Welcome to Gaia! ::

If you have not seen Motorcity do yourself a favor and catch it. If you don't have Disney XD get the first episode free on itunes or find a stream or you tube. Still watch it.

It is one of the most amazing looking shows ever. The show just oozes style probably up there with Samuria jack in how impressive it looks. Really this show is great for looks alone it's a visual masterpiece.

Yeah from a story stand point it's pretty standard after one episode, is cliche ridden with characters we have seen millions of time before but it can improve. However the looks, my god this show just looks great.

And guess what it's completely American made. There is no out sourcing the animation to Korea like virtually every American show does. No Titmouse is doing this all themselves. The show is a mash of every computer animation technique out there and traditional animation working together to make a stylized look that is completely unique.

So yeah watch Motorcity you will not be disappointed. Though I'm sure because I'm hyping it as the greatest thing since sliced bread you will be disappointed however still watch it.

Dangerous Visionary

Hmmm. Maybe I'll give it a go.
I could not care any less about cars if I tried. However that really does not change the utterly impressive spectacle that is this show. Racing does not interest me in the slightest bit but well this is not a racing show. The fast cars are more the weapons and the tools of rebellion in this show then racing machines.

I still don't care about cars and this show will never change my opinion on that but...

I am a fan of impresive looking action cartoons and this is one. really I am not exaggerating when I say this show is up there with Samurai jack when it comes to "Cartoons that are works of art."

This show even if you don't care about the theme and setting should be checked out for the visual aspects alone. Really that is what Motorcity has going for it. It is a visual spectacle that is rarely touched.

And Hell Mark Hamill is the main villain, can't go wrong there. And the hero sounds like he's voiced by Steven J Blum (He's not but sounds like him)

Dangerous Visionary

and now I'm sold. Damn Disney is finally getting shows I can kind of watch. I'll be.
Now I want the story to match the visuals as frankly I can't say this enough the story in first episode is cliche ridden and predicable, and rushed. If the story improves as the show moves on we could have something really great on our hands.

Oh and speaking of Titmouse and Disney XD they have another action cartoon comming to the channel later this year, "Randy Cunningham 9th grade Ninja."

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Oh and if that art looks like Invader zim for some weird reason guess why? Jhonen Vasquez is the character artist for the show.

Anyway if Disney wants to use Titmouse to create action cartoons for Disney XD you know what I say? Go for it.

Heart Consumer

14,450 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Nerd 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Creativerealms
Now I want the story to match the visuals as frankly I can't say this enough the story in first episode is cliche ridden and predicable, and rushed. If the story improves as the show moves on we could have something really great on our hands.

Oh and speaking of Titmopuse and Disney XD they have another action cartoon comming to the channel later this year, "Randy Cunningham 9th grade Ninja."

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Oh and if that art looks like Invader zim for some weird reason guess why? Jhonen Vasquez is the character artist for the show.

Anyway if Disney wants to use Titmouse to create action cartoons for Disney XD you know what I say? Go for it.

That show had me sold at "Jhonen Vasquez" I definitely have to check that one out when it comes out.

Also, have any clips from Motorcity that you personally think might sell the show for people? I'd look up clips for myself but I want to avoid spoilers and what not. >>

Assimilated Wolf

That show is going to be the new Sym-Bionic Titan for me. It's just damn good. I just hope some a*****e doesn't decide that they can't make toys from it and cancels it.
Gundamu
That show is going to be the new Sym-Bionic Titan for me. It's just damn good. I just hope some a*****e doesn't decide that they can't make toys from it and cancels it.

Yeah that would piss me off. Though to me it's the new Magas XLR. Really if they can't make toys for this show they are not even trying.

I'm presently surprised Disney XD is risking a prime time spot with this show. I expected it to premiere on Saturday or Sunday Mornings like every action cartoon these days.

Assimilated Wolf

Creativerealms
Gundamu

Yeah that would piss me off. Though to me it's the new Magas XLR. Really if they can't make toys for this show they are not even trying.

I'm presently surprised Disney XD is risking a prime time spot with this show. I expected it to premiere on Saturday or Sunday Mornings like every action cartoon these days.

It really does have that vibe to it.

I guess they don't have their heads up their asses. it's a good thing.

Benevolent Genius

13,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Mark Twain 100
I saw an ad for this and it looked cool. Is it set in Detroit or is it just a name?
Tenko72
I saw an ad for this and it looked cool. Is it set in Detroit or is it just a name?

Yes it's set in Detroit.

Benevolent Genius

13,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Mark Twain 100
Creativerealms
Tenko72

Yes it's set in Detroit.
That makes me want to see it so bad now. So bad.
Just watched it, and it's a gorgeous show. You weren't kididng about cliches though, La Resistance fighting for the right to party in their grungy dystopia while The Man spoonfeeds the sheeple, this is crazy 90s.

Hard to get invested in the characters so far, but it's a great watch.

edit: That's that voice! Julie is Gooch from Scrubs!
Ooh, I caught this while I was setting up the DVR for Young Justice & Korra tomorrow~

art style looked cute at least
xAliceJae
Ooh, I caught this while I was setting up the DVR for Young Justice & Korra tomorrow~

art style looked cute at least

It all reminds me of a Gorillaz video

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas