Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unbeatable Conversationalist

8,400 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Voter 100
  • First step to fame 200
Created by Rebecca Sugar who used to work on the show Adventure Time. She is responsible for the emotional feels in the AT episode Simon and Marcy. So it's no surprise this show Steven Universe will have you riding an emotional roller coaster of feels.

Nearly every single character is either likeable or something you can related to one way or another. The writing is hell of witty and well delivered. The art is ******** beautiful.

We need to discuss this show pronto!

So let's begin.

What's your favorite character/s and why?
What's your most hated character/s and why?
Favorite episode?
Non-favorite episode?
What do you wish to see from this series?

Edited: HOLY SHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIITITTTTTT111!!!1!1!!
Season 5 rockets out of the starting gate. New information about who killed Pink Diamond. Lars is literally a brand new person. So much to take in. I don't know what to do with myself.

IRL Noob

Hikarulawl
Why is nobody is talking about this great show?

Created by Rebecca Sugar who used to work on the show Adventure Time. She is responsible for the emotional feels in the AT episode Simon and Marcy. So it's no surprise this show Steven Universe will have you riding an emotional roller coaster of feels.

Nearly every single character is either likeable or something you can related to one way or another. The writing is hell of witty and well delivered. The art is ******** beautiful.

So let's begin.

Favorite episode?
Non-favorite episode?

User Image

i..actually came to this forum to make a similar thread so seeing yours its..wow, thank you! the thing i'd love to know above all about this show is if the average age of the audience coincides with the age of the target audience, mostly bc so far, from what ive seen, the most excited people about this show are either teens (16-17) or young adults (20-ish) so..im kinda curious
leaving that aside, i absolutely adore almost all of the characters. My favourite, if i really have to pick one, has to be Garnet, bc she's *so* badass and cool and flawless and everything about her is just uuughhh but the character that i identify the most with is Amethyst. I really love the fact that all the characters are so complex and real-like with both qualities and flaws and so beautifully constructed as individuals, a thing that is so rare nowadays in almost every form of media. I really cant say that i hate any of the characters but i have to say that, after "joking victim" i kinda started to dislike Lars :T i hope he redeems himself somehow though
If i had to pick a favourite episode, i'm going to go with Giant woman, mostly bc of that adorable song QwQ but also Steven and the Stevens bc, wow (also Coach Steven!!). I guess this could change tho bc we still have the last 2 episodes. I cant really say that i have a non-favourite episode ;u; and i really wanna know more about gems and gem culture, stuff that hopefully will be revealed in the next episodes (im so excited! QvQ )
What about you? also, what did you think about the last two episodes? Do you have any expectations for the upcoming ones? User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Merry Supporter

23,000 Points
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Bonfire Starter 500
I saw the pilot and instantly liked it

8,400 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Voter 100
  • First step to fame 200
Prince Fawn
Hikarulawl

So let's begin.

Favorite episode?
Non-favorite episode?

User Image

i..actually came to this forum to make a similar thread so seeing yours its..wow, thank you! the thing i'd love to know above all about this show is if the average age of the audience coincides with the age of the target audience, mostly bc so far, from what ive seen, the most excited people about this show are either teens (16-17) or young adults (20-ish) so..im kinda curious
leaving that aside, i absolutely adore almost all of the characters. My favourite, if i really have to pick one, has to be Garnet, bc she's *so* badass and cool and flawless and everything about her is just uuughhh but the character that i identify the most with is Amethyst. I really love the fact that all the characters are so complex and real-like with both qualities and flaws and so beautifully constructed as individuals, a thing that is so rare nowadays in almost every form of media. I really cant say that i hate any of the characters but i have to say that, after "joking victim" i kinda started to dislike Lars :T i hope he redeems himself somehow though
If i had to pick a favourite episode, i'm going to go with Giant woman, mostly bc of that adorable song QwQ but also Steven and the Stevens bc, wow (also Coach Steven!!). I guess this could change tho bc we still have the last 2 episodes. I cant really say that i have a non-favourite episode ;u; and i really wanna know more about gems and gem culture, stuff that hopefully will be revealed in the next episodes (im so excited! QvQ )
What about you? also, what did you think about the last two episodes? Do you have any expectations for the upcoming ones? User Image

I'm glad I'm not the only one who shared the same sentiments. I'm not certain what the intended audience was suppose to be, but as you said, older teens and 20 somethings year old are attracted to this show. Hell I'm nearing 30 and I adore this show. It's quiet refreshing to see a show with well structure characters with realistic flaws and attributes. And it's true. We don't see many shows, especially in other genre that have well define characters.

Now my favorite character by just a little since it's so hard to choose, will have to be Pearl. She is so easily emotional because she cares too much. I can't even visualize her not giving a ******** about anything. Oh and how motherly she acts towards Steven is so sweet. Hell all three of the Gems provide a role as Steven's parental guardians. Pearl is definitely plays to the mother. Amethyst plays the cool older sister. Garnet basically the father in this role. Sure Steven has Greg but come on. He's not much of a role model but he means well.
Speaking about Greg. If I had to choose a less favorite character; it would be him. He's too much of a lazy bum. Which kinda reminds me of my dad. There both bums that live in their vans.

As for the two part episode, I'm surprise that wasn't the season finale. We learn there are other humanoid gems out there that aren't monstrous. But what is up with the secrecy? The Crystal Gems keeping something away from Steven but why? I hope we will find out in the last two episodes of season one.

8,400 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Voter 100
  • First step to fame 200
Masmoto
I saw the pilot and instantly liked it

The art style from the show is quite drastically different from that of the pilot.

IRL Noob

Hikarulawl
Prince Fawn
Hikarulawl

So let's begin.

Favorite episode?
Non-favorite episode?

User Image

I'm glad I'm not the only one who shared the same sentiments. I'm not certain what the intended audience was suppose to be, but as you said, older teens and 20 somethings year old are attracted to this show. Hell I'm nearing 30 and I adore this show. It's quiet refreshing to see a show with well structure characters with realistic flaws and attributes. And it's true. We don't see many shows, especially in other genre that have well define characters.

Now my favorite character by just a little since it's so hard to choose, will have to be Pearl. She is so easily emotional because she cares too much. I can't even visualize her not giving a ******** about anything. Oh and how motherly she acts towards Steven is so sweet. Hell all three of the Gems provide a role as Steven's parental guardians. Pearl is definitely plays to the mother. Amethyst plays the cool older sister. Garnet basically the father in this role. Sure Steven has Greg but come on. He's not much of a role model but he means well.
Speaking about Greg. If I had to choose a less favorite character; it would be him. He's too much of a lazy bum. Which kinda reminds me of my dad. There both bums that live in their vans.

As for the two part episode, I'm surprised that wasn't the season finale. We learn there are other humanoid gems out there that aren't monstrous. But what is up with the secrecy? The Crystal Gems keeping something away from Steven but why? I hope we will find out in the last two episodes of season one.

User Image

oh yeah, i mean he's not a bad person but he's definitely not a good father. but i like that about this show, they are not making him either evil or perfect, hes just a person who made some good choices but also some bad ones.
Lapis said something about the Gems only caring about Earth... idk what to think about that, like maybe they were supposed to leave the planet and go back to their home or maybe ???? i seriously doubt they are "evil" in any way but i guess we'll see
(also Steven is the sweetest, most precious, innocent and naive kid ever and i absolutely love him so much its such a shame that real kids are actually little devils u.u )User Image

8,400 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Voter 100
  • First step to fame 200
Prince Fawn
Hikarulawl
Prince Fawn
Hikarulawl

So let's begin.

Favorite episode?
Non-favorite episode?

User Image

As for the two part episode, I'm surprised that wasn't the season finale. We learn there are other humanoid gems out there that aren't monstrous. But what is up with the secrecy? The Crystal Gems keeping something away from Steven but why? I hope we will find out in the last two episodes of season one.

User Image

oh yeah, i mean he's not a bad person but he's definitely not a good father. but i like that about this show, they are not making him either evil or perfect, hes just a person who made some good choices but also some bad ones.
Lapis said something about the Gems only caring about Earth... idk what to think about that, like maybe they were supposed to leave the planet and go back to their home or maybe ???? i seriously doubt they are "evil" in any way but i guess we'll see
(also Steven is the sweetest, most precious, innocent and naive kid ever and i absolutely love him so much its such a shame that real kids are actually little devils u.u )User Image

Well I think it's safe the say Gems are aliens. I believe the Crystal Gems just took a liken to earth several eons ago for whatever reasons. I'm just making huge speculations here.

IRL Noob

Hikarulawl
Prince Fawn
Hikarulawl
Prince Fawn
Hikarulawl

So let's begin.

Favorite episode?
Non-favorite episode?

User Image

User Image

Well I think it's safe the say Gems are aliens. I believe the Crystal Gems just took a liken to earth several eons ago for whatever reasons. I'm just making huge speculations here.

User Image

No but it makes sense, i mean they are def not human. I hope we learn the reason why they stayed here and maybe we get to know more about their civilization & stuff User Image

Gracious Star

Ocean Gem is my favorite episode so far! It was sad Lapis was so quick to leave. I know she'll be back, but now I can't wait to meet more gems! I'm hoping now that Steven's getting better at magic, he'll be able to restore other gems like the Centipeedle.

yum_donut yum_donut yum_donut

I live near (and worked at) a small summer resort city called Ocean City. Beach City reminds me of
it alot.
With the Summer season starting on the show, there will be more people, more kids for Steven to hang out with. there's gonna be more fun, I can feel it!

8,400 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Voter 100
  • First step to fame 200
Well I just got done watching the latest episode of Steven Universe and I must say; what the hell did their former teammate Rose saw in a guy like Greg? He's nothing but a lazy a** bum that leeches off everyone. Including his kid son. I have even less respect for this guy.

8,400 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Voter 100
  • First step to fame 200
Who would ever knew that Pearl is a excellent mechanic? I mean we all knew she's the brainiac of the group, but restoring a van that should have been totaled to brand spanking new? These gems are full of surprises.

Genius

Hikarulawl
Well I just got done watching the latest episode of Steven Universe and I must say; what the hell did their former teammate Rose saw in a guy like Greg? He's nothing but a lazy a** bum that leeches off everyone. Including his kid son. I have even less respect for this guy.

Yea, goes to show how little we know about her...
what we do know is she saw the beauty in everything. a very loving person who could love someone that most people would avoid.

I also find it funny how Pearl acts towards Greg, but it's understandable...

8,400 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Voter 100
  • First step to fame 200
Gate Maker Woods
Hikarulawl

Yea, goes to show how little we know about her...
what we do know is she saw the beauty in everything. a very loving person who could love someone that most people would avoid.

I also find it funny how Pearl acts towards Greg, but it's understandable...

I don't blame her. I can't picture what the estimate of the total cost of fixing his van would have run. But I think we can all agree that Greg moving back into his van is more than enough payment for her services.

8,400 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Voter 100
  • First step to fame 200
Oh my ******** god! Did anyone seen today's episode? At first it was just a bit of father and son bonding with making a pretend spaceship. But Pearl was dead serious of getting the hell out of earth. Gems being an alien race from another galaxy have been confirm.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff