Welcome to Gaia! ::

Miss-dark8607
Took long enough to address the missing dad issue. April got her moxie back so everything is awesome in this show.

It looks like it will be focused on more often. The next episode and episode nine both seem to deal with the Kraang arc and April's father.

Honestly I want the turtles to fight shredder already. i really hope they are not keeping him for the end of the season. I am far more interested in the Foot Arc then the Krang arc.

Also the Purple Dragon Street Gang are showing up soon. I am crossing my fingers that Hun leads them.

Dangerous Visionary

Creativerealms
Miss-dark8607
Took long enough to address the missing dad issue. April got her moxie back so everything is awesome in this show.

It looks like it will be focused on more often. The next episode and episode nine both seem to deal with the Kraang arc and April's father.

Honestly I want the turtles to fight shredder already. i really hope they are not keeping him for the end of the season. I am far more interested in the Foot Arc then the Krang arc.

Also the Purple Dragon Street Gang are showing up soon. I am crossing my fingers that Hun leads them.

I think your predictions might come true and I do think they will fight Shedder at the end because it makes sense story wise. They are too green newbish to take on someone like him yet and it wouldn't be a fun fight to see. I rather they wait till they are a lot more complex and better coordinated as a team.

edit: UGH I have to stop saying green when its TMNT. Its an awful pun.
Miss-dark8607
Creativerealms
Miss-dark8607

I think your predictions might come true and I do think they will fight Shedder at the end because it makes sense story wise. They are too green newbish to take on someone like him yet and it wouldn't be a fun fight to see. I rather they wait till they are a lot more complex and better coordinated as a team.

I don't know they are no more "green" then the 2003 turtles were when they first fought shredder. There can be some enjoyment seeing the heroes getting their asses handed to them. then again this is not the 2003 show, I doubt they want to have these turtles lose against shredder more times then they win.

Yeah Green is a bad pun for the turtles.

Dapper Dabbler

It makes me sad when the other turtles are mean to Mikey (especially because a lot of his 'stupid' moments aren't really that stupid? He's just kinda flighty and ridiculously naive and doesn't keep his attention on anyone thing for a long time, but like usually they're rolling their eyes at him for naming things very literal names or being silly or clumsy or idk, telling them about alien robots before they can believe in alien robots) but I really like this portrayal of him. He really seems like a kid! And he's great for exposition, too, because when he doesn't understand Leo's secret plans Leo can explain them to Mikey and by doing so, explain them to the audience!

Basically I think he's adorable, and really wonderfully kid-friendly.

Timid Friend

Sylver Starjem
My overall impression is that I liked the premiere and now I have high expectations. I didn't really get into the comics, but I was a fan of the late 80's cartoon and I loved the movies--well the first two. I have a grasp on the various comic book versions, Mirage and Archie and Image, because my friend was a bigger fan. There are some things I liked about the 2012 version and some things I'm just waiting to see if it grows on me. The CGI animation has already grown on me, it took a few watches but I think I'm starting to like it. I really love the voice cast...Sean Astin, that really tickled me. I like the dynamic and individualism between the turtles and I enjoy the comedy. I will have to get used to April as a teenager since I always kind of viewed her as the mother figure to the turtles...and I'll have to get used to the origin story for Splinter since I personally prefer him as Hamato Yoshi's pet rat. Other than that I was pretty impressed...though I'm still holding out for the "cowabunga"...I know the other expressions are a little dated, but "cowabunga" is a must!

moo cant have a good mikey without it cause its his thing~ o3o

though it might not show up in this version of the turtles for a while~ ; o;

well people will have to get used to the new phrase cause it looks like its there to stay~ =3

atleast the new phrase isnt being looked at the same way as the idea for them to be aliens o -o;;
tweenwolf
It makes me sad when the other turtles are mean to Mikey (especially because a lot of his 'stupid' moments aren't really that stupid? He's just kinda flighty and ridiculously naive and doesn't keep his attention on anyone thing for a long time, but like usually they're rolling their eyes at him for naming things very literal names or being silly or clumsy or idk, telling them about alien robots before they can believe in alien robots) but I really like this portrayal of him. He really seems like a kid! And he's great for exposition, too, because when he doesn't understand Leo's secret plans Leo can explain them to Mikey and by doing so, explain them to the audience!

Basically I think he's adorable, and really wonderfully kid-friendly.

I see the teasing as friendly brotherly teasing. It's not just aimed at Mikey, Donny got his share in the latest episode after he told his brother he got beaten by a monkey.

Anyway I don't see this Mikey as that stupid, I see his "stupidity" more as him being nieve. He does not know this world and how it works. Also mutant turtles have no reason to believe in alien robots. Come on they are mutant turtles.

Dangerous Visionary

Creativerealms
Miss-dark8607
Creativerealms
Miss-dark8607

I don't know they are no more "green" then the 2003 turtles were when they first fought shredder. There can be some enjoyment seeing the heroes getting their asses handed to them. then again this is not the 2003 show, I doubt they want to have these turtles lose against shredder more times then they win.

Yeah this is like the Batman brave and bold version for TMMNT and I like it. Like I said recently in the other threads not all the superheros have to be all dark and moody. They can fun and light and still be in character.

Melodious Gentlewoman

25,990 Points
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
I'm loving this series so far. Haven't missed one episode! cat_smile
Miss-dark8607
Creativerealms
Miss-dark8607
Creativerealms
Miss-dark8607

Yeah this is like the Batman brave and bold version for TMMNT and I like it. Like I said recently in the other threads not all the superheros have to be all dark and moody. They can fun and light and still be in character.

Agreed. When balancing comedy and action there is a good way to do it and a bad way. Ultimate Spider-man and teen Titans went the wrong way while this show and Brave and the bold went the right way.

Majikina's Wife

Green Darling

I think it's been a really good series so far.

Like for the episode that was on earlier today, "Never Say Xever", the fighting in the episode was very graceful looking in my opinion which makes it very appealing to the eyes.

Dangerous Visionary

Creativerealms

Agreed. When balancing comedy and action there is a good way to do it and a bad way. Ultimate Spider-man and teen Titans went the wrong way while this show and Brave and the bold went the right way.

Yup.
I still like
the new show, this one
was good, and now the Turtles got
a place to hang in a noodle shop!

Also shows Leo growing more
as a leader
The latest episode was the best yet.

I really enjoy the team of Xever and Chris Bradford. Both could not be more different. One is a disciplined ninja and the other is an unpredictable street punk. they don't like each other but their very different styles help each other out. It kind of saddens me that chances are these two eill become Shredder's mutant sidekicks.

Dangerous Visionary

Creativerealms
The latest episode was the best yet.

I really enjoy the team of Xever and Chris Bradford. Both could not be more different. One is a disciplined ninja and the other is an unpredictable street punk. they don't like each other but their very different styles help each other out. It kind of saddens me that chances are these two eill become Shredder's mutant sidekicks.

Probably. But maybe it won't be a bad thing?
It's a fantastic show, definitely. But the animation resembles clay animation way too much sometimes.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff