Welcome to Gaia! ::

Faol_Cailin
Cy-Spacer
Faol_Cailin
Blaze the Fire Dragon
Wow, kind of makes me sad that I'm the minority here.
It just shows you what kind of stupidity we're dealing with in regards to CN's "target audience". The fact that they (Cartoon Network) would do this to Teen Titans is almost painful to see. And to add insult to injury, they cancelled Young Justice in order to replace it with this absolute crap. I don't care what kind of hateful replies this gets me, you all know it's true!

Young Justice was the reason I got up on Saturdays, and I am extremely upset they canceled it. Even though I so far like the new Titans, I would much rather have had YJ continued. But the two shows are fundamentally different: YJ is a serious superhero show and TTG is a slice of life superhero show. In my perfect world we'd have both on TV.

Regarding Cartoon Network in general, I had a whole host of things to say about them in another thread. Basically, I think CN does need to improve, but recently I think it has been making some small steps in that direction (even if they also take a few back),
Just thinking about how they ended YJ and then cancelled it makes me want to either cry or scream. crying It's just awful. Did you participate in the Mass Messaging Day campaign? They had a rally outside on CN's HQ, and I wish I had been able to go. Not that any of that seems to have done any good, though. If it weren't for Toonami on Saturday nights, I wouldn't be watching CN anymore at all. On that note, I don't think I've seen any improvment at all, just the opposite actually. Maybe it's just me, but it's as if their shows are just getting dumber and dumber. stare

As someone who has watched Cartoon Network since the channel started I don't believe the shows have gotten dumber and dumber. There have always been some really dumb comedies on the channel. The channel is worse then it use to be but that's due to the channels countless failed attempts at live action which never belonged on the channel. While I do feel action cartoons are poorly treated on CN I feel that it still has some great shows. I don't think Adventure Time or Regular Show are dumb at all.AT is actually deceptively deep.

Of course I only speak for my self.

And as I already said regardless how you feel about this show it should not be blamed for the death of Young Justice. Cartoon network ending shows prematurely is nothing new and UK actually did better then some.

Heart Hunter

9,650 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Divorced 100
  • Full closet 200
Pikachew
Faol_Cailin
Preach it, girl. Raven was my favourite character and they absolutely ruined her. I loved her because she wasn't into all that stupid, random girly stuff, because she was so indifferent, and they completely took that away. Now it's as if she and Starfire could take trips to the mall and get their hair done. Speaking of Starfire, I think they've made her even more clueless than before, if such a thing is possible. And since when does she care that much about her hair, anyway? As for the others, I agree that BB is pretty much the same, but he's now being overshadowed by everyone else because it's like they're trying to make the whole team just as funny, and it's not working for me. Robin is supposed to be much more serious, I really can't see him riding through the market on one of those buggies just for fun. Cyborg wasn't as bad, I thought, but he still wasn't himself either. It really was like a slap in the face to the fans of the original show. Cancelling a show is bad enough, but I really can't imagine anything worse than doing this to a show. It's awful. Just--Awful. That's the best word for it, really.

I understand it's a comedy, but the show's so dumb and predictable, you could have replaced them with anyone else and it would still be the SAME show.

They used the Teen Titans because they wanted some attention (both positive and negative) thrown in their direction. They're greedy, narcissistic turds who replaced a good show with some ultra westernized looking, flash animated trash. They might as well turn the Justice League into a sitcom while they're at it.
Yeah, I know. They shouldn't have even used the Teen Titans at all. I don't know why, but I watched another episode last night--I guess I just get some sick thrill from toturing myself--, and it was even worse than the first one! I didn't think that was even possible! *hangs head* I feel like I should be in mourning, they've absolutely killed these characters. Oh God, no, not the Justice League, I couldn't handle it! gonk

Wheezing Ladykiller

11,100 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Love Machine 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
I finally saw an episode of the show by chance and god was it bad. The comedy wasn't even funny to me, if anything it was just idiotic. The show makes the teens look like total self absorbed, mean spirited idiots (at least in the second episode) and completely out of character too. Starfire by far annoys me the most as her mannerisms are completely gone, replaced with stating the obvious to the viewers as to hold their hand during the scenes. The hand holding is also an issue with me as it really shows that even the writers don't know what they are doing or they think kids are dumb as rocks these days. stare

Magical Trickster

19,950 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Survivor 150

+.♦.+ Dragon Goddess +.♦.+

I dunno....

I just can't stand the new Robin.... sweatdrop

-~--~-
The show is kinda awsome even tho the original was waaaaaaaaaayyyyyy better.

Supercharged Hellraiser

10,825 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
CN is aiming it more towards kids and making it more random because the random factor in some of their shows has seemed to work (Adventure Time, Regular Show, ect.) and maybe the torch has been passed to Young Justice, but i will always miss the original Teen Titans.

Benevolent Cutesmasher

14,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Was a bit of a backhand for those of use who liked the original series, Young Justice filled that void but this is just to silly for my taste.

Dangerous Visionary

ITT adults complaining about shows that meant for them in mind. Wow this is just like WWE Saturday morning slam complaints

Hygienic Humorist

Eh, it's slightly amusing, but what can you expect? From a little kids perspective, it does exactly what it's supposed to do: entertain, humor, relate.

We're no longer their target audience, so I didn't expect it to be this glorious blast from the past sort of thing.

It's funny and cute though.

Benevolent Hunter

More like Teen Titans, NO!
I liked it. I actually find it rather cute, and funny.

I'll continue to watch it until its discontinued. Although, I would rather have more actiony storyline.

Dapper Phantom

9,100 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
i really like it, it's not supposed to be taken seriously like teen titans, teen titans, Go! is short and sweet and very silly and enjoyable for me, this is coming from someone who hates pretty much every show on cartoon network
I think it's a kids show, for kids, and it's stupid to compare it to a completely different show just because they have the same subject matter.

Newbie Gaian

650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
no new episodes...
When it comes to cartoons, it's not too terrible (but some of the humor seems forced). However, it suffers in comparison with the original Teen Titans.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff