• Peoplewatcher 100
haha really??
i think i should google it

1,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
never really noticed all that lol... question
Spongebob Squarepants premiered in 1999. Adult Swim was created in 2001. Unless the creator of Spongebob can see the future there is no way that show was originally made for Adult Swim.
Creativerealms
Spongebob Squarepants premiered in 1999. Adult Swim was created in 2001. Unless the creator of Spongebob can see the future there is no way that show was originally made for Adult Swim.

Well what ever it could be on Adult Swim any ways if you think about it and I just hear that so maybe it wasn't true but what ever.
EmberWest
Creativerealms

Well what ever it could be on Adul Swim any ways if you think about it and I just hear that so maybe it wasn't true but what ever.

Well Spongebob was made in vain of older Nick cartoons like Ren and Stimpy and Rocko's Modern life, in that it does have a lot of adult jokes, obvous ones and hidden ones. I was not denying that. It's just that there is no way Spongebob was originally made for Adult Swim when the show is two years older then Adult swim. Just saying.

5,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
doo not kno emo emo emo emo

6,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Team Edward 100
NO WAAAYYY!!! gonk
c'mon...what dose two words prove??
just two word...bikini bottom...
the cartoonist was just a little...naughty...that's all............

4,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
it is made for adult swim cuz you know when they show there selfs
There's no truth in that at all. Stephen Hillenburg worked for Nickelodeon and wrote Spongebob for them. Here's a part from the Wikipedia article;

Quote:
Rocko's Modern Life ended in 1996.[13] Shortly following this, Hillenburg began working on SpongeBob SquarePants, teaming up with several Nickelodeon veterans and Rocko crew members.[4][11] To voice the character of SpongeBob, Hillenburg approached Tom Kenny, who had worked with him on Rocko's Modern Life.[12] Originally SpongeBob was to be named SpongeBoy but this name was already in use.[14] This was discovered after voice acting for the original seven minute pilot was recorded in 1997. The Nickelodeon legal department discovered that the name was already in use for a mop product.[15] Upon finding this out, Hillenburg decided that the character's given name still had to contain "Sponge" so viewers would not mistake the character for a "Cheese Man." Hillenburg decided to use the name "SpongeBob." He chose "SquarePants" as a family name as it referred to the character's square shape and it had a "nice ring to it".[16]

Whilst pitching the cartoon to Nickelodeon executives, Hillenburg donned a Hawaiian shirt, brought along an “underwater terrarium with models of the characters”, and Hawaiian music to set the theme. The setup was described by Nick executive Eric Coleman as "pretty amazing".[17] When given money and two weeks to write the pilot episode (“Help Wanted”),[5] Derek Drymon, Stephen Hillenberg, and Nick Jennings returned with, described by Nickelodeon official Albie Hecht, “a performance [he] wish [he] had on tape”.[18] Although described as stressful by executive producer Derek Drymon,[5] the pitch went “very well”; Kevin Kay and Hecht had to step outside because they were “exhausted from laughing”, making the cartoonists worried.[18]
PumSpark
NO WAAAYYY!!! gonk
c'mon...what dose two words prove??
just two word...bikini bottom...
the cartoonist was just a little...naughty...that's all............

If you pay close attention and really listen you notice stuff that shouldn't really be in a little kids show... o-o
This thread is bad and you should all feel bad

Shy Gaian

3,200 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
I still surprised that the fry cook olympics aired at all epesially at the end with "bun wresling."
Creativerealms

^ true fact bro
From what I remember, Adult Swim wasn't even out in 1999, but I could be wrong.

I can't even imagine SpongeBob being on Adult Swim. That freedom would make it no better than horrible shows like Drawn Together for example.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff