Welcome to Gaia! ::

Me and my friends were all staying together once and one morning we couldn't find anything on tv so we all watched an episode or two of Spongebob and it was the episode where Spongebob tries to make Gary take a bath and he had turned the tub into a treasure chest and he was holding the soap and said something to the sort of: "Gary look a Dubloon! Don't drop it ;P"

And for a second we were all kinda shocked but we thought it was hilarous, I'm going to school for animation and so when you think about it it is adults who are writing and animating it and so I like to think that its adults having fun with it. Someone else also told me that its also for parents sit and watch cartoons with their kids (or take them to see animated movies) its so they could watch as well without getting bored (or atleast thats what I've been told), Either way kids don't pick up this until they reach maturity anyways and so I don't see a huge problem with it~ I think generally think its hilarious XD
spongebob with the mikshake episode
I just want to say, that in lieu of sexual innuendos in children's shows, there are characters that look SO inappropriate!

I hated it when people would try to find anything and everything to be a sexual thing in a Disney movie, but when you have a character like this:

User Image

You can't tell me there isn't an automatic picture of a man's genitalia popping into your head.

I know things like sexual innuendos go over children's heads. I work with children, but images like that should have been thought about before they designed the character. If people are going to be all brimstone and fire with the Little Mermaid VHS case cover and one of the spires looking like a p***s, then why haven't parents done the same with this walking p***s? Really?

7,350 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Signature Look 250
I don't mind the hidden adult references in cartoons. I didn't understand any of it when I was a kid, and now I think it's great because I'm older and can laugh at it. Animaniacs and Rocko definitely had tons of adult jokes in it, but I think it was something the parents enjoyed because they could watch a show with their kids and both of them could laugh together. [Over separate things, of course.] I'm glad shows like Adventure Time are around. Not only is it hilarious for the kids, but there are messages in there that adults can appreciate, so as when the heart tries to force himself on Princess Bubblegum and she fights back. In a way it's teaching kids to not allow yourself to be forced upon and fight back for yourself. It's awesome.

Interesting Gaian

3,450 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
ED EDD EDDY

Shirtless Fatcat

7,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Its probably because cartoons were originally made for adults, not kids. And another reason why kids cartoons have that stuff in it is because parents will watch it with their kids so there's gonna be adult humor. I don't really know if that's the reason I'm just guessing sweatdrop

heart
man, i miss Doug cry

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lonely Misfit

22,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
The shows are made by adults. They have to find some way to amuse themselves. Children will not understand any of it so I see no problem. The probably may be with the adults who are overly sensitive... I mean it may explain why kids cartoons have become so very... Bleh..
Actually I enjoy those types of cartoons. Mostly because it's a subtle way of allowing kids and adults to both enjoy the show. Plus once you get older and you can spot the innuendos it ends up being really hilarious. I re-watched animaniacs recently and I was amazed and delighted with the level of tongue and cheek jokes, it was still funny even though I'd already grown out of being a kid.

Fashionable Consumer

11,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
I think it's in part to appeal to the parents who have to watch the shows with their kids sometimes... I mean movies do it too...

Headstrong Senshi

20,150 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Power Surge 50
  • Team Player 50
It beats the most of the cartoons for kids that are serious fluff. I don't mind it and they do have a point in being just funny while not being overly easy for the kids to question the content but enough for the parents to chuckle at if they aren't prudes.
AroundtheRainbow
What do you think about it?

I was in line at the store earlier today and was behind two moms who were talking about the bad quality of kids shows these days. I just couldn't help but overhear. The first mom says how she was watching the new Scooby Doo series with her kids and noticed that Daphne's skirt was way too short when she was with some band and that she was dressed like a slut, and she didn't want Daphne shaking her nearly unconcealed a** at her son. Then the other mother chimes in with how she was watching Adventure Time with her 6 and 7 year old kids and didn't like how the vampire's mouth looked after his head got big. Why? Cause his mouth looked like a v****a full of sperm. She seriously said that.

I'm sorry but if your 6 and 7 year old knows what a v****a with sperm in it looks like, you're raising your children very wrong.

But anyway, sexual innuendo's been in kids shows since.....well the Looney Tunes. And honestly, I think it's good to have in the kids cartoons. You can't keep your kids sheltered for life, they're going to find out what those jokes mean eventually, and besides it's meant to go over their heads for the parents that are stuck watching it. When I was 5 I watched The Animaniacs on tv with my mom. I never understood why she laughed at random parts that didn't seem funny until I was older. That's how it is when you're a kid. I didn't understand what a skimpy dress meant nor did I associate anything with a v****a...or any other genital parts.

But now....the floor is yours.

Those are NOT innuendoes. Those are those two particular people reading way too much into things that simply aren't there. I mean literally every mouth looks like a sideways v****a. (lol)

There are legitimate cartoon inneudos but they've been there since the dawn of cartoons. Especially in the 90s. Just watch any episode of Rocko's Modern Life. It was hilarious.

Beloved Warlord

10,275 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
watch any old cartoon TONS of innudoe because cartoons wered for everyone back thenn

Dapper Phantom

9,100 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
AroundtheRainbow
What do you think about it?

I was in line at the store earlier today and was behind two moms who were talking about the bad quality of kids shows these days. I just couldn't help but overhear. The first mom says how she was watching the new Scooby Doo series with her kids and noticed that Daphne's skirt was way too short when she was with some band and that she was dressed like a slut, and she didn't want Daphne shaking her nearly unconcealed a** at her son. Then the other mother chimes in with how she was watching Adventure Time with her 6 and 7 year old kids and didn't like how the vampire's mouth looked after his head got big. Why? Cause his mouth looked like a v****a full of sperm. She seriously said that.

I'm sorry but if your 6 and 7 year old knows what a v****a with sperm in it looks like, you're raising your children very wrong.

But anyway, sexual innuendo's been in kids shows since.....well the Looney Tunes. And honestly, I think it's good to have in the kids cartoons. You can't keep your kids sheltered for life, they're going to find out what those jokes mean eventually, and besides it's meant to go over their heads for the parents that are stuck watching it. When I was 5 I watched The Animaniacs on tv with my mom. I never understood why she laughed at random parts that didn't seem funny until I was older. That's how it is when you're a kid. I didn't understand what a skimpy dress meant nor did I associate anything with a v****a...or any other genital parts.

But now....the floor is yours.

these mothers would hate the 90's, or the boomerang channel lol

Romantic Loverboy

9,250 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
Hey now, the 90s may have the best example of tongue in cheek innuendo but they haven't given up on the idea.
I think my favorite part of Young Justice (sigh... frowny face...) were the bits where my 20-somethings friends and I could laugh ourselves stupid over a sly line while my 12 year old brother could just enjoy the cartoon. Granted, this wasn't nearly as subtle as the 90s cartoons I grew up with, but it was still really amusing to me.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff