatened by Amon with this trick. It should be harder for him to perform this on Korra than anyone else. Seeing as this series is 2 seasons, there's a lot they need to cover.

Another thing, the guy has a lot of points. Benders have started wars, have used bending in crimes but since WHEN is bending oppression? On top of that benders are a vital part of society since they apparently hold jobs at power plants and in your police force. Yes you COULD fight war on all benders and for a time people would love you for cleaning up the crime. but what happens when you start also going after heads of government, families, children, the police and fire department, the benders who just want to contribute to every day life and be good people? What happens when you go after the Pro benders? Do you also go after the animals? Also consider your ONE guy who has this skill, your followers only chi block if every one took you on at once expressly Toph and Aang's kids and there forces you wouldn't stand a chance. But I bet Korra will just end up getting arrested again id she keeps trying to save the day. in a way it IS a lot like Star Wars episode III, the extinction of the Jedi, the clones killed them because of programing, while every one else had to be convinced that they were more trouble then they were worth. but order 66 was a surprise attack. Also Nick would never kill younglings. So how will he take on the entire force of mettle benders and airbenders and all the others? or is his intent to get every one on his side and trick them some how, then get them in secret? even so a 1 at a time deal would be a long way to go and taking away benign on multiple targets would be crazy. I see our current villain as a Zuko type, a guy who unmasked is some one you trust and in defeat will have to become your friend to take on some one else who is pulling your strings. Clearly involving a confrontation with spirits too, hopefully a fight in the spirit world along side old friends.
kaykeyser
Joksta
kaykeyser

Another thing, the guy has a lot of points. Benders have started wars, have used bending in crimes but since WHEN is bending oppression? On top of that benders are a vital part of society since they apparently hold jobs at power plants and in your police force. Yes you COULD fight war on all benders and for a time people would love you for cleaning up the crime. but what happens when you start also going after heads of government, families, children, the police and fire department, the benders who just want to contribute to every day life and be good people? What happens when you go after the Pro benders? Do you also go after the animals? Also consider your ONE guy who has this skill, your followers only chi block if every one took you on at once expressly Toph and Aang's kids and there forces you wouldn't stand a chance. But I bet Korra will just end up getting arrested again id she keeps trying to save the day. in a way it IS a lot like Star Wars episode III, the extinction of the Jedi, the clones killed them because of programing, while every one else had to be convinced that they were more trouble then they were worth. but order 66 was a surprise attack. Also Nick would never kill younglings. So how will he take on the entire force of mettle benders and airbenders and all the others? or is his intent to get every one on his side and trick them some how, then get them in secret? even so a 1 at a time deal would be a long way to go and taking away benign on multiple targets would be crazy. I see our current villain as a Zuko type, a guy who unmasked is some one you trust and in defeat will have to become your friend to take on some one else who is pulling your strings. Clearly involving a confrontation with spirits too, hopefully a fight in the spirit world along side old friends.
I actually was thinking about all these things as well. It's stupid for Amon to want to erase benders when they contribute more to their society than harm it. I don't mind him taking away the bending of gang members since they're misusing the ability, but don't make every bender suffer. I would say it's like Star Wars in a way, but instead of killing they just take away power. Since this show does last a few seasons, Amon has to have some bigger plan and I hope the Spirit World is involved. Even after he takes away their abilities, what's stopping the angry people from coming after him for revenge?

8,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Flatterer 200
Joksta
Even after he takes away their abilities, what's stopping the angry people from coming after him for revenge?

Pizza. ;3

But, seriously, that's why I suspect Spirit World shenanigans.
Jasmine Dragon Iroh
Joksta
Even after he takes away their abilities, what's stopping the angry people from coming after him for revenge?

Pizza. ;3

Oh yes those delightfully rapscallions and there cute little pranks always up to some thing

Dangerous Gaian

9,400 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Noob wrangler 100

Dangerous Gaian

9,400 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
kaykeyser
Jasmine Dragon Iroh
Joksta

Pizza. ;3

Oh yes those delightfully rapscallions and there cute little pranks always up to some thing

Yes. Like those of Koh, the Face Stealer.

Melodious Loiterer

14,900 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Haha, it was a bit of a disappointment to see lightening being wielded by a thug when it used to be so cool to see it in the original show.

But I think the attack on the right to bend is a very interesting case to try to work through. I would have to say that the Fire Nation army had oppressed many non-benders of different nations, but probably less than they oppressed the benders of those nations. Still, some people may be holding on to family stories of fear and occupation (can anyone say Nazi Germany?) and are demonizing all benders for allowing a war to go on for so long. It does seem as though bending = power. Even if not all leaders were benders, they relied on the forces of benders.

I suppose the show's broad view is a look at globalization and how the ordinary or "normal" citizens are creating solutions to every day needs without relying on benders - eg: Satomobiles driven around instead of coal-fueled vehicles manned by fire-benders, etc. It would give them a sense of independence from the benders, and perhaps even a feeling of entitlement - a sort of "Look at what we can do without bending!" sort of cry.

Anyway, it is still early on and this is merely conjecture. :3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces