Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Lunatic

Creativerealms
Im Rinny
ℜinny says: I don't think I could give it a chance. The animation is too fugly to look at for very long.

It always annoys me when people confuse animation and art style. They are not the same thing. It's the art style you think is ugly. Animation is how smooth/fluid the characters move not how they look.

Anyway What's wrong with the art? they don't look ugly to me. The only problem I have is the eyes for the turtles are too big. Besides that i see nothing wrong with the art style. Anyway you should still give the show a chance. it's pretty good.

Yes i love this show's Mikey while he seems a bit dumb it's less actual stupidity and more ignorance or just being nieve. I mean the Turtles do not know what the real world is like or how things function.
ℜinny says: Just because it's smooth that doesn't mean it's not fugly. I hate the fact that it's CGi. It's a complete insult and doesn't suit it at all. The art style is ugly to me also.

Tipsy Senshi

18,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
I'm not sure its really the art style that bothers me. I've seen that style of the trutles translated fairly accurately into traditional media and they look fine. Its the CGI that I have problems with or more accurately, its the textures that they're using with the CGI. I don't like the texture they're using for the turtles skin, for fur, or clothing...it just doesn't look finished to me. Their bandanas also really bug me, half the time they look more like face paint than cloth.

It does at least look better than some of the other CGI cartoon shows right now though. I'll give it that much. Besides, its not like the art style or animation is going to keep me from watching the show anyways.

Intergalactic Sweetheart

It's pretty good. I like the first four episodes. I also like that it is a balance of the previous two cartons while adding something new to make it stand apart. I like some of the new mutants...and my daughter loves it.

Dangerous Visionary

Hmm seems like it may not be MOTW format after all but Idk. I just hope that Nick doesn't pull a CN and keep airing TMNT through the season. (Its the only thing I have on Saturday now well old eps of JLU too but eh)

Shirtless Phantom

I fricking love it. If you can't accept 3D animation is the next big thing on the cartoon market then I'm sorry for you lol, you're missing out on some great stuff.
the cg animation is great and the character designs for the turtles are very charming
the writing is very good so far as well

there has been a lot of great cgi cartoons this year im glad
Im Rinny
Creativerealms
Im Rinny
ℜinny says: I don't think I could give it a chance. The animation is too fugly to look at for very long.

It always annoys me when people confuse animation and art style. They are not the same thing. It's the art style you think is ugly. Animation is how smooth/fluid the characters move not how they look.

Anyway What's wrong with the art? they don't look ugly to me. The only problem I have is the eyes for the turtles are too big. Besides that i see nothing wrong with the art style. Anyway you should still give the show a chance. it's pretty good.

Yes i love this show's Mikey while he seems a bit dumb it's less actual stupidity and more ignorance or just being nieve. I mean the Turtles do not know what the real world is like or how things function.
ℜinny says: Just because it's smooth that doesn't mean it's not fugly. I hate the fact that it's CGi. It's a complete insult and doesn't suit it at all. The art style is ugly to me also.

So you hate it because it's CG and no other reason? I hate mindless CG biased and I really feel it has to stop. You still clearly don't know the difference between animation and art style Anamation can't be ugly because it's not a visual thing. Animation is a movement thing. Your always looking at the art style.

You have not said what's ugly about it. You say it "does not suit it" but you don't explain why or how. This comes off just mindless CG hate. Just because it's CG does not mean it's ugly. Can you give me a real answer why it's ugly or did I hit the nail on the head, that you hate CG because it's CG and nothing else.

As someone who studied CG animation and knows how much work is put into it to make it look good, I really hate the misconceptions it gets. Like how it's easier or how it's cheaper then traditional animation it's not.

Dangerous Visionary

Baxtar keeping his role as meta butt monkey=more reason to love this series.
So long as Baxter does not become a fly I'm fine. But yeah butt-monkey is a role every version of Baxter Stockman plays. That man never gets a break.

Shirtless Phantom

Loved Baxter, a really fun episode. Also, agreeing w/ everyone that BOY AM I GLAD HE DIDN'T TURN INTO A FLY.
This show already has plenty of mutant villains there will be four mutant villains that I know of, who who have been introduced and two who are showing up later. There is also Leatherhead but he might not be a villain. I hope he's an ally since the Turtles so far lack alleys. There is only April so far.

For Baxter I prefer it if he becomes a Cyborg but i can't see this series mutilating Baxter.

Shirtless Phantom

Excited about next episode, it looks like it'll focus on Donatello. Metalhead looks great. biggrin

Dangerous Visionary

CLIFFJUMPERS
Excited about next episode, it looks like it'll focus on Donatello. Metalhead looks great. biggrin

This or (that) episode was boss. Glad to see they finally address April and her missing dad.
Creativerealms
It was actually pretty good. I did not have much hope for this show.

I am a HUGE Teenage Mutant ninja Turtles fan. I mean I grew up with the original cartoon and it was the greatest cartoon ever back then. My older brother was a comic book collector and he had the original comic so when I was a little older I started enjoying that and loved them. Then the movies came out xd the first two were great and the third one was a disappointment.

Then flash forward to 2003 I was older my tastes in cartoons matured and I gave the new Turtles a chance. It quickly became one of my all time favorite cartoons. I still like the 1987 cartoon but as I got older I found that show to be too cheesy. I wanted a cartoon closer to the original comics and I got that with TMNT 2003. The show was not perfect but it ended up on a high note, honestly if I never saw another TMNT cartoon after Turtles Forever I would not be disappointed.

I had lots of fears for this new Turtles cartoon. I don't have much faith in current Nick and the people making the show seem to believe the 1987 turtles is the only version. I was afraid this show would be too much like that show and end up as a cheap imitation. What I was hoping for was a balance between the 87 turtles and the 2003 turtles. For the show to have equal focus on comedy and action and to do both well.

I am pleased to say that's exactly what I got. Now I would say that the show is no where near as good as 2003 was and even the 87 series is better during the early seasons but the first two episodes were very strong and if the show will at least be fun. Though I will say this the Turtle's origin sucks in this show, it's always been a silly origin but it's just a mess here. Splinter's personal backstory is great though.

As a Turtles fan I am pleased to say that the mean green team has scored another hit.
I didnt really like it buts its not that bad still i prefer the bad a** ones those guys are cool

Dangerous Visionary

Took long enough to address the missing dad issue. April got her moxie back so everything is awesome in this show.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff