Welcome to Gaia! ::

Miss-dark8607
Creativerealms
This was a good episode. I love Rat King's design in this show. He's a creepy character normally but they added more to the creepy factor since he was burned alive in the process of becoming the rat King. He reminds me of Scarecrow from The New Batman Adventures episodes of Batman TAS. The design is similar and same voice actor. I was surprised that Falco is the Rat King I figured he was just a one time filler villain and would never appear again.

Oh if people missed it yesterday Nick is still airing the Turtles at it's normal spot.

I KNEW IT! Or at leas had a hunch about the similar voice actors. xp *feels smart*

So what did you think about this week or last weeks "new Girl in town" I like how the shipping isn't too in our faces like some other series *cough* Korra *cough* cause let's be frank they are mutant turtles and ship teasing them with humans is still kind of gross. And even though I probably said it already I do like this version of Raph most of all. I don't see him as much as a spotlight stealer this time and I like that Leo is more down to Earth and doesn't have the whole holier than thou complex. So overall a damn good series. Hopefully it doesn't get cancel like so many other good series have.

It's not like the turtles have much of a choice. There are no female mutant turtles out there (Venis De Milo never existed and never will) they are teenagers, at that age where they have their first crush, it's only natural. Also the Leo/Karai pairing or at least a crush is pretty much there in every version. It's more obvious in this series but it was there in the 2003 cartoon as well. Hell even the 87 turtles had Lotus it's "Not Karai" who had a crush on Leo.

Also I find it no grosser then other inter species pairings. Seeing how one of my all time favorite cartoon pairings is Goliath and Eliza. I have watched Sci Fi shows, comics and cartoons for so long that pairings like that are not gross at all.

Anyway I like this Karai, she is very different from any version of the character, being a wild child and free spirit instead of the noble honor bound warrior she normally is. However It works in this show as she represents something Leo is not and that is why he's interested in her.

Dangerous Visionary

Creativerealms

It's not like the turtles have much of a choice. There are no female mutant turtles out there (Venis De Milo never existed and never will) they are teenagers, at that age where they have their first crush, it's only natural. Also the Leo/Karai pairing or at least a crush is pretty much there in every version. It's more obvious in this series but it was there in the 2003 cartoon as well. Hell even the 87 turtles had Lotus it's "Not Karai" who had a crush on Leo.

Also I find it no grosser then other inter species pairings. Seeing how one of my all time favorite cartoon pairings is Goliath and Eliza. I have watched Sci Fi shows, comics and cartoons for so long that pairings like that are not gross at all.

Anyway I like this Karai, she is very different from any version of the character, being a wild child and free spirit instead of the noble honor bound warrior she normally is. However It works in this show as she represents something Leo is not and that is why he's interested in her.

Yeah I don't remember Sailor Venus being in TMNT emotion_awesome I guess I really haven't been into too many Sci fi stuff so the the whole inter species thing kind of creeps me out still. (Even stuff like Donkey and Dragon or Jake and Lady Raincorn its like LOL WUT!?) I know they all contenting fictional beings but still EW.

Anyway yeah totally digging all the characters thus far. Can't wait for Casey though. Really hoping the show gets picked up for Casey.
Miss-dark8607
Creativerealms

Yeah I don't remember Sailor Venus being in TMNT emotion_awesome I guess I really haven't been into too many Sci fi stuff so the the whole inter species thing kind of creeps me out still. (Even stuff like Donkey and Dragon or Jake and Lady Raincorn its like LOL WUT!?) I know they all contenting fictional beings but still EW.

Anyway yeah totally digging all the characters thus far. Can't wait for Casey though. Really hoping the show gets picked up for Casey.

The bad news is no Casey in season one. the good news is season two has already been announced and Casey will be in it. The show seems to be doing well enough that Nick did that "Total Turtle Takeover" Friday two weeks in a row when it was suppose to be a one time thing. Friday Night is IMO a better time for premiered then Saturday Morning since there is too much competition on Saturday Mornings.

Sure Nick can still screw over this show but it actually looks to be going strong so far.

Dangerous Visionary

Creativerealms

The bad news is no Casey in season one. the good news is season two has already been announced and Casey will be in it. The show seems to be doing well enough that Nick did that "Total Turtle Takeover" Friday two weeks in a row when it was suppose to be a one time thing. Friday Night is IMO a better time for premiered then Saturday Morning since there is too much competition on Saturday Mornings.

Sure Nick can still screw over this show but it actually looks to be going strong so far.

Yeah I know about Casey already I was just worried since well if CN can axe two of its biggest shows on Saturday then anything can happen. And Cartoons nowadays just get treated like crap by networks. I mean look at Robot and Monster, Gravity Falls, and even the Looney Tunes (newest) they are off and on at will and don't get as promoted as the live action crap. Then again I'm really shocked that Regular Show and Adventure time gets the air time it has.... but then there's Spongebob. stare

Yeah I would prefer they aired it on Fridays as well.
Miss-dark8607
Creativerealms

Yeah I know about Casey already I was just worried since well if CN can axe two of its biggest shows on Saturday then anything can happen. And Cartoons nowadays just get treated like crap by networks. I mean look at Robot and Monster, Gravity Falls, and even the Looney Tunes (newest) they are off and on at will and don't get as promoted as the live action crap. Then again I'm really shocked that Regular Show and Adventure time gets the air time it has.... but then there's Spongebob. stare

Yeah I would prefer they aired it on Fridays as well.

The difference is that a second season has been announced. It's not like a new season of Young Justice was announced and THEN the show was cancelled. Very rarely does a second season get annouced yet it never happens because the show is cancelled. When that happens it's due to funding reasons (Wolverine and the X-men) so Turtles will get season two.

Oh and you said it yourself on another topic that Green Lantern and Young Justice are FAR from Cartoon Network's biggest shows because they don't capture the correct target audience. The wrong people are watching the shows that is what killed them. Also I'm pretty sure they are the lowest rated shows on Saturday morning so they are far from "The best." It's clear they never cared about DC nation and it's only a time filler.

Ah Looney Toons show show has not been on and off at will. It has had a pretty consistent spot. It just had a long break between season one and two. Your right about the other shows though. It's FAR from being treated like crap, especially compared to shows Cartoon Network actually treats like crap like Scooby Doo Mysteries Inc.

Oh and as far as I'm concerned Cartoon Network never promotes live action and there is none on the channel. I zone it out. It's called Cartoon Network so all it airs is cartoons. Always has and always will as long as it's called cartoon Network.

Out of sight out of mind and I am out of my mind. xd

End rant.

Dangerous Visionary

Creativerealms

The difference is that a second season has been announced. It's not like a new season of Young Justice was announced and THEN the show was cancelled. Very rarely does a second season get annouced yet it never happens because the show is cancelled. When that happens it's due to funding reasons (Wolverine and the X-men) so Turtles will get season two.

Oh and you said it yourself on another topic that Green Lantern and Young Justice are FAR from Cartoon Network's biggest shows because they don't capture the correct target audience. The wrong people are watching the shows that is what killed them. Also I'm pretty sure they are the lowest rated shows on Saturday morning so they are far from "The best." It's clear they never cared about DC nation and it's only a time filler.

Ah Looney Toons show show has not been on and off at will. It has had a pretty consistent spot. It just had a long break between season one and two. Your right about the other shows though. It's FAR from being treated like crap, especially compared to shows Cartoon Network actually treats like crap like Scooby Doo Mysteries Inc.

Oh and as far as I'm concerned Cartoon Network never promotes live action and there is none on the channel. I zone it out. It's called Cartoon Network so all it airs is cartoons. Always has and always will as long as it's called cartoon Network.

End rant.

LOL same here. And yeah what I meant by the whole "biggest thing" is that well to the mis-aimed market that it did attract it was BIG. Usually Young justice is kind of trending for a few hours on Twitter and Tumblr explodes every Saturday and Sunday however as said in the other thread. The Networks as well as Cable/Sat are just trapped in the 20th century so we will never know how well either show really has done.

Kind of wish DC Nation was on the Hub more and more these days. After all they have BTAS, BB, STAS, and even Lois/Clark! (If they showed them altogether that's actually a pretty damn good retro line up) wink

Anyways I am worried that once Korra comes back or some live action series comes about that TMNT may get trapped in reruns and hiatus. (It seems to happen to a lot of the newer Nicktoons before they just die quietly and shipped off to Nicktoons)
Miss-dark8607
Creativerealms

End rant.

LOL same here. And yeah what I meant by the whole "biggest thing" is that well to the mis-aimed market that it did attract it was BIG. Usually Young justice is kind of trending for a few hours on Twitter and Tumblr explodes every Saturday and Sunday however as said in the other thread. The Networks as well as Cable/Sat are just trapped in the 20th century so we will never know how well either show really has done.

Kind of wish DC Nation was on the Hub more and more these days. After all they have BTAS, BB, STAS, and even Lois/Clark! (If they showed them altogether that's actually a pretty damn good retro line up) wink

Anyways I am worried that once Korra comes back or some live action series comes about that TMNT may get trapped in reruns and hiatus. (It seems to happen to a lot of the newer Nicktoons before they just die quietly and shipped off to Nicktoons)

Too true. I remember that Penquines and (Gah) Fanboy and Chum Chum did nearly Spongebob level ratings on Nick at first and the moment those ratings started to drop Nick screwed over both shows and shipped them over to Nicktoons to die. Also I fear that might be the fate of the Kung Fu Panda series. (Which I actually like)

I'm hoping Turtles does not suffer the same fate, I am feeling hopeful since it was given only a short break and then returned.

You know Nick could balance Turtles and Korra easily. air a season of Korra in Spring/Summer and a season of Turtles in Fall/Winter and switch off between the two. That already seems to be happening.

Dangerous Visionary

Creativerealms

Too true. I remember that Penquines and (Gah) Fanboy and Chum Chum did nearly Spongebob level ratings on Nick at first and the moment those ratings started to drop Nick screwed over both shows and shipped them over to Nicktoons to die. Also I fear that might be the fate of the Kung Fu Panda series. (Which I actually like)

I'm hoping Turtles does not suffer the same fate, I am feeling hopeful since it was given only a short break and then returned.

You know Nick could balance Turtles and Korra easily. air a season of Korra in Spring/Summer and a season of Turtles in Fall/Winter and switch off between the two. That already seems to be happening.

LOL @ the Gah part, XD It was a horrible series but even it didn't need to die like that. Yeah its pretty much happened to Robot and Monster which okay I admit I liked it mainly because Curtis Armstrong is in it and I can't help but think of Dan trapped in a robot body now. lol Yeah Kung Fu Panda probably will end up there too. I wish the Network were smart enough to do that but LOL nope they will probably try airing both Korra and TMNT so they can compete against CN next Fall. rolleyes

Dangerous Visionary

Wow we haven't posted in a while. Anyway I think that was possible the season finale (not sure) but OMG what a way to leave everyone hanging.

Don't believe Leather head is dead. Why is April so special? And still can't wait for Casey.
The season is going to be twenty Six episodes long. This was only episode seven teen. There are still nine episodes to go.

As for Leatherhead, there was zero indication that he was killed. It was clear (to me anyway) that he sent the Rock Soldier back to Dimension X and went with him. He's still alive and the Turtles will save him later.

Dangerous Visionary

Creativerealms
The season is going to be twenty Six episodes long. This was only episode seven teen. There are still nine episodes to go.

As for Leatherhead, there was zero indication that he was killed. It was clear (to me anyway) that he sent the Rock Soldier back to Dimension X and went with him. He's still alive and the Turtles will save him later.

YAY! Dish Network screws up episode titles and numbers all the time so it gets confusing. Yeah that was feeling as well though it was heartbreaking seeing Mikey like that.

Unbeatable Hunter

I hope Leatherhead doesn't get tortured and temporarily/permanently turn on the turtles, his rage shtick was already a handful.

Wonder how they'll wrap this season up. I'm glad to see more of the kraang plot explained.

6,150 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Autobiographer 200
One thing that's been bugging me for a while is that Donatello's English Voice reminded me of someone from another TV show I watched who had that Exact same Voice, But I couldn't remember who it was.User Image And Now I REMEMBER who it was!

Donatello's English Voice Actor (Rob Paulsen) is the Same English Voice Actor who did "Rev Runner" from Loonatics Unleashed!

emotion_awesome emotion_awesome emotion_awesome emotion_awesome
Nine_Tails137
One thing that's been bugging me for a while is that Donatello's English Voice reminded me of someone from another TV show I watched who had that Exact same Voice, But I couldn't remember who it was.User Image And Now I REMEMBER who it was!

Donatello's English Voice Actor (Rob Paulsen) is the Same English Voice Actor who did "Rev Runner" from Loonatics Unleashed!

emotion_awesome emotion_awesome emotion_awesome emotion_awesome

Ah well it's worse to me since Don reminds me of Raph from the 1987 Ninja Turtles. Once again same voice actor.

Dangerous Visionary

Speaking on VA's I do wish Mako was still alive. He made the best Master Splinter in my opinion.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff