Welcome to Gaia! ::

Opinions?

Korra Rules! 0.079365079365079 7.9% [ 5 ]
I miss the old gAang... 0.26984126984127 27.0% [ 17 ]
There's still a chance for Zutara. 0.15873015873016 15.9% [ 10 ]
Iroh still rules! 0.047619047619048 4.8% [ 3 ]
Airbending is better than airplanes, because the lines are shorter. 0.047619047619048 4.8% [ 3 ]
Random is random. 0.015873015873016 1.6% [ 1 ]
Gold! 0.079365079365079 7.9% [ 5 ]
TOPH IS MELON LORD! AND LIN IS MELON KING! 0.3015873015873 30.2% [ 19 ]
Total Votes:[ 63 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 82 83 84 >
munfurawa
Yaaaaaaaay Ive already seen the first two eps on http://www.kivavatar.com/ ;3

My preference is still Comcast On Demand or on TV on one of many many times they reair it. I only use the internet for things Comcast on demand won't give me and that wont be on a lot frequently over the next few weeks. I have yet to figure out how often Comcast on demand will update its Korra listings but its cartoon network section brings new content every week.

8,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
I just called up Korra on Free on Demand, on Nick on Demand, on Cablevision channel 500.

8,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
"So, the Avatar has arrived early. It looks like we'll have to accelerate our plans."

What plans?

Who is Amon, and who is this "we" that he's talking about? Is he the front man for a group or organization?
Ursa the Major
"So, the Avatar has arrived early. It looks like we'll have to accelerate our plans."

What plans?

Who is Amon, and who is this "we" that he's talking about? Is he the front man for a group or organization?

and why were they expecting the Avatar to arrive and why is she early? were they manipulating her arrival? Is the main bad guy some one she knows or will know? A stranger? or maybe not the final bad guy of the series?

8,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
kaykeyser
Ursa the Major

What plans?

and why were they expecting the Avatar to arrive and why is she early? were they manipulating her arrival? Is the main bad guy some one she knows or will know? A stranger? or maybe not the final bad guy of the series?

Precisely! And the more questions that are almost but not quite answered, the more that seem to arise! Luckily, we're only up to episode three as of tomorrow.

8,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Flatterer 200
Some of us will need to reboot our televisions, in order to watch. @,@

8,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Flatterer 200
Current episdoe comment, whited out for those who cannot yet see it, and do not like spoilers.

So far, I think it is Koh, the Face Stealer. Amon claIMS TO HAVE HAD HIS FACE BURNT OFF BY A FIREBENDER; BUT WE KNOW ONE CHARACTER, WHO HASA "THING" FOR FACES.

Sorry abot the unintended capslock.
I think Amon may have had a visit with a giant lion turtle. Anyone else thinking this new trick he has won't work so easily on the Avatar?
Joksta
I think Amon may have had a visit with a giant lion turtle. Anyone else thinking this new trick he has won't work so easily on the Avatar?

If Jasmine Dragon Iroh is right that would explain a lot and I don't think Lion Turtles are the ONLY ones who can teach energy bending. however there could be more to the back story then we would assume from what was said if the writers are messing with us. I wounder if Amon is Lee from "Zuko alone"? Any how Korra needs to learn to top running around all emotional fighting 1st and asking questions 2nd she so lacks Aang's spiritual side and wisdom. I can't wait for the day he visits her and she has like an Avatar Sate chat with her past lives.

Kawaii Cub

Bender? Wear a hat
bender no more

Comments about episode whited out
I want to say the Avatar will lose her bending powers, but will have to re-learn it again, maybe work hard for all of it? But that kind of feels like it's too much? But it makes sense a little, to make the show longer?

I like how Firebenders can do lightning.
kaykeyser
Joksta

If Jasmine Dragon Iroh is right that would explain a lot and I don't think Lion Turtles are the ONLY ones who can teach energy bending. however there could be more to the back story then we would assume from what was said if the writers are messing with us. I wounder if Amon is Lee from "Zuko alone"? Any how Korra needs to learn to top running around all emotional fighting 1st and asking questions 2nd she so lacks Aang's spiritual side and wisdom. I can't wait for the day he visits her and she has like an Avatar Sate chat with her past lives.
I don't think he's Koh just because he wears a mask, that's not a good excuse for thinking he has a thing with faces when he said his face was burnt by a firebender. I like the idea that he's Lee, but I also am starting to think his real name is Amon and he's just a new villain character. I had a hunch before about people being bitter about the war still and him just being another one of the victims.

The lion turtle isn't the only one, he said before the age of bending people learned to bend the energy within their bodies. There's probably some way to teach this ability to anyone. I think this might be connected to chi-blocking in some way, but I'm not sure.

Kawaii Cub

We don't really have a lot of people here
couldn't we just have a warning that we'll talk about shows asap, haha.
Amon could be a 1st or last name, or it could be A. Mon, A man, Noma, Moan. A.M.O.N, Oman, Oma, Mano, Moan, Noma Amo N, whatever trying to decoad , Maybe we should say who it's NOT.

but that just made me over think how it could be Sokka by trying to say we know its not Sokka...Maybe when Katara said Her brother was dead she mean "He's Dead to me, nolonger the good man he once was hes twisted and evil...like Sokka isAnikin Skywalker and Amon is Darth Vader! Now that would be messed up.

"No Korra I am, you past life's bride's brother!"!

Korra "What does that make us?"

"Absolutely nothing!"

"I am Korra, you killed my father prepare to die!"

"How about a little fire scarecrow?"

"Frankly my dear I don't give a damn!"

"Badgermoles? I don't need no stinking Badermoles!"

(ok Im done never post after 2am.)

8,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Flatterer 200
I just watched the episode again. I'm pretty sure it's chi blocking that Amon uses. That, and fear.It doesn't look like Aang's spirit bending. At least, not in this episode.
Jasmine Dragon Iroh
I just watched the episode again. I'm pretty sure it's chi blocking that Amon uses. That, and fear.It doesn't look like Aang's spirit bending. At least, not in this episode.
I said that it might be connected to chi-blocking, they have similiar effects except one just wears off after awhile and the other is permanent. If you watched again, he does have the same stance Aang had while doing this trick with the hand on the head. It would also be extremely dangerous if he could teach this to other chi-blockers instead of it being solely him. I also have another theory about Korra being able to give bending to people as well as take it away.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games