Welcome to Gaia! ::

State your opinions on Nickelodeon, past and present. Do you think they're doing good or bad?

I think that it was awesome from the 90's to about 2008. I've also started to notice that most, if not all of their present cartoons are spin-offs from movies or past shows.
Here's the list of cartoons currently airing :
The Legend of Korra heart
Spongebob Squarepants
The Fairly OddParents
Kung Fu Panda : Legends of Awesomeness -_-
The Penguins of Madagascar -_-
T.U.F.F. Puppy

Cartoons coming in the future :
TMNT ( teenage mutant ninja turtles )
Monsters vs. Aliens
Raving Rabbids ( really!? 0_0 )
Robot and Monster

So 3 of these shows are spin-offs from movies, 1 is a remake of a show, Spongebob has been around for almost 13 years now ( May 1st ) and Fairly Odd Parents has been around for 10-11 years, T.U.F.F. Puppy is...meh, and Raving Rabbids is a spinoff from a VIDEO GAME. The only show I'm enjoying right now is Legend of Korra. ( though i like older episodes of Spongebob and FOP )
And the rest of their shows are Live Action.

And what ever happened to the splat logo? What's up with just the plain font :/

So Discuss :

Nickelodeon
Is it still good?
If not, when was it good?
The 90s Are all that
Current Nick shows, and why they are good or bad.

Have fun! ;3
I like the Kung Fu Panda series. Yes it's not as good as the movies but it's still a fun show. I really don't get the hate it gets. Really it and Korra are the only cartoons on Nick I currently enjoy watching.

What's so bad about the Kung Fu Panda cartoon anyway? What don't you like about it?

Anyway I really hope the new TMNT does not suck. While I don't expect it to be as good as my beloved 2003 version of the Turtles I am hoping it's goon in it's own right. That it does enough to separate it from the other two cartoons and manages to be enjoyable and entertaining.

The idea of a raging Rabids cartoon pisses me off because I would love for a Rayman cartoon.
Creativerealms
I like the Kung Fu Panda series. Yes it's not as good as the movies but it's still a fun show. I really don't get the hate it gets. Really it and Korra are the only cartoons on Nick I currently enjoy watching.

What's so bad about the Kung Fu Panda cartoon anyway? What don't you like about it?

Anyway I really hope the new TMNT does not suck. While I don't expect it to be as good as my beloved 2003 version of the Turtles I am hoping it's goon in it's own right. That it does enough to separate it from the other two cartoons and manages to be enjoyable and entertaining.

The idea of a raging Rabids cartoon pisses me off because I would love for a Rayman cartoon.
Well I don't think Kung Fu Panda is a bad show, I just don't enjoy it as much. I'm not sure why :/

Yeah so do I, TMNT was awesome :3 And I also agree on the Raging Rabids cartoon. I really don't get how they became more popular then Rayman himself, maybe 'cause they're "bunnies"? The only Rabbid game I own is the first one, which is about Rayman.
Spongebob is by far the best show ever. its still going after over 10 years and its still pretty goo i guess...some of the new ones are stupid but the old ones still crack me up even if i have them all memorized.
shelberry95
Spongebob is by far the best show ever. its still going after over 10 years and its still pretty goo i guess...some of the new ones are stupid but the old ones still crack me up even if i have them all memorized.

I love the old spongebob episodes also. My favorites are probably from 2000-2006. Yeah I agree that the new ones are kinda stupid. Spongebob was like, half of my childhood. :3 But still, its been around for 13 years, so...hmm. I saw an article saying that the show ratings have been going downhill lately, Though I'm not suprised :/
FluffyTail922
shelberry95

I love the old spongebob episodes also. My favorites are probably from 2000-2006. Yeah I agree that the new ones are kinda stupid. Spongebob was like, half of my childhood. :3 But still, its been around for 13 years, so...hmm. I saw an article saying that the show ratings have been going downhill lately, Though I'm not suprised :/

im not either. I mean I love spongebob dont get me wrong but the stories aren't really stories anymore. The have completely run out of ideas and now its like theyre trying to come up with stupid stories. confused
The Legend of Korra - Isn't really that good so far but probably will pick up quite a bit.
Spongebob Squarepants - Stupid show, if I had kids, I wouldn't let them watch it.
The Fairly OddParents - Stupid show, if I had kids, I wouldn't let them watch it.
Kung Fu Panda : Legends of Awesomeness - Meh, pretty corny, good for kids.
The Penguins of Madagascar - Awesome show for kids
T.U.F.F. Puppy - No idea what this is
Emperor Nightcrawler

T.U.F.F. Puppy - No idea what this is

Lucky you. Though Kitty Katswell is compelling in a strange way, ( stressed I am nOt a "furry" ) lol

Korra is the best show since Nick was stripped of everything cartoon except marathons of Spongebob and FOP rolleyes

I do like the Penguins and KF Panda. They can be funny and I like the animation. Especially compared to other TV 3D ani'.

Shy Poster

8,500 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
T.U.F.F. Puppy its ok don't like the ending of each episode though.

Spongebob is ok longest cartoon on there I think.

For the most part nickelodeon is ok
I love watching Nick @ Nite. That's when the best shows comes on.
spongebob is the best tv show in nick for me... biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games