Pinkie Pie 0.21621621621622 21.6% [ 8 ]
Total Votes:[ 37 ]
1 2 >

Distinct Lunatic

4,000 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Brandisher 100
I'm doing a project for my Cultural Anthropology Class and as an emerging sub-culture, I'm reporting on the Brony Community.

I just have a few questions for Bronies, and Pegasisters if they want.

1. How old are you?
2. Your gender?
3. How did you get into watching Faust's newest show?
4. Do you contribute to the community? If so, how?
5. Why do you like the show?
6. What does being a fan mean to you?

Also feel free to discuss your favorite characters, episodes and lessons. :3

Thank you so much for your help and cooperation!
1. How old are you?: 17, just about 18 years old!
2. Your gender?: Female
3. How did you get into watching Faust's newest show?: When news of MLP:FiM first started to buzz around, my sister caught on and mentioned it to me. Although I didn't start watching it right away, I jumped onto the Bronywagon a few episodes into the series.
4. Do you contribute to the community? If so, how?: I suppose so. I try to chat in as many pony-related threads as I can. I blog about ponies frequently, including the recent chatter about Derpy being modified. I also draw some ponies and post them on my blog, or other places where fellow Bronies can see them.
5. Why do you like the show?: MLP: FiM is a great show for everyone. It teaches legitimate life lessons, as well as provides many laughs. It has literally changed my life and made me look at the world differently. There are qualities of each and every character that I find I can relate to. Everything about the show is well-developed and just... perfect!

I love all of the mane six, so I'm going to write a bit about each of them:
Pinkie Pie is my favorite character. Her songs cheer me up, especially "Smile Smile Smile". I aspire to be more positive and upbeat like she is.
I really love Fluttershy. She is so sweet and caring. All of my friends that have watched the show say that she reminds them of me, which is really really flattering!
Rarity is so fabulous! She's absolutely so regal and beautiful. She's really a very unique kind of character. I really don't understand why more people don't like her.
Applejack, to me, almost seems like the motherly-type. It's a good thing, though! She's very caring and thoughtful, as well as a little bit protective.
Twilight Sparkle is actually really funny, in my opinion. Her perfectionism is something I can really relate to. I love how she is always trying her best at everything. Her random knowledge about almost everything makes me laugh and smile.
I do like Rainbow Dash, I do. But she has gotten on my nerves a lot in more recent episodes. She almost balances out a lot of the other characters, because she's not exactly "girly", like Fluttershy and Rarity. I like that she's sort of tomboyish, and just different.
The mane six are so perfectly balanced. If you took any one of them out of the show, it would not be the same, and probably would not work. Their various personalities are what gives the show harmony!

(Sorry if my writing sounds kind of sloppy. It's like the middle of the night as I am writing this! >.< Let me know if there is anything else I can help with. Best of luck to you!!!)

Friendly Noob

1. How old are you?
-14 years old

2. Your gender?
-male

-by going deeper and deeper into random youtube videos and finding this video, i found out that they where real characters of a TV show, searched up the first episode then fell in love with the show blaugh

- im a friendly brony, and i think im the only brony freerunner that exists razz

-you know what?, i don't know why i like it so much.. i don't think anyone realy knows why they like it... i think its everything! the story, the way its told, the characters, the animation ect.

6. something realy random:
- attack lama! damn that would be awsome!, a lama that has full body armour and rockets and machine guns and stuff!... sorry i just had to get that out... neutral
You'll never become old and wise

1. How old are you?
2. Your gender?
Female
My boyfriend kept talking about it, so I decided to try it.
I don't contribute too much, but I have made my own pony OC, drawn her with my boyfriend's OC, drawn her alone, drawn a friend's OC and I always buy pony-related art.
I'm not entirely sure why I like anything that I do, but I can say this: it's funny, the characters capture my attention and love, the animation is fantastic and it's one of the few shows I watch that ends on a happy note each episode.

I love all of the characters, but my favorite is Fluttershy. The way she was able to handle the dragon, manticore and cocatryce shows that she is a fully capable pony, even though she's extremely gentle. I can say more about her, but I'll start ranting... So I'll leave it with this: I convinced my boyfriend that she's fantastic too, and she became his favorite character over Rainbow Dash. Now he's writing a fanfiction about her~

If you're not young and crazy =)

Distinct Lunatic

4,000 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Brandisher 100
For those who have already posted, I added a 6th question.

Distinct Lunatic

4,000 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Brandisher 100
Giant bump. Please, I need your helps!

Lightbringer

1. How old are you?

I am 21 years old.

2. Your gender?

Male!

I started watching the show through curiosity of the fandom. I wanted to know why it was so popular and how so many different types of fan-created media came about, and found myself impressed with how much I could enjoy a show that was so far out of its target audience for me. The rest is history.

I don't actively contribute to the community, but I do mingle with other fans and am slowly working on a fan fiction of my own.

I like the show for the characters and how well they are portrayed, I suppose. I feel less like I'm watching a cartoon with a cute pony gimmick and more like it's a regular show that deals with friendship problems that we face every day.

Being a fan of My Little Pony means being able to enjoy the show. People will have varying opinions about the culture and other fandom (fanfics, the Derpy fiasco, etc) which you can't really blame someone for in my opinion.

7,875 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
1. How old are you?
Refuse to state.
2. Your gender?
Male.
Saw a picture of it online, thought it was adorable, found out it was from MLP FiM, wanted to watch it.
I like to think I am. I'm the guild creator of one of the most popular pony guild on this site, and I like to think I'm a well-rounded, open-minded person.
It's adorable, funny, quirky, and helps me get along with others.
It feels like I've disobeyed society and did what I want.

Swashbuckling Inquisitor

12,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
1. How old are you? 24

2. Your gender? Male

3. How did you get into watching Faust's newest show? Saw all the memes and checked out the show.

4. Do you contribute to the community? If so, how? I recently started to write fan fiction.

5. Why do you like the show? The writing, animation, the voice work, and the community. The general feel-goodiness the show conveys.

6. What does being a fan mean to you? I'm part of a LARGE community. Its a new place to find new friends. Most of the other "fanbases" I was a part of only consisted of maybe a few dozen people but now I'm part of something potentially bigger. While I don't have any Brony friends IRL, I hope I will down the line. I have plenty of online ones, though. smile

Distinct Lunatic

4,000 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Brandisher 100
okami6969
1. How old are you?
Refuse to state.
2. Your gender?
Male.
Saw a picture of it online, thought it was adorable, found out it was from MLP FiM, wanted to watch it.
I like to think I am. I'm the guild creator of one of the most popular pony guild on this site, and I like to think I'm a well-rounded, open-minded person.
It's adorable, funny, quirky, and helps me get along with others.
It feels like I've disobeyed society and did what I want.
I'm sorry without an age I cannot use your post in my data. At least for the graph of age and gender.

Questionable Exhibitionist

12,950 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Megathread 100
1. How old are you?

2. Your gender?
Female

My friend online wouldn't stop tormenting me until he heard it playing on my speakers for a consecutive 22 minutes (he totally timed me.) From there I was hooked and watched up to episode 12 in one night sitting.

Well I can draw very well and I'm learning how to do vectors especially for pony creations. I'm also a large contributor to the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Wiki page. You'll also find me on Pony forums offering advice, love, and tolerance for all. I try to introduce my friends and their children to the positive message FIM brings to the table.

The show appeals to me for it's humor and characters that you can easily relate to. It brings life lessons to a close at the end of every show. Twilight's segments her 'letters' to the princess sum up great moral issues facing children today. This show gives children great examples of role models without being too up in your face, bland this is a girl's cartoon that we've been forced to watch for years. Aside from the positive moral influences that ponies can give, the show puts the characters in situations that we sometimes face in real life. These characters are not perfect and make mistakes, but the clincher is the LEARN from them and relate their experiences to the ruler of their Kingdom, Princess Celestia. I can also remember the first episode my friend made me watch. In 'Bridle Gossip' there is a reference made to a character who has been shrunk down. Her name is Applejack, and one of the other characters jokingly called her Appletini. It's humor that you can appreciate as an adult. The characters are so like some people you know in your day to day life, that it is just heartwarming to see them grow and develop further in their friendships.

Being a fan and a lover of the 'herd', I preach love and tolerance to one and all. Being a fan of this series makes me step up my game in the kindness, friendship, encouragement, generosity, loyalty, and pretty much all my good moral arenas in life. WWAPD or What Would A Pony Do, I stop and ask myself when vexed with a life's problem. Or if I'm having an especially hard day, (to explain I'm a senior in college, my chose study is Criminal Justice and I'm currently interning for juvenile sex offender treatment programs, suffice to say there are some bleak, lifeless days I've been put through), I'll start singing a song from the show and it can instantly cheer me up or I'll tell some of the kids I'm working with about the show and they almost always come up to me and thank me for telling them about the show. It can provide inspiration even in the darkest of places. Let me relate a story to you of how much being a fan can affect your life sometimes (This really happened to me last Friday):

The day had started off completely wrong. First, my neighbors upstairs decided it was a good time to practice clog dancing.. or whatever it is they do above me. The heater was busted so stepping out of bed was like being in the Titanic movie. I clung to my robe like Rose did that busted door and ran to the bathroom. Got into the shower, surprise surprise, my roomie had used all of the hot water. Colder, wetter, and a bit more bitter I finally made my way to the sink and for some reason my hairbush was in the trash bin. I did an facepalm and just got ready with a minimum of effort. Then we were out of cereal, and I couldn't find my car keys. (Good thing I was woke up early!) So with a slump I got into my car. First a song from the Mighty Boosh called 'Isolation' popped up on my Ipod. Then 'Smile, Smile, Smile.' started it's friendly assault on my earlobes.

I cranked it up, would've done Pinkie Pie proud. Opening up my cardoor, I had forgot to hit the button to power it down when a little girl was walking by holding hands with her momma. Her head snapped around as I had dropped something on the ground that clacked loudly, so that initially caught her attention. Then she started peering at me, her little eyes honing in and squinting as she began to pick up the lyrics of the song. A loud cry of 'MOM IT'S PINKIE PIE'S SONG!' and she started singing it at the top of her little lungs. I smiled for a moment and then busted out singing with her. Her mom mouthed a quiet 'Thank you' over her head and after the song finished I walked over and showed her how a brohoof worked. She said she can't wait to tell her friends at school.

A smile washed over my face as I watched them depart and she turned to wave at me for what seemed the 50th time. Sometimes a song can go a long way to make your day better. That's why I love this song so much, it was great before, but this memory will always make me smile, smile, smile.

Rainbow Raider

1. How old are you?
2. Your gender?
Female
I wondered why a show about ponies was so popular with teens and adults so I watched a few episodes and loved it.
Other than posting in forums about the show, not really.
The characters are well written and realistic in the sense that they all have personality flaws but not so extreme that it makes you dislike them. The voice acting is great as well. And finally, every episode has a good message without being overly preachy.
Being proud to admit you like a show that is about ponies.

Fatcat

1. How old are you?
I am 20 years of age.
2. Your gender?
Last I checked, male.
It originally started off that I was never going to watch the show. Until later finding out that Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends and My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, both did indeed share the same creator/writer. I watched one episode, and I was hooked.
I honestly wish I could contribute, but I really don't know how. I do listen to MLP Dubstep and show it off to my friends. Although they don't like the fact that it's MLP related, they still highly enjoy it.
To be honest, I can't even answer that question for myself. I suppose that the characters could relate to some nostalgic cartoon and such. But other than that, I'm still unsure.
Being a fan basically means that I'm not alone in something that I am interested in. Knowing that people who watch the show could possibly have my back, I suppose.

Distinct Lunatic

4,000 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Brandisher 100

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items