Welcome to Gaia! ::

If there was another season for the original cast of teen titans, which "love team" would you be cheering for?

Starfire & Robin 0.36585365853659 36.6% [ 45 ]
Beastboy & Terra 0.1869918699187 18.7% [ 23 ]
Beastboy & Raven 0.26016260162602 26.0% [ 32 ]
All of the above 0.1869918699187 18.7% [ 23 ]
Total Votes:[ 123 ]
1 2 3 >

Friendly Gaian

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
Does anyone miss the original cast of teen titans? I know there's the chibi one in Cartoon Network, but I'm not a big fan of it though. The cast now are bit different. How? Well, they made robin into a love sick puppy. Cyborg into a conceited techno geek. Beastboy is dumber and lazier than before. Raven looks too emo and gothic. Starfire is acting more of a American girl than a foreigner from outer space. sweatdrop I seriously want another season!! I wanted to see a happy ending with robin and starfire. I know there are other people that also want beastboy's love life to flourish. I just wish the last episode was a bit better. crying
Too bad the original Teen Titans never got a cartoon, the Judas Contract DTV (which will never be made) is the closest we got and it is shelved forever. Instead we got that 2003 Titans series that does not know if it's a comedy or an action cartoon with its poorly applied anime gags. Sigh.

Oh wait that's what you were talking about when you said the original titans. Sorry but as a fan of the Titans run that show is very loosely based on that cartoon will never be "the original" titans.

Oh and the final episode is one of my favorite episodes of the 2003 show.
This is a very unpopular opinion but I like Teen Titans go more then the 2003 cartoon. Now i don't want to get into why so i won't.

Anyway the show is a comedy, it intentionally exaggerates the characters personality traits for the sake of humor. It takes Robin's obsession and exaggerates it, turning him into someone who focuses on every little detail and obsesses over it. Same with Beastboy's Lazy attitude, it's exaggerated for comedy reasons. honestly if this was suppose to be a serous show with these traits then I would complain but it's done for the rule of funny.

Though I have to disagree with Starfire, she's the only one whose personality is not changed at all. She does not "Act like an American Girl" like you claim. the only episode where that happened she wished to speak more normal.

Friendly Gaian

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
That does make sense. I understand your point if view. 3nodding

Divine Sex Symbol

9,450 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
I really miss the original Teen Titans, because I can take that show seriously. With Teen Titans Go!, the humor is ok, but it's overrated.

Sweet Star

Just putting it out there, the writers for Teen Titans Go! never watched the 2003 Titans series so I hope that explains why it's so different xD

Sweet Explorer

6,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Streaker 200
  • Signature Look 250
I really enjoyed watching all the Teen titans series. I actually own all the episodes. The new teen titans go is so stupid. I cant stand watching it. Even though it has all the original voice actors does not make it as good as the original.
beastboy & terra! Wished they had a happier ending. sad

Conservative Friend

4,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Yeah, the originals are always better for cartoons.
I don't like The 2003 series,Which I refuse to call the original because it butchers the comic. I actually feel Go is a superior show because it at least knows what it is. The 2003 series did not know if it was an anime homage or a parody, it did not know if it was a serous action cartoon or a silly comedy. The show was schizophrenic and and seemed to not know what it was doing half the time.

Coming first does not make something good or even better then something that came second.

There will never be a real Teen titans cartoon and I blame the 2003 show for that. The Teen titans cartoon we did get was not even that good.

I still want the Judas Contract DTV.
I agree with you! I hated Terra because Raven was my favorite and she just totally stomped all over Raven emotion_0A0 . That was so unforgivable emotion_donotwant . Plus Beast boy been barking up Raven tree for a while and I felt like for the first time ever she was really starting to warm up to him and I wanted to see them work out so bad but then Terra came along rolleyes . I love raven so much and I can relate to her. Its hard trusting people and opening up to people. It takes some people some time before they can truly open themselves up. I cried that episode when Terra was belittling Raven emotion_sweatdrop . I enjoyed starfire and robin and I really wanted them to hook up too. i have not seen the new episodes and I don't plan on watching because I wanted the show to start off where it left.

Asprettyasme
heart

Romantic Senshi

12,425 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
Starfire and Robin. =x

Plinti's Husband

Distinct Seeker

11,575 Points
  • Citizen 200