Who did Winx Club Better?

Orignal Italiian 0.23853211009174 23.9% [ 26 ]
4Kids 0.4954128440367 49.5% [ 54 ]
Nickelodeon 0.26605504587156 26.6% [ 29 ]
Total Votes:[ 109 ]
< 1 2 3 4

What about Rai English?

There are 3 English Versions you know.

I haven't seen this show in a while, but watched the Nickelodeon version of it.

Popular Member

10,800 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Divine Donator 100
Winx club is awesome!!!

Gaian

"I honestly never could stand the show at all. It perpetuates way too many female stereotypes and is just sickeningly sparkly and glittery. The concept is okay, but the execution makes the live action Super Mario Bros. movie look like the greatest movie milestone of its decade. The entire show needs to be shot in the head and the body burned and buried in a shallow grave somewhere in Nowhere, Canada."

Popular Member

10,800 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Divine Donator 100
The best one by far is Nickelodeon

Hilarious Lunatic

I grew up on the 4Kids version since I'm American. But I've been watching the original RAI English version on youtube and it's way better.
I remember that show! lol!

Destructive Mage

15,275 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I hate how the Winx are suddenly retards who can't even paint a goddamn wall.
And how they made a band and s**t. ?? The hell are you guys thinking??

Witty Dabbler

12,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Window Shopper 100
Mallory MacNamara
The 4Kids version of Winx Club is subpar to say the least [powerful girls who...righteously adhere to gender roles and stereotypes..?] but at least it was watchable. I liked the animation style and nearly all of the voice actors - they did have a lot of diversity with dialects and accents. There was conflict in the show and sometimes it wasn't so easily resolved.

Nick destroyed that show. Completely and utterly destroyed it - all of the voice actors sound the same, the voice acting is even worse than the 4Kids and they cut out development from the series.

4Kids wasn't great, but Nick shat on that show and set it on fire.

My sentiments exactly. I swear- they've got to have a voice actor doing multiple parts. Even though they look like anorexic fairies (XD), I could at least appreciate their diversity in personality and voice. But now, it's like what little diversity they had has been erased. Not even the story element or aesthetics of the show can bring me to watch the new incarnation. It looks like this was one thing that 4kids didn't do so badly on- unless the original Italian version was even better.

Witty Dabbler

12,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Window Shopper 100
TEWG
I hate how the Winx are suddenly retards who can't even paint a goddamn wall.
And how they made a band and s**t. ?? The hell are you guys thinking??

It's like an mandatory unspoken rule that every girls show with cutesy characters- especially those with powers/abilities of some kind, show how strong and independent they are not just by their actions and etc-

but by "rocking out."

Because being in a little generic pop ROCK [if the band has guitars in it and everyone dresses in a bold manner, it's automatically Rock] group playing guitar and sining totally unremarkable and forgettable songs with your 10BFFs is way past cool so unique, rebellious, and exactly what girl GRRL power is ALL ABOUT.

Regardless of how relevant the said band is to the main group's abilities, or the premise of the show. Everyone is suddenly a perfect performer.
The original is always better the only reason I tolerated the nick version was because I was glad that the show was back but it was so disappointing how rushed the entire episode and season was. It was hard to watch after a while because it just felt too rushed and too different then what I remembered as a kid. I don't watch it anymore but I still love the show and the whole theme of the show.

Asprettyasme
heart

Guildswoman

4,850 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Autobiographer 200
I loved the 4WBkids one a lot better. I wish they'd bring it out on DVD again.
I used to love that show.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces