Welcome to Gaia! ::

Offensive or Funny

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on October 21, 2004.
No longer accepting new votes.
1 2 3 >

Do u think South Park is offensive or funny?
i think the show is funny
Funny, very funny

Fluffy Ally

hillarious!
Offensive AND funny
Both I guess. neutral
definitely both
Yeah I think it is offensive and funny but more funny then offensive. Only because the offensive stuff is funny. blaugh biggrin xp
i think it is very funny and yet at the same time offensive too.
I believe that the intent is to be both. We live in a world where people are so afraid of offending anyone that everyone tries too hard to be PC (hence, phrases like "Vertically challenged" instead of "short" wink . when you have shows like South Park and the Simpsons that show us the idiocy of this mindset and still let us laugh at ourselves, I think it's a rare and wonderful thing.
offensively funny.
I acually think its kinda scary, i jus noticed it teaches u lessons, like stans dogs a homo tell us about accepting ppl. ahhh, they're teaching us stuff!!!! but other then that, i agree that if we can't laugh at ourselves, its a sad, sad bland world.
Very funny, only offensive if you're touchy and insecure with your own values.

Invisible Shapeshifter

7,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100
South Park is primarily a show intended to dish out humour (funny) by means of insult (offensive). The offensive stuff IS the funny stuff...

(in my opinion anyway)
Both - which is what makes it so damned funny! xd

Although, I think the episode with J-Lo/Ben Affleck was pushing it a bit far - now THAT was disturbing.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff