Welcome to Gaia! ::

I have never seen Code Monkeys. It it on Netflix?

Dangerous Visionary

Creativerealms
I have never seen Code Monkeys. It it on Netflix?

Yup at least it was last week. You know how Netflix can be. Basically its animated in 8-bit style graphics and its a work comedy about two slackers working at video game company its like Archer meets Regular Show since everyone is horrible and weird stuff happens all the time.

Magical Trickster

19,950 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Survivor 150

+.♦.+ Diamond Dust +.♦.+

I'm actually glad that a few months ago, my parents bought Netflix. emotion_kirakira

The movies and shows that I have been watching are quite extraordinary.

Though I'm hoping they would add "Once Upon A Time" soon, I'm really hooked! xD

The shows that I'm watching lately are "Kick Buttowski" and "Soul Eater."

The movies that I've seen were: "The Secret of Kells" and A Cat in Paris. Though I wasn't so thrilled about that Cat movie, I was expecting morebut it was a HUGE let down (Even if it does has Steven Blum in it) emo

I know there is more animations in Netflix. Like Yesturday, I actually got to watch the "Kung Fu Panda The Secret 5 warriors of Awesomeness?" There was SOOO many feels that I just couldn't handle it in that cartoon. gonk

Perhaps later if I finish Kick Buttowski I can watch Aurther or Samurai Champoo

-~--~-

Dangerous Visionary

[Shewolf]

+.♦.+ Diamond Dust +.♦.+

I'm actually glad that a few months ago, my parents bought Netflix. emotion_kirakira

The movies and shows that I have been watching are quite extraordinary.

Though I'm hoping they would add "Once Upon A Time" soon, I'm really hooked! xD

The shows that I'm watching lately are "Kick Buttowski" and "Soul Eater."

The movies that I've seen were: "The Secret of Kells" and A Cat in Paris. Though I wasn't so thrilled about that Cat movie, I was expecting morebut it was a HUGE let down (Even if it does has Steven Blum in it) emo

I know there is more animations in Netflix. Like Yesturday, I actually got to watch the "Kung Fu Panda The Secret 5 warriors of Awesomeness?" There was SOOO many feels that I just couldn't handle it in that cartoon. gonk

Perhaps later if I finish Kick Buttowski I can watch Aurther or Samurai Champoo

-~--~-

Yeah their anime content is kind of dying out. I hope they can renew their rights from Viz and Fundi and such. Also need to bring back Spectacular Spider-man classified_fu Be cool if they added some of the older Disney shows as well as Duck Tales, DarkWing Duck and such since I didn't have Disney as a kid so it would be cool to see if those cartoons were any good.

Magical Trickster

19,950 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Survivor 150
Miss-dark8607

Yeah their anime content is kind of dying out. I hope they can renew their rights from Viz and Fundi and such. Also need to bring back Spectacular Spider-man classified_fu Be cool if they added some of the older Disney shows as well as Duck Tales, DarkWing Duck and such since I didn't have Disney as a kid so it would be cool to see if those cartoons were any good.

When I was looking at their anime section, most of the shows that I don't really know and sometimes they are MA-TV sweatdrop Some of them I don't want to watch because I keep thinking myself that it would probably be just like Elfen Lie or something. @_@; What I REALLY do want to see though is Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood, but I have NO IDEA WHY IT'S ON SEASON 3! stressed

I really do hope that they do bring some Disney characters, ESPECIALLY Duck tales. Thier stories can never get old every time when I watch them. heart heart 3nodding

Dangerous Visionary

[Shewolf]

When I was looking at their anime section, most of the shows that I don't really know and sometimes they are MA-TV sweatdrop Some of them I don't want to watch because I keep thinking myself that it would probably be just like Elfen Lie or something. @_@; What I REALLY do want to see though is Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood, but I have NO IDEA WHY IT'S ON SEASON 3! stressed

I really do hope that they do bring some Disney characters, ESPECIALLY Duck tales. Thier stories can never get old every time when I watch them. heart heart 3nodding

Don't let the ratings fool you some of them are quite good. They are gone now but I do believe both Monster and The Count of Monte Cristo were TV-Ma but were excellent series as far as anime goes. Also yeah a lot of the series are now on Season three because they are about to expire...probably. (Like Sgt Frog and Gigolo 13) Anyway a lot of MA titles are MA due to potty words and nudity not because they are gory or crappy like Elfen Lied so just try them out. wink

Anyway I just finished The House (Korean animated movie about ghost) and A Cat in Paris and I enjoyed both but then I like things that are different like that. Though I wish I could have seen A Cat in Paris in French. I also wish that Netflix would make a deal with Sundance so some of the animated Shorts they show from places like Canada, Italy, and France could be added.

I just woke up and finished Dante Inferno (it has both Steve Blum and Mark Hamill) It was okay too gory and Religious for me though. (I think its Korean or at least it was animated by the Koreans) It's based on a video game as well.

Kind of running low on animated and anime series and movies to watch as both sections are drying up. (probably thanks to the House of Cards and the deals they made with WB, Disney, and now Cartoon Network) Oh well they probably will add a bunch of stuff come Spring.

I recommend Avengers Earth Mightiest heroes as most of the Original Marvel films like Planet Hulk, Thor: tales of Asgard, Loki and Thor Blood Brother, Ultimate Avengers I and II, and 1/2 of Hulk VS (mainly the Wolverine one because hell it has Deadpool)
I have avoided Thor and Loki Blood Brothers, Ironman Extremus and Astounding X-men because motion comics don't interest me. Even if the comic is great why would I watch a poorly animated comic with (probably) poor voice acting. I mean I doubt the acting in those is much better then a book on tape.

I'm canceling Netflix in a few days as I don't have the money. I have watched most TV shows and movies that interest me. To be honest I will probably go with Hulu plus if I was buying one to good. Hulu just has more choices on the TV show front.

Dangerous Visionary

Creativerealms
I have avoided Thor and Loki Blood Brothers, Ironman Extremus and Astounding X-men because motion comics don't interest me. Even if the comic is great why would I watch a poorly animated comic with (probably) poor voice acting. I mean I doubt the acting in those is much better then a book on tape.

I'm canceling Netflix in a few days as I don't have the money. I have watched most TV shows and movies that interest me. To be honest I will probably go with Hulu plus if I was buying one to good. Hulu just has more choices on the TV show front.

Actually the voice acting in the motion comics are pretty flipping good and yeah you can just not watch the screen and listen like a book on tape LOL. I had the same concerns as well but yeah don't let it bother you to much. Though yeah motion comics are a matter of taste. To date the best one has been the Batman Black and White one but it's BATMAN so of course WB/DC put everything they could into it short of actually just making a fully animated mini series. Of the ones you mention I say go for Iron Man or Thor and Loki. Since I'm think the Iron Man III and the next Thor movie will draw from those.

One again seems like I'm your polar opposite on the Netflix Vs Hulu bit as I don't really like the majority of the Live action TV shows atm and even if the majority of what Netflix has to offer is kind of B-rated, retro, or kind of art houses. I rather watch them ad free than trying to watch Wolf's Rain with 30 second tampon ads every 10 mins or so.! gonk Plus I like how Netflix pretty much forces you to get out of your confront zone. I would have never tried watching stuff like Yobi, The house, or even Star Trek the Animated series otherwise.

But I know its all a matter of taste.

Devoted Miko

I was thrilled with the selection of animated shows on Netflix.
I started watching Redwall, and was filled with the warm fuzzies. I read all of the books as a child, and it was great to see an animated version.

However, there are a few shows that I think Netflix should add: Teen Titans, and Symbiotic Titan. Especially the latter.

Dangerous Visionary

purplemonkeys227
I started watching Redwall, and was filled with the warm fuzzies. I read all of the books as a child, and it was great to see an animated version.

However, there are a few shows that I think Netflix should add: Teen Titans, and Symbiotic Titan. Especially the latter.

Maybe you will get you wish come March. They finally entered a deal with Cartoon Network will have a mix of new and old shows from both CN and AS. 3nodding

Devoted Miko

Miss-dark8607
purplemonkeys227

Maybe you will get you wish come March. They finally entered a deal with Cartoon Network will have a mix of new and old shows from both CN and AS. 3nodding

What? That's fantastic!

Dangerous Visionary

purplemonkeys227
Miss-dark8607
purplemonkeys227

What? That's fantastic!

Yup. Read more about it here: LINKY CLICK 3nodding Kind of hope they add Venture Bros as well.
Quote:
One day I might watch Fritz the Cat. (I hear it was rated X back in the day) eek

I wouldn't recommend watching Fritz the Cat unless you are familiar with 1970's slang. I could only understand half of what the characters uttered throughout the movie. It looked like an animated sexploitation piece to me. I personally wasn't very fond of that movie.

Dangerous Visionary

candy-apple-red-dress
Quote:
One day I might watch Fritz the Cat. (I hear it was rated X back in the day) eek

I wouldn't recommend watching Fritz the Cat unless you are familiar with 1970's slang. I could only understand half of what the characters uttered throughout the movie. It looked like an animated sexploitation piece to me. I personally wasn't very fond of that movie.

I'm not but hey that's why we have the internet and well older folks. Yeah I know it has sex, nudity, and lots of violence. Its loosely based off a very adult comic after all. I just like looking at different things. I might not like it but at least I can give it a chance. *Currently trying to finish Top Boy and House of Cards (UK)
Miss-dark8607
candy-apple-red-dress
Quote:

I'm not but hey that's why we have the internet and well older folks. Yeah I know it has sex, nudity, and lots of violence. Its loosely based off a very adult comic after all. I just like looking at different things. I might not like it but at least I can give it a chance. *Currently trying to finish Top Boy and House of Cards (UK)

Yeah I know what you mean. One can not say that a movie is good or bad if one has not seen it. I'm just advising you that if you are going to see that movie, you might want to have a 1970's slang dictionary in handy just in case. I don't want you to be semi confused about what the characters say, like what happened to me. lol

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff