Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's not a deep show, like Gravity Falls. But it's cute and has nice world building and continuity. It's worth a watch really. heart

OG Prophet

6,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
Fell in love with it when I saw the promos! heart

MissTrona's Husbando

I do actually enjoy the show myself. Like others I was drawn to it since I am a big fan of Gravity Falls as well. Unfortunately, unlike Gravity Falls, the writing isn't all the way there for me. It's quirky and I LOVE Marco, but sometimes things that Star does is a little too much. I will keep watching the show regardless since I'm an animation major right now in college and the animation is very pleasing to look at and again I love watching Marco, I feel Star as a character needs to be tweaked a little bit and then maybe I'll love her more. Don't get me wrong, I love the concept of the show but I feel like you can do so much more than what they are doing currently. It could just be because it's a children show but that would be a poor excuse since we all know the concept and story of Gravity Falls.

Omnipresent Lunatic

17,925 Points
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
I quite l like it, it's cute and funny.
Though liking a show on disney xd is always a struggle, since you have the constant hiatuses and inconsistent scheduling to suffer through. crying
The show is fun, light-hearted and cute. heart
I like it though I've only seen the first two episodes and had to step away to concentrate on my job. I will definitely pick it up again, though! cat_3nodding

Fashionable Hobo

5,925 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
I reallyyyyyy like this show personnaly ♥
It's cute, it's fun, there is magic and fight and some jokes....And I really like the design and the animation (though apparently the animation has recently changed, but I haven't really saw any large difference...)
Plus, I'm a big fan of the characters, I might even have a crush on Marco (yes I'm a weirdo) since he is cute and I really love his voice :3 (I have a thing for cracked up voices....)
I'm looking forward to each new episode ♥

Omnipresent Loiterer

16,275 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
So watched the first episode and honestly what stood out for me was the animation. There was a sort of....crispness to it. Like a fluidity but at the same time a snappiness that you don't really see. Needless to say, I love it from a visual standpoint.

Also the "Princess from another dimension *Flaming rainbow*" was, I felt, the best bit.
I watched a few episodes of this show and... OMG, I loved it. I wish that this had been around when I was a kid -- it definitely would've been my favorite show.
Silvia Crow
So watched the first episode and honestly what stood out for me was the animation. There was a sort of....crispness to it. Like a fluidity but at the same time a snappiness that you don't really see. Needless to say, I love it from a visual standpoint.

Also the "Princess from another dimension *Flaming rainbow*" was, I felt, the best bit.

What you're trying to say is that it's actually animated, instead of using lazy and almost always ugly motion tweens like literally every other cartoon currently being produced for television.

That said, I agree with you completely. I've only seen one episode and I could immediately tell this show feels much more alive than other cartoons. It's animated better, has interesting camera angles, interesting coloring, a few voices I feel like I haven't heard in a while, etc. It feels like that creators actually care about what they're making and as previously said above, may cause the show to come out less frequently, which "sucks". No it doesn't. Putting real animation and effort into the carton you're making sucks? That's ridiculous. I'd rather get an episode a month if it means the quality is better than the rest of the garbage being made.

Backwoods Genius

I didn't expect to get hooked into it until my mexican friend showed it to me and I enjoyed it.
I like how fun Star is. Marco is a funny character too. I do ship Starco as it is so lovingly called, but honestly, I just like how fun the show is and how the characters are.

I got hooked by the OP. ninja heart

Distinct Dreamer

I've watched a couple of episodes of it and I do love the concept.
I guess since it targets younger audiences, the comedy and fluffiness suits it.
Honestly, I hope to see a version of it targeted for older audience with a more serious atmosphere-along with Gravity Falls.
The downside is; everytime I look at Star's staff, I'm reminded of Sailormoon and Cardcaptor Sakura! The staff is like a mix of those two. The whole dimensional travel also co-relate with another CLAMP's work-Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles.
Well, cute and funny nonetheless.

Dapper Trickster

19,475 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
I love this show heart It's so different from anything else on TV and I love it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff